I can no longer restrain myself..

Gairdner said:
Truly the most vile garment ever re-invented! Impractical pyjamas that could well see you caught short and really, they're just ruddy bed overalls or modern long johns gone mad. My 5 year old girl occasionally sleeps in one but there the line has been indelibly drawn! My good lady came home with one, tried it on and wouldn't even show me. Red of face, she thrust it back into its wrappings and took it straight back. Terrible, awful things that should be banned by act of parliament for anyone over the age of 8. If I'd been given one for Christmas, there is no way I would have managed to hide my feelings but, thank Christ, it never happened. I'd have beaten the bugger half to death with a limp Christmas cracker! I vote that come next Bonfire night, we go onesie pillaging and burn the whole bloody lot, wearers (children exempted, of course) and all! :icon_mad: :mad:

Ooh, this has next years Secret Santa written all over it! :p :angel:

I don't see a problem with them as lounge wear, I don't own one but wouldn't rule it out. In my previous house, a new build, it wasn't needed but I have since moved into an old stone built house that is much harder to heat and keep warm. However I don't understand the mentality of the people who go to the supermarket in their onesie/pj's, dressing gown and slippers, I see that equal to venturing out in your underwear.

Sm304 said:
However I don't understand the mentality of the people who go to the supermarket in their onesie/pj's, dressing gown and slippers, I see that equal to venturing out in your underwear.

Are you bring serious? In Carnoustie, people go to the supermarket thus dressed? Sheeesh! Anywhere else?

Mind, look at the queue to get into a night club and it seems many of the women forgot to dress in anything! (I drive that way home from the Station after I've been to the opera.)

I'm proud to say there are no onesies in our household, however I have seen a bloke who lives around the the corner from me taking his kids to school in his onesie [ASTONISHED FACE]

Bechet45 said:
Are you bring serious? In Carnoustie, people go to the supermarket thus dressed? Sheeesh! Anywhere else?

No not here, but the Asda and Tesco located close to where I grew up has had a few but I've not seen it for a while. Although my mums next door neighbours would be prime candidates, I think I've only seen them dressed in anything other than pj's once. :)

When I was younger I really wanted an L L Bean 'Union Suit'. They used to be a lovely shade of red and had the button up hatch in the back to give that authentic grizzled old prospector look. Anyway, they still make them although the hatch looks much more modern. It wouldn't count as a onesie fortunately. My kids have onesie's but they're aged 2 and 4. My mum has one too, but she's 70 so that can be overlooked.

I haven't got one and don't intend to get one but I long for the day I can get one of those union suits and wear it from autumn (or 'fall') through to spring, either under my clothes or just with a cardigan like old man Steptoe (or Sanford, although that one is probably lost in translation).

Johnus said:
Thursday it's going to be -20C here, with snow!! I'd wear one!!

Ah! We used to wear Skidoo snowsuit onsies on deck on the winter Newfoundland coast. It is cruel to work Fillippino crew in minus 38C weather and wind chill takes it further down - but needs must.

Being a very tall guy, I couldn't wear one because of the gap between the bottom of the Skidoo suit leg and the top of my boots - that exposed bit would have become frozen and brittle and maybe my feet would have snapped off.

When I say "We used to wear..." I mean, of course, "They used to wear....". Deckies of all descriptions. "We" were down below - where it got cold enough on occassion to persuade one to button up one's boiler-suit - if it had any buttons left, anyway.

Carl, I always had you down as man of exquisite, high taste and sensibility. Oh how you have sunk in my estimations......;)

Ah! That were in my seafaring days and I had oil and dirt embedded beneath my finger-nails. Now I be like what you said - describes me to a 'T', what! Those of us born without a silver spoon have to start at the bottom and work our way to heaven.

Oh, it wasn't the rough, seafaring days - I admire that very much. It was the fact that you've been onesie enabled that nearly caused me to evacuate the mouthful of tea I was supping at the time. However, I suppose that the more mature gent could get away with it in the manner you describe but please, keep them solely for nights when Carmen isn't a-calling.....;)

Oh! Trust me! Carmen will never see it. Never! Ever! Assuming I can bring myself to wear it, she shall never, ever lay eyes upon it. Ever.

I'm wondering though, should I have bought the green one with pink spots instead of the orange and purple one on its way to me?

Bechet45 said:
I'm wondering though, should I have bought the green one with pink spots instead of the orange and purple one on its way to me?

Only if you insist on us calling you "Mr. Blobby" !!!

Johnny(I truly like the taste challenged ) O. \:s

Bechet45 said:
Mind, look at the queue to get into a night club and it seems many of the women forgot to dress in anything! (I drive that way home from the Station after I've been to the opera.)

...even though it adds 5 miles to the journey.

O dear, O dear, O dear, These garments are probably going to be a fashion trend.

Many photos will be taken, and many will hang there heads in shame, and yes in 20 years time many will have to suffer the........

"you brought a onesies back in the day then did you"?
"Yes"
"How stupid do you feel now"?
"I feel like a cock, a golden cock" :icon_cry2::icon_cry2::icon_cry2::icon_cry2:

"HA HA your a cock" :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Back
Top Bottom