Who is getting the ATT Bamboo SE1?

@Nishy I find the S2 and the R2 very similar. The R2 being slightly more efficient and the S2 slightly smoother.

I don't consider my technique very good although I can use a very soft touch, having said that, I had no issues using the S2 from day one. Maybe the fact I started with the M2 and moved onto the R2 next might have helped my technique without me realising it.

I have not used an SE as yet and given that I can get a very good shave from all my ATT razors (M2,R2,S1 and S2), what, in your opinion, I would benefit from using the ATT SE1?

@Nishy I find the S2 and the R2 very similar. The R2 being slightly more efficient and the S2 slightly smoother.

I don't consider my technique very good although I can use a very soft touch, having said that, I had no issues using the S2 from day one. Maybe the fact I started with the M2 and moved onto the R2 next might have helped my technique without me realising it.

I have not used an SE as yet and given that I can get a very good shave from all my ATT razors (M2,R2,S1 and S2), what, in your opinion, I would benefit from using the ATT SE1?
Tough question my friend. You have started with/used a lot of open comb razors. So you can appreciate the light touch/technique from the outset compared to a straight bar. Also you may it seems prefer the feel of the OC.

Thing is switching from DE to SE is like switching from DE to straight razors. A different experience. The only thing I find is that an OC DE feels more like an SE. I found the Mongoose too harsh. ATT reviews are now mixed, but those who show similar trends to me, have found it smooth and efficient (blade on second use). Stan mentioned it being between the M and R plates in terms of aggression, in addition to the liking of your OC razors; this may be interesting for you to try.

Tough question my friend. You have started with/used a lot of open comb razors. So you can appreciate the light touch/technique from the outset compared to a straight bar. Also you may it seems prefer the feel of the OC.

Thing is switching from DE to SE is like switching from DE to straight razors. A different experience. The only thing I find is that an OC DE feels more like an SE. I found the Mongoose too harsh. ATT reviews are now mixed, but those who show similar trends to me, have found it smooth and efficient (blade on second use). Stan mentioned it being between the M and R plates in terms of aggression, in addition to the liking of your OC razors; this may be interesting for you to try.

The M2 was the first OC I ever tried and I loved it. I love the R2 even more. I love the S2 too. The one thing all these 3 razors have in common is that I cannot use them everyday without signs of irritation at some point.... it might be after 4 or 5 days but I will get irritation. Maybe with time this will change but for now I have to take note of this fact.

I find interesting your comment that an SE might feel like a straight razor to people switching from DE razors. Looking ahead, I see myself trying a straight but that won't be anytime soon :)

Thanks for your comments, much appreciated.

The M2 was the first OC I ever tried and I loved it. I love the R2 even more. I love the S2 too. The one thing all these 3 razors have in common is that I cannot use them everyday without signs of irritation at some point.... it might be after 4 or 5 days but I will get irritation. Maybe with time this will change but for now I have to take note of this fact.

I find interesting your comment that an SE might feel like a straight razor to people switching from DE razors. Looking ahead, I see myself trying a straight but that won't be anytime soon :)

Thanks for your comments, much appreciated.

One piece of advice, all IMO, get a Timeless OC use it in the summer and save the R2 and S2 for the winter, or alternate. Going by what you say the Timeless OC is easily the best fit for a daily driver.

Fourth shave this morning with 1912 Cashmere
Loving this razor, it is performing well even as a daily.
unfortunately i might have trouble keeping it

Thanks buddy, yep had the grey card this morning. Rushed to the PO. I like the thin Bamboo handle. How it performs will be determined later :) happy days this morning that has seen three excellent additions to the den.
Customs fees on the other hand jeez.

First shave today with a feather pro and I was surprised. Having used a Mongoose and hearing that this could quite aggressive, I was expecting much more bite.

This is a puppy. Definitely as Stan (ATT) mentions, somewhere between an M and R plate. It is extremely comfortable, efficient and left no irritation. Closer on my first use than
many others and I like the handle, but I feel it concentrates too much weight towards the head. For such a hard, stiff blade I would prefer a more balanced approach. Looking forward to experimenting with various blades and handles.

Can anyone recommend another blade that may give me more 'face feel' feedback?

First shave today with a feather pro and I was surprised. Having used a Mongoose and hearing that this could quite aggressive, I was expecting much more bite.

This is a puppy. Definitely as Stan (ATT) mentions, somewhere between an M and R plate. It is extremely comfortable, efficient and left no irritation. Closer on my first use than
many others and I like the handle, but I feel it concentrates too much weight towards the head. For such a hard, stiff blade I would prefer a more balanced approach. Looking forward to experimenting with various blades and handles.

Can anyone recommend another blade that may give me more 'face feel' feedback?
I just ordered some Feather Supers to try in mine. I've been using a light handle and haven't had any issues, but may try with something heavier for comparison, thanks for the thought.

I received mine a few days ago with a colosus handle. For me it's better then the Mongoose and Cobras but I can't get away from my Wolfman razors so this one is going to end up on BST one of these days.
Hi Snuff, which is your favourite Wolfman setup?

Back
Top Bottom