Votes: 19 59.4%
  • Gillette Super

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Merkur Futur

Votes: 7 21.9%
  • Merkur Vision

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Im in the mood to try an adjustable. Ive flogged a few old aviation bits on ebay and have a few pennies sat in the paypal account and would appreciate peoples thoughts on whether a Gillette adjustable or a Merkur Futur would be the best one to sample.

I really fancy a gold razor, but fear that the finish will not be as long lives as either a steel or chrome finished one, I notice I can pick up a chrome or brushed steel Merkur for about £40 new, and the Gillette possibly about the same (if I go for a slim).

So gentlemen, your thoughts please on either / or.

I hadn't shaved with an adjustable Merkur until this week, when I received a Futur from a trade on here. It's an aggressive beast. Based on my initial impressions of it, I'd go for a Gillette everytime. The Futur just seems so big and cumbersome and the blade gap on it is frightening. My opinions may change as I get more familiar with the razor, but after a few shaves I feel it's much easier to get a decent shave with an adjustable Gillette. Plus they're just better designed, no ill thought out blade change mechanism and much easier to adjust during the shave.

Get both, they are different beasts!

I love my slim it is more manoeuvrable, but for sheer effortless efficiency the Futur is my star performer, it just seems to bring the best out in whichever blade I put in it.

The real question is which one 1st?

I've used Merkur Futur, Vision & Mergress ; for me it would be the Gillette . But, it's so much down to personal preferences it may be that as suggested it's just a matter of "Which first".

JohnnyO. :geek:

As I own a Mergress and now 2 slim adjustables I would suggest the slim. It is a fantastic razor, feels right in every way. The Mergress I find a bit more aggressive but I've not had a bad shave from the slims.

Can't speak on the Futur as never tried one. Had a fatboy which died before a proper use too so likewise!

Back
Top Bottom