SOTD: Saturday 15 June - Friday 21 June 2024.

SOTD Mon 17 June 2024

That was a week, that was, shave
056FC50F-9206-436F-84BC-60522AEC1069.jpeg
Erasmic + Ingram shaving cream
Anbbas Amber 24mm tuxedo synthetic
Muhle R89 Twist
Rainbow Super Stainless
Homemade splash (witch hazel and essential oils)
Forest Fresh ASL
Nivea Replenishing PSB

Change of format felt right.

Well that was a week to reckon with. Lost Bella on one Saturday then gave my daughter away at her wedding the following Saturday (suppose in TSR parlance I PIF’d her!) With a week of highs and lows in between. My daughter and my new son in law are both autistic and have assorted learning disabilities, so it was a busy week for both families, but worth while as everyone had a great time. But a week of ups and downs for my wife and I.

Anyways, back to this shave, I picked up the Erasmic cream at Savers the other day, but it surprised me by being both a liquid cream (a bit like the Nivea Liquid Shave Cream) and being reluctant to lather nicely for me. Added a dollop of Ingram and it went better, quite creamy and slick but not as cushioning as I would have liked. The Rainbow blade on it’s second use felt like some of my other blades on their fourth outing, maybe two is it’s limit. Not bothered if it is, as they were ridiculously cheap. Despite all my whinging it was actually rather a nice shave, and left my face feeling and smelling very nice.

SOTD: 18th June 2024.

3.jpg

Shaving Recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Cien Moisture Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face & head.
Cien PURE Fragrance Free Sensitive Bar Soap.
Brush: Yaqi 24mm Naples Tuxedo Synthetic.
Face & Head Lather.
Lather: Erasmic Shaving Soap Bowl.
Blade: Personna PTFE SS Injector. (D4)
Razor: Parker InjRzr. (Setting 4)

Cold Water Face & Head Rinse./Cold water face & Head wash with brush squeezing's,/Alum Rub./Cold Water Rinse./Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils, 5 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With Care+Witch Hazel./Cien Men Aqua ASL./ Nivea Men Replenishing PSB.

Greetings,

Early morning shave,

(Face & Head Shave.)

A wonderful combined face & head shave from the Parker InjRzr.

The inexpensive Erasmic provided me with a wonderful lather. I intend to use this soap more in my future shaves.

Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Nivea Men Replenishing PSB.

My face & precious swede are feeling smooth & smelling divine.;)

Keep safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Tuesday 18 June
Blackland is making great razors and the Era, one of their earliest, is no exception. It is no longer made because of production cost issues I believe. Shame as it’s a very good razor and today I gave it a run out. Mine is with a level 5 plate which I find ideal.
Again used the Brazilian Wilki, it seems to go on and on.
The soap is another of the fabulous artisanal Jabones de Joserra soaps, this time with the catchy name of Rodrigo De Jerez. He was a Spanish explorer of the Americas around 1500 who apparently was one of the first to smoke tobacco. Well, he used a pretty long pipe and by the looks of his face on the picture must have added some happy powder to the mix :ROFLMAO: . The soap definitely has a dark tobacco leaf maybe chocolate mousse colour, not sure of the taste but it doesn’t smell of either. It’s much more complex than that, it lasts on the skin and I love it.
The brush is Simpsons Eagle, not their softest of badgers but does the job.

Have a great day fellas!

IMG_0667.jpeg

18/06/24
Tabac Tuesday
Pre - Dove Original Cream Bar
Brush - Semogue SOC BTS Boar
Soap - Tabac
Razor - ATT Windsor CR
Blade - Personna Med Prep
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Vintage Tabac Black
A/S - Tabac Aftershave Splash
Wk 25 (4).jpg
Getting back to Tabac Tuesday
And very nice it was too.
Congratulations Ken @Rip my flesh on the wedding of your daughter.
Enjoy your day all.

SOTD 18-June
1000029189.jpg
Brush: Simpson Colonel
Soap: Williams Mug
Razor: Blackland Tradere
Blade: Feather

So today's theme is Rip in Pieces, so the aim being to use a soap from a company that's gone down the pan. It wasn't too bad, but the scent is just straight up Soap, and the performance wasn't bad but I'm not going to rush to use it again.

Think this covers the brief, along with the photo treasure hunt being 'Darkness', with this being the end of the line for this particular offering.

Have a good one all.

Cheers

Marc

SOTD Mon 17 June 2024

View attachment 121756
Muhle R89 Twist
Rainbow Super Stainless
Forest Fresh ASL
Nivea Replenishing PSB

Well that was a week to reckon with. Lost Bella on one Saturday then gave my daughter away at her wedding the following Saturday (suppose in TSR parlance I PIF’d her!) With a week of highs and lows in between. My daughter and my new son in law are both autistic and have assorted learning disabilities, so it was a busy week for both families, but worth while as everyone had a great time. But a week of ups and downs for my wife and I.

Anyways, back to this shave, I picked up the Erasmic cream at Savers the other day, but it surprised me by being both a liquid cream (a bit like the Nivea Liquid Shave Cream) and being reluctant to lather nicely for me. Added a dollop of Ingram and it went better, quite creamy and slick but not as cushioning as I would have liked. The Rainbow blade on it’s second use felt like some of my other blades on their fourth outing, maybe two is it’s limit. Not bothered if it is, as they were ridiculously cheap. Despite all my whinging it was actually rather a nice shave, and left my face feeling and smelling very nice.

A massive congratulations to your daughter and her new husband.

A nice balance to your recent less happy events.

SOTD Mon 17 June 2024

View attachment 121756
Muhle R89 Twist
Rainbow Super Stainless
Forest Fresh ASL
Nivea Replenishing PSB

Please pass on congratulations to your daughter and new husband.

As much as I've loved my shaves of late, with either Tabac or MWF getting hammered lately, I decided that I just needed to change it up for the sake of variety. Also might not be a bad idea to start using up some of the soaps that are less than half full, so I don't end up with a cabinet full of nearly empty soap tubs. So to the Razorock Tuscan Oud, which I really like. It's a bit of an overpowering scent but enjoyable. I had a bit too much water on my Rubberset 400 boar, so when I went to get some soap on the brush I ended up with a soggy puck. A bit of a workflow error really, I had intended a face lather but ended up whipping up a cubic foot of lather in the soap tub - d'oh! Anyways I had a lush lather and the bathroom smelt nice! A fresh Dorco stainless (Sainsbury's white label) in my Tech and a splash of the BI-ES (branding fail!) aftershave that Shubs kindly gave me. A quality start to the day.
20240618_093221.jpg

Back
Top Bottom