Acquisitions - September 2024

Would you mind buying some Imperial Bay Rum from Phoenix and Beau and getting it delivered to my address?
It will save you on postage later when you sell it too me.

Happy Shaquille O Neal GIF by Papa Johns
One of the best mark - I’ve had a lot of bay rums - paa is number one - they do a lot of bay rum variations - and then imperial rum is second.

Ironic as they both have phoenix in their brands - has to be a sign surely….. if you’re thinking of getting a bay rum bro. Definitely either of the Phoenix .

phoenix mocking jay GIF

Bargain basement best buys (I think)!
35184640-BEAF-46FF-B7D6-6ED609D48A1C.jpeg

Ok, so I had a fancy for a one piece razor (the couple of Chinese Superspeed clones I had having been passed on to my son-in-law, who loves them). Real Gillettes, if in good condition, are too pricey for me. I have pursued a few Slim Twists but not been successful, then I remembered the Feather Popular, which was all over the various websites last year and was recommended by some as a Slim Twist clone. Not so easy to get hold of now though, finally found someone that had some stock and ordered one. It has taken 3 weeks, but arrived today. Ordered an Omega brush from somewhere else at the same time, and that arrived about 10 days ago. Whatever, I have it now and can’t wait to try it!

View attachment 125111

Ok, so I had a fancy for a one piece razor (the couple of Chinese Superspeed clones I had having been passed on to my son-in-law, who loves them). Real Gillettes, if in good condition, are too pricey for me. I have pursued a few Slim Twists but not been successful, then I remembered the Feather Popular, which was all over the various websites last year and was recommended by some as a Slim Twist clone. Not so easy to get hold of now though, finally found someone that had some stock and ordered one. It has taken 3 weeks, but arrived today. Ordered an Omega brush from somewhere else at the same time, and that arrived about 10 days ago. Whatever, I have it now and can’t wait to try it!
View attachment 125111

The Popular is a nice razor.
Mild but effective.
The long plastic handle is the only negative for me.

Interesting to me that there were models of Gillette called the Popular.

Last edited:
The Popular is a nice razor.
Mild but effective.
The long plastic handle is the only negative for me.

Interesting to me that there were models of Gillette called the Popular.
Well, my timbers, they be shivered! I didn't know there had been a Gillette Popular, just looked it up - well I never etc, looks nice as well, same as the Aristocrat really, but you had to open the butterfly manually (ouch, me finger!) Thanks for pointing me at that, very interesting!

Bagged another vintage C&E

View attachment 125145

... bit of a risk since there was no box and no ingredient list present, but a quick test lather tells me it's the good formulation and not the terrible Trumpers-style from the very end of their run with shaving soaps.

Also, a puck of Ach Brito Musgo

View attachment 125146

... which is the very latest 2024 formulation:

View attachment 125147
Looking forward to hear your thoughts on the Musgo Paul. I bought one recently from Portugal and getting I'm getting mixed results. I have binned the box so don't know if it's the same formulation as yours.

Looking forward to hear your thoughts on the Musgo Paul. I bought one recently from Portugal and getting I'm getting mixed results. I have binned the box so don't know if it's the same formulation as yours.
On paper, the previous formulation reads pretty well but I never tried it. This latest formulation is in line with many of the template that many of the big European names are using. Yeah, I'll certainly press it into use for a proper shave soon enough. Test lather was very positive.

Scent is ... err, not so much. Synthetic citrus and moss and like a third point on a scent triangle with Derby and Arko.

I received this last week. A few things from MakeUp.uk. I didn't know but if you order close to your birthday there's a £5 off voucher.

If it's of any interest they have changed the bottle top on the Makler aftershaves, the new ones seem to be an improvement on the old ones. A few small 22mm Omegas too, they don't have many fans but I like them.

1000019025.jpg

Back
Top Bottom