New Man Bag!

Thought so ;-) ... which Brigade team are you with ? We may well have shifted some of the same dust and rubble.

I'm a USAR Tech and Team leader with one of the British NGO's

KrisH said:
Thought so ;-) ... which Brigade team are you with ? We may well have shifted some of the same dust and rubble.

I'm a USAR Tech and Team leader with one of the British NGO's

Small world, eh?

I'm with Grampian - as it was known until we became a single service! Christchurch has been my only job, so far. Been to Widley and Waddington a few times though. What team are you?

Yep ... its amazing where you bump into USAR Brothers ...

I'm with S.A.R.A.I..D. been out to Pakistan and Indonesia earthquakes, Landslide and flooding in Mexico a few years back. BOO for Haiti. plus missing persons, flood response and other UK stuff.

We put in offers of Assistance for Christchurch and Japan (as well as most of the other recent quakes etc) but as you know they were limited response requests from the relevant governments.

I know Waddington well... certainly the "house of fun" more than I'd like and have observed at Widley a couple of times...we're due to do some training at the FSC Moreton this year so you never know we might bump into each other there sometime.

But to get the thread back on track ....

We use Macpac 35 litre daysacks for personal USAR kit. and North Face or Mountain Equipment Duffles for Base camp bags (to carry tents, sleeping gear, clothes etc).

I've also got a variety of Maxpedtion bags (Fatboy and Jumbo Versipak, Monsoon Gearslinger and a Proteus "clone" ) for breaking it down further or generally moving stuff around.

Worrying thing is I'm beginning to realise I may have more bags than my wife does ...

Back
Top Bottom