SOTD: Saturday 16 March - Friday 22 March 2024.

17/03/24
Pre - Droyt's Vegetas Glycerine Soap
Brush - Erasmic AP Shave Co Gelousy Bulb 20mm
Soap - P&B Trafalgar
Razor - Heinr. Böker "Piccadilly" 7/8
Blade - @ Tony'schin
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Barts Balm Ben Lomond - Cinnamon & Patchouli
A/S - Geoffrey Beene Bowling Green
Wk 12 (2).jpg
The Böker absolutely sings during the shave, just wonderful today.
An easy 2 pass shave routine for a DFS finish.
Enjoy your day all.

17 March

Wickham 1912 Cashmere
Simpson Chubby 2
Razorock Hawk v3
Schick Proline P30
Men’s Grooming Vetiver and Sandalwood balm

870A07A4-CF1E-4593-A515-9B620978FDF7.jpeg
An excellent Sunday shave. Everything worked well, including me, to achieve a fine close and comfortable shave this morning. After several tries with Razorock razors, this is the one that works really well for me. I’m so happy!

20240317_151756~2.jpg

My Shave today consisted of...
Hot shower with Signature soaps Shower scrub.
Prep Proraso preshave
Brush Highlander synthetic.
Soap Hawkins & Brimble
Razors Stando Rod
Blade Nacet 6th use
Aftershave Goodfellas smile Shibusa 2

Today I just wanted to take my newly acquired Stando Rod out for a spin but will be back to the Vector tomorrow.
The first impression was well built and gives that old comfy slippers feeling in the hand and to shave with, mainly because most of my razors are around this weight and have fatter handles.
I took to the shave like a duck to water and was really blown away by how mild it felt on the face but how close the actual shave was.
It's weak spot was the head shave as like a lot of my razors the larger head was a downfall and although I did indeed get a nice cut free headshave (good marks for that alone) it was definitely not as quick or as close as the Vector.
That being said only one shave in and I really need to do at least 10 shaves each to get a real feel so very very early days to read anything into it yet.
I will say this, I can tell you already that the Stando Rod is staying with me, it's a star in the daily shaving dept and an extremely well made razor so thank you to those that A put me onto it in the first place and B to the seller that sold it too me.
The freebie goodfellas aftershave from Agent shave was lovely I might have to throw a bottle into the basket on my next buy.
That's all for now, I am extremely clean and smoother than one of Kojaks lollipops.
"Who loves ya baby"

Back
Top Bottom