SOTD: Saturday 17 - Friday 23 August 2024.

Friday 23rd August

51683EED-E93C-43F9-A86C-9A06003EA28F.jpeg

Razor: Gillette Slim Adjustable (Debut use)
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (2nd use)
Brush: Razorock Italian Barberpole
Soap: Hendrix Classics & Co Cowboy Up (Debut use)
Post-shave: Trumper’s Spanish Leather Skin Food

Had a great first shave with the Gillette Slim Adjustable. Tried it on settings 7 and 4 today. The Cowboy Up soap has a virtually indistinguishable to my nose scent of Tom Ford’s Ombré Leather to it. One I’ll be returning to again for sure.

Attachments

• 6C96CB4D-DE08-4EFC-BA6D-2F5CDC2862EB.png
    6C96CB4D-DE08-4EFC-BA6D-2F5CDC2862EB.png
    330.5 KB · Views: 2
3df4f432-5b08-4363-a036-9859ebafac09.jpg

Razor: Occam's Original
Blade: Kai Captain Protouch MG
Brush: Riva 26mm Manchurian
Pre: Proraso Sensitive Pre-Shave Cream
Soap: MMGP Afternoon at the Tailor
Fragrance: Penhaligon's Endymion Concentré

I decided to give this razor another try tonight. I removed the 1-dot plate and put in the 2-dot. I was very wrong about this razor—what a shave it was, super smooth! It’s probably the smoothest shave I've ever had. I now understand the reputation these razors have.

Not a chance will I be letting this razor go now.

Oh, and the soaps scent is spot on.

23/8/24

Soap - Proraso Green
Brush - Yaqi Mew Brown
Razor/Blade #1 - Ever Ready 1912/Gem
Razor/Blade #2 - Gillette Rocket HD/Gillette Minora Stainless
AS - Proraso Green

My face was uncomfortably itchy with 5 days worth of growth, the dual razor combination removed the growth with no troubles. I need to get into a habit of shaving daily again, my face prefers it.

Have a good weekend gents.

1000018195.jpg

View attachment 124319

Razor: Occam's Original
Blade: Kai Captain Protouch MG
Brush: Riva 26mm Manchurian
Pre: Proraso Sensitive Pre-Shave Cream
Soap: MMGP Afternoon at the Tailor
Fragrance: Penhaligon's Endymion Concentré

I decided to give this razor another try tonight. I removed the 1-dot plate and put in the 2-dot. I was very wrong about this razor—what a shave it was, super smooth! It’s probably the smoothest shave I've ever had. I now understand the reputation these razors have.

Not a chance will I be letting this razor go now.

Oh, and the soaps scent is spot on.
angry how dare you GIF

Dear people

It is stupid O'Clock and I have the opportunity to steal that prestigious position of the first SOTD of the week from @Palmolive fox . But I couldn't do it to him and he would only complain to the adjudicators and have me excommunicated from TSR anyway. He of gold plated swedes.

So instead I am playing the honourable game and going for the most exhulted SOTD of the week, and the final entry. Unless someone else is sadder than me and find themselves writing up on their shaves at an even more daft O'Clock. In which case, you are on the wrong day matey.

So as my final entry for this past week of SOTD's I am delighted to present you with my shave themed, 'Puffyshoes and Puffyshaves'

20240823_154823.jpg
No regrets razor - Tatara Nodachi
Tokio blade - Brazilian Wilkie
Matilda the brush - Highlander Marine AFC
Backstage pass soap - Signature Condate
Jelly tots moisturiser - L'Occitane Cade
Alright scent - M&S Spiced Amber

'When I grow up I'm going to be a radio presenter'

'Wow. When I grow up I'm going to be a daft twat'

A shave with a few more weepers than I really wanted, but then again I have spent a lifetime of making folk weep. Bit of a shame really as the actual shave went spiffingly well. I guess that is the art of being useless.

Why Puffyshoes on a Friday? I don't have a clue, but think it might have something to do with their internationally not recognised album, 'Finally the weekend'. A No.1 chart topper in Trashigan village Bhutan

Still, to play the tradition game here they are, some puffyshoes to end on....

And of course, I love you all

Last edited:
Razor = Ikon B1 OSS
Blade = Gillette Nacet ( 2 )
Brush = 26 mm High Mountain Badger By Bobby
Moffat
Soap = May Chang with matching splash.
Balm = Loccitane Cade.
IMG_2465.jpegHad this shave last night but fell asleep before posting.
These Wickhams soaps are top drawer up there with the best of them.
Still tired this morning so i’ll wish you all a good weekend

Dear people

It is stupid O'Clock and I have the opportunity to steal that prestigious position of the first SOTD of the week from @Palmolive fox . But I couldn't do it to him and he would only complain to the adjudicators and have me excommunicated from TSR anyway. He of gold plated swedes.

So instead I am playing the honourable game and going for the most exhulted SOTD of the week, and the final entry. Unless someone else is sadder than me and find themselves writing up on their shaves at an even more daft O'Clock. In which case, you are on the wrong day matey.

So as my final entry for this past week of SOTD's I am delighted to present you with my shave themed, 'Puffyshoes and Puffyshaves'

View attachment 124322
No regrets razor - Tatara Nodachi
Tokio blade - Brazilian Wilkie
Matilda the brush - Highlander Marine AFC
Backstage pass soap - Signature Condate
Jelly tots moisturiser - L'Occitane Cade
Alright scent - M&S Spiced Amber

'When I grow up I'm going to be a radio presenter'

'Wow. When I grow up I'm going to be a daft twat'

A shave with a few more weepers than I really wanted, but then again I have spent a lifetime of making folk weep. Bit of a shame really as the actual shave went spiffingly well. I guess that is the art of being useless.

Why Puffyshoes on a Friday? I don't have a clue, but think it might have something to do with their internationally not recognised album, 'Finally the weekend'. A No.1 chart topper in Trashigan village Bhutan

Still, to play the tradition game here they are, some puffyshoes to end on....

And of course, I love you all
Great post mate I will pass on the dancing vid though (n)

(Also posted on paste & cut)

26/08/24 Evening

• Razor Gillette Super Speed Flare tip 1955/A1
  • Blade Vintage Waltham shave 2
  • Pre-Shave Hot Shower
  • Brush Synthetic B&B Chubby
  • Cream Mitchells Wool Fat
  • Aftershave Clubman bay rum
Hi all a good shave this evening with the super speed load with the waltham blade.
I touched it up on a vintage DE blade hone witch were made for the carbon blades.
In the days when DE blades weren't as cheap as they are today compared with other day to day items.
I'm not sure if the hone or the razor made the difference as in my opinion
the super speed is a much better razor for me than the ball end tech with this old blade.
1 pass WTG and ATG no touch up needed.
A bit of bay rum and all done ( My misses hates the smell of this stuff I guess she's not alone.)
A drop of 3 in 1 oil on the blade and I will try again some other time.
Cheers
IMG_8469.jpeg
IMG_8471.jpeg

Monday 26th August

AP1GczNjQYRxZzXzp5BNdWIqN5oS_RF37jjgu6dyITxeH30HxZPIzhcAjo3dvzQRHgpv7moENEHWsRkgefyzSq4lGFp9_ghDKFgcf3iDnzgj7FbJFvWVF4ykJlHLwapMFXGmqNCqxHylNrC_lA2k982PCAzjZg=w800

Floris JF (Vintage Palmate) Shaving Bowl & Omega 11137 Pure Bristle
Muhle R89 Liscio & Personna Platinum Chrome (1)
Jade East (Vintage) Aftershave

First proper go with this new to me Muhle R89 Liscio, which is as I understand a discontinued model which I was lucky to pick up on eBay. I've come to the recognition that what I like so much about the Souplex handle that I use often is ... the taper. This Liscio model features a tapered handle and while it is longer than I normally prefer ... I do like it!

Fun shave, that!

Back
Top Bottom