Erasmic and Palmolive Soap Stick Mix - £1 soap puck!

I decided to try my first "soap mix" tonight and thought it rather successful - so much so that I thought I'd share it with you!

I started with a 50p stick of Erasmic soap and a 50p stick of Palmolive:

JyZNbdA.jpg

I don't really know the difference between old/new formulations, but these were the ingredients:

yAYb3hZ.jpg

I then grated them both onto a plate, mixed the shavings by hand and then put into my newly (charity-shop) purchased, perfect-for-the-task, bowl. I flattened them as best as a I could by hand and then added a splash of boiling water. I fashioned a tinfoil "hat", placed it over the flattened shavings and then put a glass jar of equal(-ish) surface area over the top:

wtT1cI1.jpg

I then filled the jar with boiling water, tightened the lid and placed several heavy books on top of it and left until the water in the jar cooled.

I removed the jar and foil and then test lathered it - it was superb! In both smell and function it performed fantastically - better than either one on its own. I gave it a wee test on my face with 2 strokes of my razor and it seemed more than capable. I'll use the tinfoil hat as a lid in the future to prevent it drying out too much.

DyDDN5a.jpg

AOuDN5p.jpg

In conclusion, I am thrilled with my total outlay of £1 for 100g, superb performing soap!

I'd rather grate sticks than use as intended.

I've frankensteined an arko and boots, and also a boots shave bowl puck with an erasmic bowl puck. Both good lathers

I have both of these sticks laying about, I may just give this a go. Although I feel conned as I paid a quid for my erasmic! Hardly breaking the bank but still ;).

Also, if anyone likes the look of the soup bowl, 99p store has an almost identical one, which I also have.

Alex

I mixed these two soaps a little while ago mainly because I didn't really like the Erasmic on its own. It's a good combo that I haven't used for a while, in fact I may well use it tomorrow.

I was thinking of doing this after buying the erasmic stick for 49p and finding it a fit thin and foamy. Only problem is I only have half a stick of palmolive so thats surely an excuse to buy another!

I love experimenting with the stick type soaps, I've made several Frankensoaps in the past. My most recent being a Wilki stick mixed with a La Toja stick topped off with a melted Droyt block (took 20 seconds to melt in microwave). Left to settle in the fridge for half an hour and good to go. A curious but not unpleasant smell but the lather was excellent, the glycerine in the Droyt left a nice bit o silkiness after the shave.

SmallBeard said:
Also, if anyone likes the look of the soup bowl, 99p store has an almost identical one, which I also have.

Alex

Seems like the charity shop ripped me off - £1.95 I paid! Although it did come with a (now redundant) spoon that slots into the handle. If you want another erasmic stick, it's in "Home Bargains" that they are 50p and I think that's the regular rate in there.

I've frankensteined an arko and boots, and also a boots shave bowl puck with an erasmic bowl puck. Both good lathers

Are they better mixed than by themselves? I'm going to take a walk up to the big tesco and stock up on soap supplies for mixing, if the other mixes are good too then I might stop at all the chemists on my way back to try the lot!

I wanted somthing to take the smell from the arko, and the other I did just for the Craic. The boots and erasmic bowl mix is better than as individuals

I don't Mix the Palmolive or the wilkies, no point really

mulligano said:
SmallBeard said:

Alex

Seems like the charity shop ripped me off - £1.95 I paid! Although it did come with a (now redundant) spoon that slots into the handle. If you want another erasmic stick, it's in "Home Bargains" that they are 50p and I think that's the regular rate in there.

Heh, so did this one from the 99p shop! I think I've binned it though now. I slid my EJ89 in the hole to hold it while I left the bathroom and now it's scratched the chrome handle :( don't do this!!

Ah I'll check that out, thanks, I got it from a chemist, so I guess we've both been ripped off!

I also just press it together no microwave or water.

Give it a quick test lather then good to go.

Ikea, and morrisons do a good grater/container for the job

Al H said:

I'm really close to a Morrisons, what container is it you mean? Does it have a flat stackable lid? I'm fast running out of storage space and that would be pretty handy.

And thanks for the heads up Alex, I was thinking about doing just that with my TV Rocket tomorrow morning - good job you mentioned it.

mulligano said:
Al H said:

I'm really close to a Morrisons, what container is it you mean? Does it have a flat stackable lid? I'm fast running out of storage space and that would be pretty handy.

And thanks for the heads up Alex, I was thinking about doing just that with my TV Rocket tomorrow morning - good job you mentioned it.

No worries.

mulligano said:
Al H said:

I meant for easy grating and catching

As for my sticks I use old erasmic bowls, hair wax tubs, proraso pots. Anything round

[/quote]

[/quote]

In use the plastic tubs with a clip on lid 85p in Morrisons. Should be a photo of them in my past SOTD posts.
Brian

Back
Top Bottom