Acquisitions - August 2024

View attachment 124235
I’m a deviant addict and need help. These arrived from the US. In immaculate condition. I had not accounted for taxes - VAT etc so that came as a surprise but v pleased with these for the collection. Or should I use them?!

Use 'em!

In all seriousness, the build and plating on these razors it tip top and your careful usage is unlikely to make much of a difference. We see poor examples when the razor has been (ab)used as an implement and neglected versus a careful owner who will clean and dry the razor after use.

Enjoy, either way.

Use 'em!

In all seriousness, the build and plating on these razors it tip top and your careful usage is unlikely to make much of a difference. We see poor examples when the razor has been (ab)used as an implement and neglected versus a careful owner who will clean and dry the razor after use.

Enjoy, either way.
Thanks for the advice. I tend to clean and then spray with alcohol. Hopefully that’s ok

Thanks folks. I had a suspicion it might be a slim adjustable. I’ve never handled either but had seen them in videos.
It was marked up on FleaBay as a G1 1961 fatboy.

I’ve had a look under the side of the head and can’t seem to see a date code. Might be my eyes though.
Well, I’m happy with it and am looking forward to trying it out.

Hope you love it. Mine’s great but it led to wanting other vintage Gillettes…
I am going to have to resist!! To be fair I have managed to go 11 years after getting into the DE habit without looking for vintage razors. Was just looking the other day for the fun of it and decided to have a punt on an bid.

Back
Top Bottom