Acquisitions - August 2024

Saw This advertised on Facebook and while I have resisted other similar razors I couldn't resist this one. What attracted me to it is the rounded corners which will be of interest to underarm shavers as well as face shavers.

Kronos DE razor with bamboo handle and and stand from KronosLDN which came packed in a box with the head and base of the handle covered in thin paper. Included was one DE blade. The handle reminds me of a Muhle handle. I'll be using this today so look out for my short review later.

Kronos.jpg

PILS - Whatever the shave it’s looks can’t be denied.
View attachment 123963
tropic thunder GIF

A bowl of Kent soap

20240816_185931.jpg

I paid a little too much but I didn't particularly care as I bought it from the Master Barber in Southport. A rarity of an actual physical shop with an excellent 'buy over the counter' stock. Anyone visiting Southport needs to pay a visit.

Plus speaking to the owner of a clothes shop, he was saying he was having to sell a lot of stock cheaply as there has been a massive drop in foot fall since the incidents of recent. A kind of plea for people to please return. Happy to help out, especially with Eterna and Olymp shirts at £17.

Well it is a local town to me and they need support.

OneBlade - Stay off eBay at night folks!
View attachment 123425
Don't tell people that! I had my Blackbird on here for originally £120 inc postage, I'd say a good price, had to reduce it to £100, still no takers, Stuck it on Ebay, sold it for more plus postage. Sometimes forums aren't the best place to sell, limited audience. A lot of forum members want stuff for nowt and still aren't happy.

View attachment 123404

Valentino Born in Roma

Amazing what you'll do when bored to tears om a trading estate. Tried this in Boots and thought 'Shit that is nice'. And so I bought some. There was something it reminded me of but couldn't quite think what.

Only this evening did I realise that although not on the fragrance tree, it's blackcurrant. Well more blackcurrant than violet which is. But then what would I know having zero fragrance nounce

Smells like seductive Ribena.
I fell down the men's aftershave/fragrance rabbit-hole about 8 years ago, I've now got around 14 bottles of various stuff, my favourite for a number of years now has been Viktor and Rolf Spicebomb (the original one), it's a really good Autumn/Winter one with decent staying power. It's quite pricey if you pay full whack for it at the main high street retailers such as Boots (currently £110 for the 150ml bottle there) so I always shop around online (the three websites that I tend to find are cheapest are Notino, Allbeauty and Fragrance Direct), in addition to this if you ever visit the Canary Islands there's a myriad of fragrance shops over there where the prices are just insanely cheap (for both mens and ladies fragrances, all genuine as well, no copies/bootlegs as long as you stick to the main stores), last summer I bought the aforementioned 150ml bottle of Spicebomb for £62. The Mrs and I have been going to Costa Adeje in Tenerife for the last 7-8 years (apart from when Covid landed on us) so we always tend to treat ourselves when we go. I also signed up for emails to the three websites and they email you when they have offers on like % off and free P and P etc (Notino tend to have offers on quite frequently and also sell a selection of DE shaving stuff as well).

I hope you got the (older) Mitchell's formulation @Satanfriendly or it's a VERY expensive wooden bowl. Must say, for old times I've considered a Kent bowl as a home for one of the newer Mitchell's formulation. Southport is a long way to drive, mind.

To be honest I am not sure which formulation it is, but it lather, smells and gives a superb shaving medium just like the old puck I have over in Yorkshire.

Used it twice in a row just to make sure and perfect each time. Very happy

And a nice bowl in to the bargain. I can sell you the bowl for say £85.37 in around 15 years time.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom