SOTD: Saturday 16 March - Friday 22 March 2024.

18/03/24
Pre - Droyt's Vegetas Glycerine Soap
Brush - Erasmic 26mm Shavers delight Tuxedo knot
Soap - Ariana & Evans Asian Plum
Razor - Karve Stainless C - SB
Blade - Ladas
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Barts Balm Ben Macdui - Rosemary & Sandalwood
A/S - Pashana Original
Wk 12 (3).jpg
The 26mm tuxedo is a lather monster, producing and holding onto massive amounts of the good stuff.
I fitted a new Ladas blade in the Karve, again the first use gave some cutting feedback although it did smooth out on the 3rd pass.
I am finding the Ladas to be the not sharpest blade out there, but very capable.
So, an easy comfortable BBS finish today.
Enjoy your evening all.

Favourable felicitations you fur free fantastic forum folk. And that is the end of my 'F' words for this SOTD.

For my first entry in this new week of SOTD's I start with a duo of shaves from over the weekend.

Saturday

And the theme was, 'Blue brush and blue movies'

20240316_190156.jpg

Grass sandwich razor - Razorock Hawk V3
Last blade in Paris - Feather Professional
Deepbrush - Highlander big blue
Debbie does shaving soap - Murdock's cream
Confessions of a moisturiser - Pure

'I lost most of my teeth in 1952 during the filming of 'Man with large?....big?...huge?....I can't quite remember, but.........I'll drink to it anyway'

Whatever it was she couldn't remember I do recall this was a very large?....Big?... huge?....grin inducing shave.

So let's be having some grin inducing girls to sing this first shave out. Why, it's the Beaver!

Sunday

And for Sunday's time by the sink the theme, 'Ouch!' shall prevail

20240317_190749.jpg

Yikes a razor - Ikon B1
Mmrrrmphhh blade - Wizamet Super Iridium
OMG! brush - Highlander LFC
WTF! soap - Signature Londinium
Scream cream - L'Occitane Cade balm
Painful perfume - Guerlain Homme

'I cry a tear for you'

Ouch! Not because of a slasher movie shave, but Ouch because we lost to Manchester bloody United. Now that really hurts. Personally I blame the brush again. The brush cursed by a covern of witches in Montenegro. I have another team brush being made at the moment for my first love team, Marine FC. In this case Gile's can send it to the Pope for his blessing.

A crap football performance, but a wonderful full time performance from team shave.

'And Klopp is leaving as well......'

Fuck!........I lied

Ouch! it's more Beaver

Favourable felicitations you fur free fantastic forum folk. And that is the end of my 'F' words for this SOTD.

For my first entry in this new week of SOTD's I start with a duo of shaves from over the weekend.

Saturday

And the theme was, 'Blue brush and blue movies'

View attachment 118296

Grass sandwich razor - Razorock Hawk V3
Last blade in Paris - Feather Professional
Deepbrush - Highlander big blue
Debbie does shaving soap - Murdock's cream
Confessions of a moisturiser - Pure

'I lost most of my teeth in 1952 during the filming of 'Man with large?....big?...huge?....I can't quite remember, but.........I'll drink to it anyway'

Whatever it was she couldn't remember I do recall this was a very large?....Big?... huge?....grin inducing shave.

So let's be having some grin inducing girls to sing this first shave out. Why, it's the Beaver!

Sunday

And for Sunday's time by the sink the theme, 'Ouch!' shall prevail

View attachment 118321

Yikes a razor - Ikon B1
Mmrrrmphhh blade - Wizamet Super Iridium
OMG! brush - Highlander LFC
WTF! soap - Signature Londinium
Scream cream - L'Occitane Cade balm
Painful perfume - Guerlain Homme

'I cry a tear for you'

Ouch! Not because of a slasher movie shave, but Ouch because we lost to Manchester bloody United. Now that really hurts. Personally I blame the brush again. The brush cursed by a covern of witches in Montenegro. I have another team brush being made at the moment for my first love team, Marine FC. In this case Gile's can send it to the Pope for his blessing.

A crap football performance, but a wonderful full time performance from team shave.

'And Klopp is leaving as well......'

Fuck!........I lied

Ouch! it's more Beaver

So Chris as the inimitable Bill Shankly once said,
Some people believe football is a matter of life and death, I am very disappointed with that attitude. I can assure you it is much, much more important than that.”

Well as a United fan maybe I'm the one who brought bad luck for that brush, at least against United :cool:

Monday 18th March

AP1GczP_oEpvWFbbGWXSD2rdh1yXlSIWOOz-PK9ZEvmDapOy_WOXM6QwoOgQYkNSMZjeThDPKtyzEO0Qk3cy-qULOcSTLEWoTYwKKaciVxPiFtk_tv-FEw2TqsW88TaJhM2uYKTueIoFYcXPAWnXP2fRAO6okA=w800

Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet (Vintage/Tallow) Shaving Bowl & Omega 10005 Pure Bristle
Muhle Rocca (Polished) w/Souplex Bakelite Handle & Wilkinson Sword (German) (1)
Drakkar Noir Aftershave

Cracking the seal, so to speak, on this vintage tallow Pen's shaving bowl. Bloomin' lovely experience! Great lather when paired with a good boar, really creamy and superb residual slip. Really close shave, what with the buffing to enjoy that slip.

Smashing!

Monday 18th March

AP1GczP_oEpvWFbbGWXSD2rdh1yXlSIWOOz-PK9ZEvmDapOy_WOXM6QwoOgQYkNSMZjeThDPKtyzEO0Qk3cy-qULOcSTLEWoTYwKKaciVxPiFtk_tv-FEw2TqsW88TaJhM2uYKTueIoFYcXPAWnXP2fRAO6okA=w800

Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet (Vintage/Tallow) Shaving Bowl & Omega 10005 Pure Bristle
Muhle Rocca (Polished) w/Souplex Bakelite Handle & Wilkinson Sword (German) (1)
Drakkar Noir Aftershave

Cracking the seal, so to speak, on this vintage tallow Pen's shaving bowl. Bloomin' lovely experience! Great lather when paired with a good boar, really creamy and superb residual slip. Really close shave, what with the buffing to enjoy that slip.

Smashing!
Why not the Souplex razor???

Why not the Souplex razor???

... because while I like 'em, I don't love 'em. Shave with your best kit and you'll always be getting your best shaves. Anything else just leaves you wishing you'd picked what you love and you spend years not using the stuff you love most. I've vowed to use what I love this year and not use stuff just because I have it.

The Souplex(es) will come back in some day, I'm sure.

My little Souplex collection can be seen here: https://www.theshavingroom.co.uk/community/threads/straight-outta-morecambe.58975/

Screenshot 2024-03-18 21.09.20.png

... but the handle is lovely and absolutely enhances my pleasure of the Rocca head.

Back
Top Bottom