SOTD: Saturday 17 - Friday 23 August 2024.

SOTD 20240819
Prep: Razorock pre barba
Bowl: Thirsty Badger
Brush: BSB-1 TI
Soap: Aguzzeria del Cavallo Bologna, Tabacco verde
Razor: Paradigm Diamondback TI
Blade: London Bridge
AS: Razorock Santa Maria del Fiore

SOTD_20240819.jpg

Best Regards
Marco

SOTD Mon 19 Aug 2024

Monday, Monday, can’t trust that day, shave
51147EB9-E0E5-4BD8-B5F2-4D54BC6C805D.jpeg
DSCosmetic green bowl
The Body Shop Maca Root and Aloe cream
DSCosmetic 26mm T4 brush
Muhle R89 Twist razor
Astra SP blade
Homemade splash (witch hazel and essential oils)
Forest Fresh ASL
Nivea Sensitive PSB
‘Rennie” the rubber duck (he’s there again!)

Somewhat inconsistent day, weather wise, but not shave wise. Lovely 2 pass effort with no problems. First time I’ve used an Astra SP this year. Didn’t get on with them when I started this wet shaving malarkey but this time it was excellent, with a close and smooth result, the usual lotions and potions leaving me feeling/smelling great!

By the by, I was on the Muhle website earlier (checking out the new ‘Neo’ range, which seem ok) and noticed that the ‘Twist’ versions of both the R89 and R41 no longer appear. Wonder if they are being updated or have gone the journey (no call for ‘em guv!)

Last edited:

SOTD: 20th August 2024.

11.jpg

Shaving Recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Bulldog Peppermint & Eucalyptus Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face & head.
Cien PURE Fragrance Free Sensitive Bar Soap.
Brush: Lider Turkish Boar.
Face & Head Lather.
Lather: Arko Shave Stick.
Blade: Treet Platinum. (D1)
Razor: 1950's Gillette Ball End Tech. (US)

Cold Water Face & Head Rinse./Cold water face & Head wash with brush squeezing's,/Alum Rub./Cold Water Rinse./Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils, 5 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With Care+Witch Hazel./Arko Cool A/S Cologne + ASB.

Greetings,

(Face & Head Shave.)

A relaxing Turkish themed combined early morning face & head shave.

The Lider Turkish boar brush is a great brush which I soak in tepid water for 5 minutes, after a quick squeeze to release the excessive water it builds up a wonderful lather on both my face & head adding water to the tips of the brush until I got the consistency of which i like.

Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Arko Cool ASB.

My face & precious swede are feeling smooth & smelling divine.;)

Keep safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

SOTD: 20th August 2024.

View attachment 124145

Shaving Recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Bulldog Peppermint & Eucalyptus Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face & head.
Cien PURE Fragrance Free Sensitive Bar Soap.
Brush: Lider Turkish Boar.
Face & Head Lather.
Lather: Arko Shave Stick.
Blade: Treet Platinum. (D1)
Razor: 1950's Gillette Ball End Tech. (US)

Cold Water Face & Head Rinse./Cold water face & Head wash with brush squeezing's,/Alum Rub./Cold Water Rinse./Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils, 5 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With Care+Witch Hazel./Arko Cool A/S Cologne + ASB.

Greetings,

(Face & Head Shave.)

A relaxing Turkish themed combined early morning face & head shave.

The Lider Turkish boar brush is a great brush which I soak in tepid water for 5 minutes, after a quick squeeze to release the excessive water it builds up a wonderful lather on both my face & head adding water to the tips of the brush until I got the consistency of which i like.

Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Arko Cool ASB.

My face & precious swede are feeling smooth & smelling divine.;)

Keep safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen.:cool:
A bit of Arko love A.

Razor; Rex Ambassador (2+2+1)
Blade: Feather (3rd use)
Soap: Mitchell's wool fat, directly on the face and lathered up "in situ"
Brush: Semogue Hereditas (boar)
Aftershave: Extrocosmesi "Conte di Puglia"

Fantastic shave... I think I nailed down a very good combination of razor setting + blade. I feel sorry for those on Mach 3 and a can :p

Tuesday 20 August

The Occam’s razor design team don’t do things by half, first there was the Oren with its quirky blade loading procedure and then the Enoch with the 2 piece head connected by a dovetail joint. Let’s not keep it simple folks! Which is somewhat counter to the philosophical Occam’s Razor which says that if you have two competing ideas to explain the same thing you should prefer the simpler one.
So the shave, thanks for asking, it was fine, bbs in two passes and still using the Pro Guard x7. The Blas de Lezo is one of the 3 Jaserro artisanal soaps that I have and they are all excellent.

Have a great day fellas!

IMG_0763.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom