What was your first?

which cream/soap did you start with?

• Total voters
Hairsuite said:
Sm304 said:
Mine would be other on your poll, Arran Aromatics Bay Citrus soap in a wooden bowl. I got it in a gift pack with the EdC and my first brush, an Arran Aromatics branded boar. A week later I bought my first DE, a Merkur 43C and about a month after that I officially went on the breadline after discovering TSR! :icon_wink:

Scott.

I have met you, you were obviously not on the breadline for long!

;-)

:icon_razz:

I still am, every time I come on here someone is discussing or selling another product that I then 'need'! :icon_razz:

1st soap was wilkinson's sword with my cartridge razor (think it was a Wilkinson sword xtreme) however I couldn't get a decent lather so I went back to canned goo.

Then got a tub of Body shop sesame oil shaving cream which worked well, then tried Wilkinson sword bowel again (in my opinion this actually works quite well given the cheap price compared to other soaps though not a patch on the trusty palmolive stick).

Also used TOBS the shave shop and sandlewood both awesome.

Currently alternating between palmolive shave stick (great lather, great price though can be messy) and Tabac soap in a bowel (great lather and IMHO pretty good smell).

The next will probably be another TOBS cream either lemon and lime or eton college.

Proraso cream in the tube (the green one). Lot's of people seemed to use it and like it so I bought a tube.

The razor was one of the small aluminium Techs with a Derby Extra blade (I got wise to them not long after!) and a Vulfix Piccadilly boar brush.

I still have the brush and still occasionally use Proraso.

Ian

maybe they should produce a tabac brush made of skunk hair. I do like the smell of tabac it reminds me of my grandmas house

Back
Top Bottom