Wolfman for sale

Which brings up an interesting question:
If you have a razor (let's for the sake of simplicity say that it's a Wolfman) - that you could sell to a complete stranger online for either;
a) $1200, or
b) $200

To keep it simple there is no 'option c' like donate it to charity, etc.

What would you honestly do? :)

Admittedly it was on a BST, but I sold mine for exactly what I had into it. That was just a few weeks after he had raised the price, so I actually sold mine for less than the current asking price.

***Then I started watching them sell for $350+ and thought maybe I was an idiot.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Admittedly it was on a BST, but I sold mine for exactly what I had into it. That was just a few weeks after he had raised the price, so I actually sold mine for less than the current asking price at the time.

***Then I started watching them sell for $350+ and thought maybe I was an idiot.

Well, it's not been sold yet so I guess the people who may be interested in buying a wolfman razor don't think it's worth it, and he has the cheek to ask the pocket change for postage....as if he wouldn't be making enough money if he sells it.
I've seen things on the bay for stupid money because every now and again you get a stupid buyer who thinks well if he's asking that much it must be worth that much! Chancers.

To be honest I don't think it's worth anything go close to that. I have thought of selling mine, especially as I'm pretty certain that I could ask £300 - £400 and it'd sell, but $1300 is just taking the piss especially as it's been given a crap paint job.

I know there's the sell it for what you paid argument, but I don't notice anyone doing that with Darwins.

Admittedly it was on a BST, but I sold mine for exactly what I had into it. That was just a few weeks after he had raised the price, so I actually sold mine for less than the current asking price.

I'm sure the person you sold it to thought you was a stand up guy who wouldn't want to make a profit from a fellow fourm member, good for you.

To be honest I don't think it's worth anything go close to that. I have thought of selling mine, especially as I'm pretty certain that I could ask £300 - £400 and it'd sell, but $1300 is just taking the piss especially as it's been given a crap paint job.

I know there's the sell it for what you paid argument, but I don't notice anyone doing that with Darwins.
It's true, imo he has devalued it with the crappy paint job, what was he thinking? As far as what people sell things for...that is down for the person selling it to decide, there are of course times when you may adjust the asking price, if you was selling on BST or to a pal you may not want to make a profit but if you was selling on the bay you probably would like to make a profit but not like that bloke who is clearly taking the piss and is just plain greedy in my eyes, but we are all different and all have different values.

There could be a reason he painted the razor. Most likely he is a dick or he could have damaged it. It is a very bad paint job. I can paint and I would find it hard to do bad paint on such a surface.

If you are going to let it go, I will give it a loving forever home.

Most likely he is a dick or he could have damaged it. It is a very bad paint job.

Nah, generally neither. I know the guy from other forums and he is always dicking around with high end razors: polishing, bead blasting etc... He is always listing stuff on BST's and generally sells at high but fair prices. I was surprised to see this listing, because I didn't think of him as a douchebag.

I do know that he sent this razor off for that cerakote job. I think he was hoping for a Delta Echo type job and it just didn't work out.

Ha, yes it is hilarious, he must have been so excited at the prospect of a huge profit that he went to peices when taking the pics! :)

Lol! I can just imagine that guy. "I'm gonna knock em dead with these pics!" Hook line and sinker.
With my luck he probable listed it on Ebay five minutes later for a couple hundred extra dollars. [emoji13]

Omg I hope not. I hate those.

I can never see me being able to get one! James will not respond to any method of messaging , he makes great razors but his customer service does not exist and it's not because he is a one man enterprise, Mervyn Cadman can manage to run a one man workshop and can still find the time to reply to his customers questions, that's good business !

"Funny" .. he hasn't been able to respond me either when I've tried to make contact.

But I constantly see people in US rave about his quick responses and excellent service.

Perhaps we in Europe "doesn't" exist, because the US more than enough covers his customer-base needed?

Which brings up an interesting question:
If you have a razor (let's for the sake of simplicity say that it's a Wolfman) - that you could sell to a complete stranger online for either;
a) $1200, or
b) $200

To keep it simple there is no 'option c' like donate it to charity, etc.

What would you honestly do? :)

I actually sold my Weber to a person online that I write a lot with for a lot less than eBay would get me. I just couldn't get myself to give him the "eBay" price, because I find it ridiculously high. It wouldn't be fair to him. Also I couldn't bring myself to sell it on eBay because he often told me he was interested in it, should I part with it. So personally I owed it to him to sell it to him for a fair price.

So with my head under my arm, I'll testify to answer "b".

Back
Top Bottom