SOTD: Saturday 13 July - Friday 19 July 2024.

Razor = Shield.
Blade = Schick Proline.
Brush = Kent P12 in Pure Badger.
Cream = Fitjar Islands Folgefonn.
Splash = Myrsol Blue.
Balm = Baxter Of California.
IMG_2072.jpegWasn’t going to shave today but was in need of some menthol.
i was sitting in my house sweating when i realised my wife had the heating on to dry a washing rather than walk to the garden to hang it out :mad:.
Cut a long story short i had a great shave.
June 2020 i started this soap & tonight was the last.
4 years to finish one soap means i have around 400 years worth of soap :devilish:.
Anyway first go on this shield paired with the Proline was a dream,
100% bbs, On a biased note it’s not quite as good as my Oren but it’s certainly a close second.
The menthol in the cream, splash & balm is just right.
To much i don’t like but this is first class.
The Brush was an ebay buy and i don’t know much about it.
My calliper’s have ran out of battery but i think this brush is 30 mm although i could be wrong.
Onwards to Tomorrow
Enjoy your sunday

Sunday 14th July

AP1GczOIQ4BRGUFy_CVP1xhy7zu_xXa2Q27laMg_AVgFeMUsMAZy6y7YR41IY5vE6Mi2HtCIIUgYJV9Ok2452xtaP2VK8oh898hwM6DcsDAGDokAhau5YjMfHr_AVN5y9CsYfRN5JIBYN8r2aTv7oFDxFtS_yA=w800

Speick Shaving Stick (Tallow - Grated) & Vulfix Coronet Pure Bristle
Gillette Sensor Excel w/Sensor Excel Cartridge (4)
Speick Aftershave

... prefer the veg Speick stick!

SOTD Sun 14 Jul 2024

Sunday, shave

7DDD8143-DC93-40AD-BDC3-6CB52675D1EC.jpeg

Simpsons Luxury Shaving Cream
Anbbas Amber 24mm synthetic brush
Muhle R89 Twist razor
Shark Super Stainless blade
Homemade splash (witch hazel and essential oils)
Forest Fresh ASL
Nivea Replenishing PSB

Nice quiet shave tonight, no issues, excellent. The cream was a gift from that nice chap @Tony'schin and the next couple of blades I have lined up were from him as well, a Personna and a Wizamet, looking forward to them I am! Cheers Tony. The cream is awesome, and the combo of Muhle and Shark very smooth and effective. All told very happy with the outcome, feeling and smelling bodacious!

View attachment 122689

My Shave today consisted of...
Prep Freshwood pre-shave oil.
Brush Highlander LE2023 Boar.
Soap Once upon a time.
Razors Leaf & Brass Hone.
Blade Nacet (1).
Aftershave Jean paul gaultier Scandal.

My theme was completely ripped off @Rip my flesh so I dedicate today's photo and shave to him.

It's my first run out with the Brass Hone that was very generously loaned to me by a fellow member and one I have been looking forward to trying out for a while.
The design is amazing and I love how the handle screws into the base, it feels heavier than my Mongoose and the handle will take a little getting used too with my baby hands.
The Hone really does shave very smoothly and I have a lovely glass finish, this is just the first outing and I have not dialled into it properly yet, I can't wait to really see what this razor has to offer as I improve.
Top class razor with a surprising top class first shave.

Simon Cowell Wow GIF by America's Got Talent's Got Talent

Enjoy the day everyone and the football, we could well be finally bringing it home.

Celebrate World Cup GIF by Three Lions
Thanks for the dedication, and that Makala Dolphin is an excellent little uke, I had a red one but it was one of those sold when we downsized.

IMG_5501.jpeg
SOTD: 13/07/2024

Razor: Blackland Blackbird Lite
Blade: Feather Pro, 1st use
Brush: Highlander “Azzuri” Custom Brush Boti 4th Gen Pink 3 Color Synthetic Knot
Bowl: 3D Printed Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: Stirling Campania Puck
Balm: Bart's Balm BEN KILBRECK Balm
Fragrance: Stirling Campania Eau de Toilette

IMG_5519.jpeg
SOTD: 14/07/2024

Razor: Blackland Blackbird Lite
Blade: Feather Pro, 2nd use
Brush: Knothead Brush Works 26mm AP Shave Co. Synbad
Bowl: 3D Printed Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Aftershave: HC&C Ladies Man Aftershave
Scent Oil: HC&C Ladies Man

I’ve been kindly loaned the Vector Lite by @Johnny Bravo and have to say so far it’s been a delight. I loved the original but found it just too aggressive for my daily needs, this shares the manoeuvrability and fantastic head design but with none of the skin scraping I got when using the original for more than a few days in a row. It’s going to take a few more uses but it seems to mow down almost all my bristles with ease, and unlike the standard version, has an uncanny ability to barely skim my skin leaving it feeling incredibly smooth and irritation free. I still need to work on my the soft areas to the side of my Adam’s apple but it is a significant improvement on the original for me!

And a wonderful cup losing shave themed, 'I talk shite'

20240714_173626.jpg

Ikon B1
Polsilver Lodz
Wee Whiskey Barrel
Captain Fawcett's
Pure moisturiser
M&S Bergamot and basil

'Was that a shave which just passed by?'
'I think it was'

'I talk shite'

Yes I do

But what a most Godly shave. Not as if I know what that means or who he is.

Have some of the UK lady gymnastics team practicing for the Olympics

Or some obsolete Japanese girly band....

Make your choice

Oh, and by the way it's a damn good job Fawcett's have the sense to write 'Shaving Soap' on the lid just in case I might have thought it was toothpaste.

I really have to find me a couple of packs of those Jaws bladed ha ha
Hey, thanks! Yup, this blade is only available at 1 shop near my home, nowhere else. It is an awesome blade...for me...
If any member is heading my way for a holiday or work or perhaps someone from my side is going to the UK and can pass along many blades to be shared...it's cheap too...hahahaha!
20220501_150559.jpg
20210118_213134.jpg

15 July

Sterling Campania
Plisson synthetic
Tatara Masamune Nodachi
Personna med prep
Men’s Grooming Vetiver and Sandalwood balm

8BC68460-FFA2-4938-AD58-97514B919264.jpeg
A very smooth two pass shave this morning. The Tatara equipped with one of my last few remaining med prep blades was wonderfully smooth and efficient. The Plisson brush made an excellent lather with the Sterling soap. A grand start to the week.

Back
Top Bottom