New Man Bag!

Well I have just ordered the Jumbo one. I've been watching loads of reviews and I do think my camera might be a tight fit, so I have ordered from Amazon as returns are easy. The bigger versions look too big and bulky.

My new Man Bag has arrived today.

I opted for the Maxpedition Jumbo like Northam Saint, just in a different colour.

I'm very impressed with it, I have added a layer of padding to the bottom of the main compartment and it holds my camera comfortably, I can also put a Flash Gun or another lens in with it. The water bottle carrier will hold a Flash Gun., or a lens, tt won't hold my 70 - 300L though. My Blackberry playbook fits in the back pocket as well.

Lots of pockets for losing all the bits I carry with me on a Dog walk, spare camera batteries, wallet, phone, dog treats, doggy bags etc..

It is very comfortable to carry when loaded up, I'm impressed. Thanks to Northam Saint for posting his otherwise I would have never found it.

DSCF1002_zps99332f26.jpg

Lose the beard said:

I opted for the Maxpedition Jumbo like Northam Saint, just in a different colour.

I'm very impressed with it, I have added a layer of padding to the bottom of the main compartment and it holds my camera comfortably, I can also put a Flash Gun or another lens in with it. The water bottle carrier will hold a Flash Gun., or a lens, tt won't hold my 70 - 300L though. My Blackberry playbook fits in the back pocket as well.

Lots of pockets for losing all the bits I carry with me on a Dog walk, spare camera batteries, wallet, phone, dog treats, doggy bags etc..

It is very comfortable to carry when loaded up, I'm impressed. Thanks to Northam Saint for posting his otherwise I would have never found it.

DSCF1002_zps99332f26.jpg

Glad your pleased with it. Got some TacTies and tried attaching my M1 pack. They tie on fine but it just didn't feel or look right.

They are great bags and seem to swallow up everything, and like you said they are comfy to carry. It is very tight with an iPad in the pack compartment, but it will go, just. I managed to get my 70-300 in the bottle carrier part.

Northam Saint said:
Lose the beard said:

DSCF1002_zps99332f26.jpg

Glad your pleased with it. Got some TacTies and tried attaching my M1 pack. They tie on fine but it just didn't feel or look right.

They are great bags and seem to swallow up everything, and like you said they are comfy to carry. It is very tight with an iPad in the pack compartment, but it will go, just. I managed to get my 70-300 in the bottle carrier part.

After travelling around the USA for three weeks I would like to add.

Great for use on a plane, it sat under the seat in front nicely.

I had in it

Sony DSLR with a 200 zoom
Glasses
Sunglasses
Bottle water
Moleskine Note Pad
Several Pens
Two Bunches of Keys
Bag of change
Four Passports
Ipad

After a day of walking around it did get a bit heavy but that's due to me. It did make travelling easier and I feel was well worth the money and investment. It's one I will use again and again.

I'm very impressed with mine, its become my walkabout camera bag now. I have the M1 waistpack which I carry when Dog training and walking as it contains dog walking essentials. I then attach it to the front of the shoulder strap of the Jumbo bag when carrying that as well.

Over the years I have tried several and to be 100% honest none of them have worked for me except a version of the "Haversack" I always end up with one version or another. The out going one is a Targus Lap Top bag and it's given good service over a number of years. When travelling it transports the lap top (It's what it was made for) and then doubles up as a beach bag supermarket carrier of wines beers and spirits and any other duties where a bag is required.
On it's last trip in January one of the straps was starting to come away so it was noted not urgent and just carried on as normal.

Well the weather has been so bad that we were almost housebound until yesterday morning the sun was out so in the car we went and arrived at Worcester a lovely little city. Parking out of town we wandered down the river bank up into the city had a coffee then went to a few shops before deciding where to have our lunch. TK MAKKS came into view and in we went Mrs B B looking at all sorts of stuff then my eye caught sight of this, Love at first sight.

Sorry guys there should be a picture here. I must have got it wrong some one help please. Thanks Bob

May not be a colour for everyone, but these are a great bag at a great price.

As per my comments in this thread. I have found they make a good bag for plane travel or a DSLR.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Maxpedition-Jumbo-Versipack-Shoulder-Bag/dp/B006LD1A18/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1371059357&sr=8-1&keywords=Maxpedition

Going away for a few days next week. I have two rucksacks I normally take, one large, one small, nothing fancy. The zip on the small one has broken so I have just ordered a bag from Amazon. Its what's known as a 'tactical shoulder bag', like the Maxpedition stuff, but I couldn't justify the cost of that kit, so I'll report back on how the £17 version performs after next week.

Manbag revival time.
The tactical shoulder bag I ordered never materialised, they were out of stock and I got refunded.
But I feel like I need a bag for when out and about dog walking etc. By the time I have stuffed my pockets full of gloves, hat, liner gloves, dog lead, tennis ball, poo bags, treats I look like Bibendum. And with a camera around my neck, well I need a bag.
So I have trawled ebay and have settled on a vintage army surplus shoulder bag, nothing fancy, under a tenner. Will report back when I've recieved it and hopefully used it a couple of times.

Mrs Bare Bones has recently started to think that the real me has been abducted by aliens and replaced by a lookalike. One of the main reasons is that I've gone from swearing I wouldn't be seen dead with a manbag to actually buying and using one.

I've always liked Barbour stuff so the post Christmas sales saw me buying a waxed cotton Tarras bag.

I thought I'd quickly lose patience with the strap/buckle fastening but it's been fine. It's now the home for a small camera, kindle, iPod, phone, notebook, EDC pouch etc.
I forgot it yesterday and it kind of spoiled my day as I didn't have all my bits to hand.

At some point I'll chuck a DSLR and spare lens in there as well and I'm sure it'll still have room to spare. Can't really remember how I got by without carrying all my "essentials".
BB

Northam Saint said:
Postie just delivered this

Maxpedition Versipack Jumbo. Very well made with loads of pockets. Already tried it and takes an ipad in the rear pocket, A DSLR with a 200 telephoto lens, pair of over ear phones with space to spare in the main compartment and all the pockets still spare.

Got one similar to that from 5.11 - excellent bags. Got a Rush 72 for my ISAR gear, although it's doubling-up as a very useful Dad-bag just now!

KrisH said:
Jute Man said:
Got one similar to that from 5.11 - excellent bags. Got a Rush 72 for my ISAR gear, although it's doubling-up as a very useful Dad-bag just now!

ISAR gear ?

International Search And Rescue - it's a Fire Service organisation that I'm privileged to be a member of. We go to major disaster areas around the world to assist the best we can, whenever required.

Jute Man said:
KrisH said:
Jute Man said:

ISAR gear ?

International Search And Rescue - it's a Fire Service organisation that I'm privileged to be a member of. We go to major disaster areas around the world to assist the best we can, whenever required.

Well done that man.

Back
Top Bottom