SOTD: Saturday 17 - Friday 23 August 2024.

So here I am. Three shaves in to a new week and guess it must be that time to say, as my first entry for this new week of SOTD's I am very honoured to present you with three shaves themed, 'Cling film and other things to cover yourself in'

And yes, as I said earlier, I am totally crap

Saturday

20240817_191353.jpg

Smooth as butter - Stainless Mongoose
Sharp as lard - Feather Super Professional
Brush with vegetable oil - Highlander LFC
Soap my bits - Kent
Strawberries and cream - Simple moisturiser
Baked beans - Versace The Dreamer

'Oh my God, cover yourself up'
'Would that be in aluminum foil or yoghurt?'

A second time out with the Kent just to make sure it was all that after being told I might have just bought an expensive bowl. Fortunately it appears I chose wisely and do indeed have a very nice bowl. I may also have nice bowels but the last time I saw them was when I had an endoscopic camera up my rear. I don't I'll ever forget that one. Not the camera up my back passage but the world's largest guff which followed.

I am also fortunate that the very nice bowl also contained some very nice soap. First class. Stick the Mongoose in to it and voila, one effing super shave.

The Versace is proving itself one awesome £23 scent

Missed some Japanese ladies? I know you have so let's have some more from Hagane and that super tub thumper, Junna

And what is it about this Junna person? My son is a pro tub thumper (drummer) and it was him who said to me, 'For a kid she is incredibly powerful and definitely over enthusiastic'

Sunday

20240818_175944.jpg

Drawing pins - Stainless Mongoose
Sellotape - Feather Super Professional
Bin bags - Highlander LE 2023
Contents of bin bags - Signature Londinium
Baby oil - L'Occitane Cade balm
Fairy liquid - Bath House Cuban Cedar and Lime

'So that's a Super Feather'

'Warning, warning, warning. You have reached your maximum Giphi allowance and any further attempt to enter any more Giphis will result in having your genitals boiled'

I'll have some of that then please

A 'hurry up you bastard' shave as rushed to get out the door to go see Kiefer Sutherland in concert for Mrs Satanfriendly's birthday treat. An excellent evening as I spent most of it half pissed. I must say though he is one pretty damn fine singer.

Expectations required, expectations met.

Anyone require some Beaver? Have some of these then...

Monday

20240819_191427.jpg

Banana milk shake - Ikon B1
Paint - Polsilver Lodz
Ladies - Highlander 30mm Cashmere
Jelly and ice cream - Yorkshire Lad
Engine oil - Pure moisturiser
Cling film - Alvarez Gomez Barberia EDC

I am all out of love and all out of Giphis

My wife recently bought a cling film dispenser wonderfully called the 'Wrapmaster 1000' which makes it sound like something out of a Harry Potter film. As a consequence I have been very busy covering as much as I can in cling film. What a piece of brilliance.

Only the other evening I walked nonchalantly naked in to the bedroom with my privates covered in cling film

'If you think I am going to have sex with you wearing a condom made from kitchen wrap then you have another think coming'

'Who mentioned sex?'

A new purchase in the shaving cream as I visited the Yorkshire Soap Co in Beverley the other day and didn't know they had started making shaving creams and I thought 'why not?'. Lemon, bergamot and oud, sounds (and smells) good to me. I rarely use creams these days but I do have to admit it was a nice change and those lather qualities were there in abundance.

So happy, I lathered my whole person then completely covered myself in cling film. Courtesy of the Wrapmaster 1000. Presently sat in the pub with people looking at me as if I am a bit odd or something. Strange folk. If only they'd visited Lakeland they would understand.

A superb shave and a 8/10 grin value. Happy

Four Japanese ladies who have an understanding of cling film....

And I love you all

I have shaved again since I started putting this tripe together but you can have that another day. Say, a week next Sunday?

Tueday 20th August

AP1GczNrVwVNu6M0lrR4fUnBTNf3BMhCtDm5A7hsxszRdOEzrdRtGPRHHILLzn8c6pbmBcGAmXNplUSMNT5fFPWI4VaR21yeU5bxnFGvLRJhcCLPa8j0Ja2EjI0jvAXiZ5yoTEeRG_0eoHKvTt3BXiBpnVO-9g=w800

Trumpers Limes (Vintage) Shaving Bowl & DSC Neon w/Omega 10108 Pure Bristle
Edwin Jagger DES89 & RACER Super Class Platinum (2)
Ach Brito Agua de Colonia Antiga (as Aftershave)

... same again.

SOTD Wednesday 21 August
  • Razor Gillette British Rocket FlareTip
  • Blade Gillette Minora Stainless (5)
  • Pre-Shave Tricare Goats Milk
  • Brush Synthetic
  • Cream Palmolive – Coconut extract
  • Post Shave Thayers Witch Hazel Toner
  • Aftershave Brut Splash
  • Balm Nivea – Sensitive Post Shave Balm

The Morning Shave.
The Gillette Minora blade was in my 1950’s Gillette British Rocket FlareTip today.

I am using up an old blade. I find I get a lot of very good shaves from Gillette Blades.
This is #5 on this blade, full head & face shaves. The Minora is quiet mild, very comfortable shave.
My only negative with Minora- I remove and clean my blades with a microfibre cloth after each shave. The print on the blade comes after & the inner wrapper is plain. I keep the blade with the main tuk to remind me which blade it is.

The Gillette British Rocket FlareTip is a classic razor, pure quality. This razor is older than myself, and I am getting old..

53.jpg

Last night's SOTN (Head & Face)

Face - Yates 921 (H), Amazon unbranded blade
Head - Aylsworth AL6063, Astra SP
NO Neon Sun - soap & splash
Alpha Outlaw brush - AP Titanium synthetic knot
Thayer's Rose
Nivea Pro Sensitive Ultra Calming Balm

It's been too long since I've used this set, possibly my favourite scent from NO it didn't fail to deliver on all fronts as expected. First use also of the much talked about unbranded Amazon blades, not bad at all.

1000012777.jpg

99ce7367-d08d-4653-a181-41d0c7de1356.jpg

Razor: Occam's Original
Blade: Kai Captain Protouch MG
Brush: Chisel and Hound Lovely Thunder
Soap: Stirling Soap Island Man
Fragrance: Geo. F. Trumper Astor

I was looking forward to using this razor, but unfortunately, this shave wasn’t as enjoyable as I had hoped. While the shave itself was incredibly smooth, I didn’t like the handle at all. It felt awkward and just didn’t sit comfortably in my hand.

I’ll give it another try in a few days, but as of now, I can see myself passing this razor on.

On a positive note, Island Man is a beautiful scent!

21 August

Signature Soaps Danum
Simpson M7
Tatara Masamune Nodachi
Treet Platinum
Proraso Sensitive balm

9B78758C-C683-46FF-B005-202A6035574A.jpeg
A first class two pass shave, once I’d got the Simpson properly loaded, which took more effort than expected. I’m too used to the easy, light loading of synthetic brushes and I have obviously lost my touch a badger brush. Mind you I never managed to get in touch with bristle brushes, so it’s obviously me.

21/08/24
Vintage Wednesday
Pre - Sainsbury's Luxury Soap Fig and Jasmine
Brush - Semogue SOC TAJ Boar
Soap - Maca Root / Palmolive stick Superlather
Razor - Rolls Razor - Chrome - Boxed
Blade - F-52
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Floïd Original
A/S - Floïd SE Mentolado Vigaroso
Wk 34 (5).jpgWk 34 (5a).jpg
Up today my 4th rolls razor set with a freshly honed blade, sadly this set has a cracked hone which has been glued, although i do need to try to level it on the 400 grit steel plate.
Anyway, to the shave, the boar brush and Superlather built up a lovely lather on the chin with the brush holding plenty of the good stuff to shave a grizzly bear.
Initially, the blade felt ok during the WTG pass although i was expecting it to be smoother, the blade did not struggle but i could feel the blade cutting. This seemed to improve on the ATG pass so it may be down to poor prep. I also completed a full XTG pass to finish off.
A quick alum rub gave no indication at all and i had a nigh-on BBS finish leaving me very happy with the result.
Finishing with a dollop of Floïd Original and a good splash of Vigaroso, again no indication at all.
A very happy shaver this morning.
Enjoy your day all.

IMG_20240821_111653.jpg

A decent shave using a mix of old, new and reproduction items.
Complimented by another reproduction, this Gillette Blades mug

Rating: 4 / 5

Razor: Fasan Slant
Blade: Permasharp Uddeholm AEB-L (1959-1961)
Brush: Men Rock Unknown. Probably synthetic
Lather: "Mennen Armed Forces issue" (Proraso shave cream)
Aftershave: Brut Original
IMG_20240821_113803.jpg

KronosLDN. Reasonably comfortable shave, not BBS but close to it. As a DE system aimed at movers from multi-blade cartridge systems it's not complete. I note that the shaving cream is a refill and that is not stated in the decription and no option of a bowl or tin and no brush is available. I'll be posting a review at this weekend. Excellent products for beginner wet shavers though,

Shower
Pre: None
Soap: Kronos Shaving Cream, croap, sandalwood and pine scent. The stated weight is 85g but I got 103g. Think Haslinger. My shaving bowl is actually a round travel soap dish I bought on the local market for 60p.
Brush: Omega boar 10066
Razor: Kronos DE with bamboo handle
Blade: Kronos DE, four shaves with this blade so far and still going
AS: Shave Factory after shave cologne 05 Mediterranean

Kronos-Dayshave.jpg

Back
Top Bottom