SOTD: Saturday 17 - Friday 23 August 2024.

SOTD Monday 18 August
  • Razor Gillette British Rocket FlareTip
  • Blade Feather – HI-Stainless
  • Pre-Shave Tricare Goats Milk
  • Brush Omega Pro 48 Boar
  • Cream Palmolive – Coconut extract
  • Post Shave Thayers Witch Hazel Toner
  • Aftershave Brut Splash
  • Balm Nivea – Sensitive Post Shave Balm

The Morning Shave.
The Feather blade was in my 1950’s Gillette British Rocket FlareTip today.

Cold & wet in Perth yesterday so I missed my daily shave. An opportunity for the Feather blade this morning.
I find the Feather too sharp for a daily blade and always have a few weepers.
However, if I have 48 hrs growth the Feather blade really is hard to beat, it glides effortlessly to remove the bristles. A really enjoyable shave, refreshingly close.

The Omega Boar is my favourite brush, once broken in these are incredible, I do let is completely dry between uses.

Thanks mate i’ll certainly give it a go.
Where can i get it ?

Shower
Pears Transparent soap
Extro Arancia Italiana cream croap - finally found one that's better than 3P but at a price
Zenith 27mm Boar bristle, olive wood handle brush. Warming to the Zenith but I actually still prefer my cheapo Omega 10066
Yaqi Mercury head with unbranded 316 stainless steel handle
Dorco Titan DE blade
Shave Factory after shave cologne 05 Mediterranean
DLC-Yaqi plastic brush and DE razor stand which I use for travel. Recommended for the Yaqi Sagrada Familia brush.

19/08/24
Pre - Sainsbury's Luxury Soap Fig and Jasmine
Brush - Simpson Wee Scot Best Badger
Soap - Martin De Candre Rose
Razor - PILS 101 NL Hi Polished "Thor's Hammer"
Blade - 7 o' Clock Yellow
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Tonyschin's Lime E45 / Argan oil Balm
A/S - Mäurer & Wirtz 4711 Rose

A very nice shave today with the Polished PILS, The lather took some building on the chin with the Tiny "Wee Scot", i loaded the little brush for about 15 - 20 seconds then tip dipped and built up the lather on the chin, the little brush struggled to hold the amount of lather it produced, although i did just about manage a full 3 pass shave with some buffing on the more stubborn areas. I finished with a very comfortable BBS finish.
The SharpEdge blade worked really well, however, I do find that either a shim or using a KAI blade works much better giving the super-smooth PILS a bit more edge.
Enjoy your day all.

19 August

Wickham 1912 Club Cola
Simpson Chubby 2
Tatara Masamune Nodachi
Treet Platinum
Proraso Sensitive balm

I failed to load enough soap this morning.
Whoops!
Fortunately, no problem. The Simpson somehow took up the slack and I had enough workable lather for two passes. A little bit over hydrated but otherwise good. Perhaps it was fortunate that I had chosen a Treet blade today rather than the more usual Feather. The Nodachi seems to take any blade I have without threatening trouble. Bad start, good finish. Lucky me.