I can no longer restrain myself..

jds

... Why, why, why are so-called onesies items of popular culture these days. They are, without exception, hideous and should not be worn by anyone over the age of 18 months.

I just do not understand the phenomena...

Rant over

Jon

:blush: My wife and kids bought me a Mr Grumpy one for my birthday:blush:

I am ashamed to admit I have worn it, but only after making sure the wife's camera has been hidden away, and only between having a shower and going to bed. Don't really want to be answering the door in one! They are actually quite comfy and very warm, which is my excuse for still not having the heating on for more than two hours a day, I make the wife and kids put them on in the evening to save on the heating oil! Am I a tight bastard?

Does that get me kicked out this place?

SmallBeard said:
As a pyjama, maybe acceptable. Out in public, no no no. I've seen a mother daughter matching onesie 'team' in my shop. Mother is 40s daughter is 15/16...

Oh for goodness sake. That should be an arrestable offence. And not even as pjs. It's a marketing.... if they were called Romper Suits (which is what they are) no-one would give them a second glance.

Burn them all

Infantilisation.

I saw a pramface in one at the local supermarket, I did a double take because it'd been raining and she looked like a bit of fancy-dress road kill.

She's just demonstrating to the world she really wants to be a child again and sod all this growing up lark, hey I still like shitting in my pants now and then.

My daughter loves her's, but she is 6. I agree with you, and can't understand how anyone could be seen in one! Especially out shopping!

To be honest this is probably a good reason to avoid Asda and stick to Waitrose.

antdad said:
hey I still like shitting in my pants now and then.

Ohhh, I didn't know that about you. It's fine, it's just fine Tony. Hmmmm, maybe Sharon will be around to put a more positive spin on your unusual druthers. See how good her Blarney really is.

Yeah, that's swell.....sure thing....nothing to worry about.

Truly the most vile garment ever re-invented! Impractical pyjamas that could well see you caught short and really, they're just ruddy bed overalls or modern long johns gone mad. My 5 year old girl occasionally sleeps in one but there the line has been indelibly drawn! My good lady came home with one, tried it on and wouldn't even show me. Red of face, she thrust it back into its wrappings and took it straight back. Terrible, awful things that should be banned by act of parliament for anyone over the age of 8. If I'd been given one for Christmas, there is no way I would have managed to hide my feelings but, thank Christ, it never happened. I'd have beaten the bugger half to death with a limp Christmas cracker! I vote that come next Bonfire night, we go onesie pillaging and burn the whole bloody lot, wearers (children exempted, of course) and all! :icon_mad: :mad:

Gairdner said:
Truly the most vile garment ever re-invented! Impractical pyjamas that could well see you caught short and really, they're just ruddy bed overalls or modern long johns gone mad. My 5 year old girl occasionally sleeps in one but there the line has been indelibly drawn! My good lady came home with one, tried it on and wouldn't even show me. Red of face, she thrust it back into its wrappings and took it straight back. Terrible, awful things that should be banned by act of parliament for anyone over the age of 8. If I'd been given one for Christmas, there is no way I would have managed to hide my feelings but, thank Christ, it never happened. I'd have beaten the bugger half to death with a limp Christmas cracker! I vote that come next Bonfire night, we go onesie pillaging and burn the whole bloody lot, wearers (children exempted, of course) and all! :icon_mad: :mad:

Now THAT is an inspired rant. Even made my wife chuckle!

Daz says they are very warm and he keeps the heating off if he wears one. Good enough for me! I have been enabled!

Seems they took a child's clothing idea and multiplied it, scaled it up, it took off in Essex so they went ahead and made them in hideous patterns and flooded the market. A bad idea in hideous patterns but they keep you warm. Perfect for old codgers - but only after the 9pm deadline and very much only in the privacy of my own home and I will flatly deny owning one. But why would anyone ask?

Does one wear ones bedsocks inside or outside one's onsie, does anyone know?

Back
Top Bottom