What are you waiting on to arrive?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I noted and actually was looking at your brush the other day.
But I have an issue with Best knots in general, being a fan of Two-Banders or Finests.

I've had Manchurians from Simpsons but never really used them, so in the process I read that after the first break-in period the Manchurian becomes very sweet, so let's see.

The loft is a tad on the short length for me but I had to listen to Mark as they do obviously know why they usually set the knots at every specific length depending on the model.

Manchurians do break in and get softer.

I'm curious what is your issue with the best knots?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm curious what is your issue with the best knots?
It's with few more knot types, not just with Best.

You hold the brush in your hand.
You pass your hand over the knot and touch/feel how the knot 'sits'.
Normally the knot gets back to kind of upright when your hand leaves touching/going over the knot.

When you do that and the knot is wet/damp, with Best hair or Super, the knot does not return to upright 100% when your hand leaves going over it. It is like you have slightly shifted slightly the uniform looking and standing of the knot.

Not sure if I describe it well but I hope it is clear.

I have not seen/observed this with almost all Pure knots (various brands), with Finests (number of brands) and especially with Simpsons Two-Bands. I have sold a number of Silvertip, Best, Super brushes just for this issue.

Not really 'What I am I waiting for', more 'what is waiting for me?'. Get home Thursday evening and I have a shiny brass Seygus head, 2 Cade shaving creams and a couple of L'Occitane shower gels. Other than Mrs Satan, what other good reason could there be for returning home?.....granddaughter, son, daughter-in-law, father etc etc etc............oh, and a motorbike in there somewhere.......and a new rebuilt Supex 900 cartridge for one of my record decks.

Yeh, going home is great.

NEW FILARMONICA ESPECIAL PARA BARBAS DURAS

FxP2DSz.jpg

$_57.JPG

Won it a couple of weeks back but was away so asked the seller to hold onto it - Should get it this week and then I'll have somewhere for my little collection.

Currently, and very slowly, clearing out and redecorating a spare room which is going to be an office/study/hiding place so I'll find a space for it somewhere in there.

Congratulations on still being afloat after thirty-nine years! I got fed up of being made redundant and came ashore to start again as Super - seems like I was never home after that!

Grabbed this off ebay, for some reason barely anyone bid on it. I already have a streamline set but not the original box and instructions. I was hoping to offer you guys my current streamline set which is mint, but im not an active user yet.View attachment 19423

Post away, my friend. Lather shots, shave of the day, comment on other posts and you're there in a jiffy.

Oh, and nice catch!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom