you ever feel guilty with all the gear you have? razors, blades etc etc

D

Deleted member 12673

hey people so I was wondering you ever feel guilty with all the gear you have? razors, blades etc etc

I'm not gonna lie I sometimes feel lie it's just too much and then sometimes I'm like look you save so much money not going barbers etc for head shaves just enjoy it

I don't know of any of you can relate to this sort of inner struggle?

I'm not saying I've got the most gear etc but I'm just way it's just OTT no doubt but its kinda addictive too,
Let's face it most shaving gear is brought online so it's like so easy couple of clicks and worse it's on your smartphone a few taps and the deed is done

In my early days of moving to Vintage SE/ Injectors I got a bit carried away, particularly with certain versions. For Instance I had 6 boxed ER Streamlines, 5 ER 1914, 6 ER 1924 + innumerable 1912s. 6 PAL Injectomatics.
Have got rid of some but still have rakes of ER 1912s, anybody want one ?
I feel foolish rather than guilty.

Two things to recognise Saj:
  1. Compulsive purchasing (particularly on the Internet) is normally associated with underlying mental health issues - both minor and more serious. It's a temporary chase of a lift/happiness. Many of us here can relate to this.
  2. Most people jump in to a new hobby with both feet. Guilt will not solve anything. If you're experiencing financial hardship from your purchases, stop and get help. If your spending is within your budget, enjoy the ride, discover what really works for you then have a joyful clear out whilst keeping the bits you thoroughly enjoy.

1. Compulsive purchasing (particularly on the Internet) is normally associated with underlying mental health issues - both minor and more serious. It's a temporary chase of a lift/happiness. Many of us here can relate to this.
  2. Most people jump in to a new hobby with both feet. Guilt will not solve anything. If you're experiencing financial hardship from your purchases, stop and get help. If your spending is within your budget, enjoy the ride, discover what really works for you then have a joyful clear out whilst keeping the bits you thoroughly enjoy.

I can help diagnose the first point. I accept payment in the form of shaving soaps

It's clearly a symptom of a more dire underlying problem: using money to try & fill a void. Of those afflicted some get a handle on it and some don't. You have to have a sane budget and know when to stop.
Btw why do you think us humans feel the need to fill the 'void'?

As this applies to all hobbies in that end of having to fill in that void

In my early days of moving to Vintage SE/ Injectors I got a bit carried away, particularly with certain versions. For Instance I had 6 boxed ER Streamlines, 5 ER 1914, 6 ER 1924 + innumerable 1912s. 6 PAL Injectomatics.
Have got rid of some but still have rakes of ER 1912s, anybody want one ?
I feel foolish rather than guilty.
Hmmm interesting you mention the word foolish as I've never felt that, unless I'm just such a fool that I don't realise I'm being foolish lool

Yea I totally agree with that mate

Back
Top Bottom