SOTD: Saturday 17 - Friday 23 August 2024.

Razor - Rockwell 6S R3
Blade - Blue Sword Platinum
Brush - Simpson Captain
Lather - Extro Legno di Sandalo

First try with the Blue Sword blade. I think this could be the start of a beautiful relationship… me and Lord blades. Two passes and close to perfection.
Also first try with this Extro soap. It’s a bit more croapy than my other sample soaps, but none the worse for it. I was really taken by the little Italian chap on the label… but he wasn’t quite as engaging as the little Italian chap on a pint glass of Birra Moretti…

IMG_0251.jpeg

Thursday 22nd August

AP1GczNrVwVNu6M0lrR4fUnBTNf3BMhCtDm5A7hsxszRdOEzrdRtGPRHHILLzn8c6pbmBcGAmXNplUSMNT5fFPWI4VaR21yeU5bxnFGvLRJhcCLPa8j0Ja2EjI0jvAXiZ5yoTEeRG_0eoHKvTt3BXiBpnVO-9g=w800

Trumpers Limes (Vintage) Shaving Bowl & DSC Neon w/Omega 10108 Pure Bristle
Edwin Jagger DES89 & RACER Super Class Platinum (4)
Ach Brito Agua de Colonia Antiga (as Aftershave)

... same again.

SOTD Thur 22 Aug 2024

Thursdays shave has far to go, shave
4F782A5A-0F51-4239-8F6D-F966BF7DADE9.jpeg
DSCosmetic green bowl
Simpsons Luxury Shaving Cream
Anbbas Amber 24mm brush
Muhle R89 Twist razor
Astra SP blade
Homemade splash (witch hazel and essential oils)
Forest Fresh ASL
Nivea Sensitive PSB
‘Rennie’ the bloody rubber duck

Great effort this, can’t believe how good this Astra blade is performing at the moment with the ever reliable Muhle. Just goes to show, I had just about given up on them - glad I didn’t, now! Simpsons is a lovely lathering cream as well with excellent protection and cushioning. I now have a nice feeling and smelling face ready for the next storm, hurricane, tempest, plague of frogs or whatever is heading our way this time!

SOTD Friday 23 August
  • Razor Gillette Adjustable FatBoy (5) G1
  • Blade Gillette Minora Stainless (7)
  • Pre-Shave Tricare Goats Milk
  • Brush Synthetic
  • Cream Jack the Barber - Sandalwood
  • Post Shave Nivea – Sensitive Pro - Moisturizer
  • Aftershave Brut Splash
  • Balm Nivea – Sensitive Pro - Post Shave Balm

The Morning Shave.
The Gillette Minora blade was in my 1961 Gillette Adjustable FatBoy today.

This is #7 on this blade, full head & face shaves. Still very comfortable shave.
I don’t have a full repertoire of shaving paraphernalia, so changing the background image to make my SOTD photos look a little different.

Can anyone identify the watch?
57.jpg

Fri 23rd August

Aleppo soap- Shave pre wash
Omega 11126 boar
Williams Mug soap
Schick Super 11 cart
Schick Super 11 Ultrex ( 1 )
Williams Aqua Velva A/S Lotion

Not used this soap in a while, had to work quite hard to get a dense lather which has a tendency to dissipate quite quickly. The fresh twin blade cartridge is an absolute dream to use, and delivered a super close finish.

IMG_1154.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom