SOTD: Saturday 2 March - Friday 8 March 2024.

I think I'm getting the hang of this particular razor at last, it is quite finicky with the angle.

Cap-first, lower the handle 'til it catches. That's the angle. The guard is there only as a safety feature and if you're getting striations in your lather, the angle is too steep. Muscle memory will catch-on and it'll be plain sailing from there ...

20240304_194722~2.jpg

My Shave today consisted of...

Brush Highlander synthetic.
Soap Geo F Trumpers GFT.
Razor Stainless steel Mongoose.
Blade Kai Captain titan mild.
Aftershave Old Spice dupe.

I finally got around to buying the titan blade to try in my Mongoose after the very knowledgeable @Satanfriendly recommended them as a perfect marriage.
Jimmy Fallon Ok GIF

So far I have had a favorable impression but it's the first Shave and time will tell.
I will say it immediately felt a smoother Shave and not as rough as the Feather.
Thats Good Finding Nemo GIF

So that's it for the first outing but fear not, I'll be back.
Trans Day Of Visibility GIF by Plume

Tue 5
Soap & Aftershave Ariana & Evans Kaizen
Brush Yaqi 24mm Ruby Tuxedo
Razor Red Imp 132
Beautiful lather & scent from the soap & matching splash!
Missed my straights very much and today's shave with this excellent razor felt so good and satisfying. The edge was buttery smooth and crisp after stroping on the roo leather...
20240305_070215.jpg

SOTD: 5th March 2024.

11.jpg

Shaving Recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Bulldog Vetiver & Black Pepper Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face & head.
Cien PURE Fragrance Free Sensitive Bar Soap.
Brush: Fine 24mm Synthetic.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl: Tesco's Ceramic 'Cosmo' Side Bowl.
Lather: Nivea Men Originals shave cream.
Blade: Treet Dura Sharp (Carbon) blue pack. (D1)
Razor: Pearl SBF-11. (Face)
Razor: Gilette Guard. (Head) - (D2)

Cold water Face & Head wash with brush squeezing's,/ Cold Water Face & Head Rinse./ Alum Rub./Cold Water Face & Head Rinse./Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With Care+Witch Hazel/Gillette Blue ASL./Nivea Men Fresh Moisturising Gel.

Greetings,

(Face & Head shave)

Early morning shave,

The Nivea Men Originals shave cream never fails to provide me with a super protective slick lather leaving a good post shave feel. Superb stuff!

Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Cien Men Sensitive ASB.

My face & precious swede are feeling smooth & smelling divine.;)

Keep safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

5 March

Pannacrema Nuàvia Blu
Blackland Signature
Blackland Vector
Schick Proline
Men’s Grooming Vetiver and Sandalwood balm

AF30934B-5219-4365-A690-CC8C17D8C6CF.jpeg
A superb shave this morning two smooth passes and a good close finish. The Men’s Grooming Vetiver and Sandalwood balm by Scottish Fine Soaps is unusual in that it has a bit of an astringent after presence. I can’t say I’m keen, but otherwise it’s pleasant and light.

SMN V2 Cream
Wild West Brushworks 24mm Cashmere
Gibbs 15 adjustable
Personna Lab Blue#1
SMN Dopo Cream
SMN aftershave & EdT

Went the full hog on the Santa Maria Novella products and very nice they are too! Smooth face and smell great, now sat on the patio having a coffee in the warm spring sunshine looking at the lilac locus in flower and the daffodils ready to flower.

Well chaps, chapesses and dogs apparently, I have finally awoken to a new week of SOTD's and decided to put finger to phone and throw something together in some kind of manner. If only to provide evidence I remain a member of the shaven brethren.

To be honest, life has been overwhelming and I struggle through in many ways. Perhaps quite a bit of my issues have been self imposed which is probably an issue within itself.

Anyway, here they are. Two shaves from Saturday and Sunday as I gave it all a miss last night through to being an idle bastard.

I guess they need a theme and so it shall be, 'Thematically challenged'

Saturday

20240302_200946.jpg

Mr Theme, I challenge you - Feather AS-D2
Fight fight fight! - Polsilver Lodz
Bring it on - Wee Whiskey Barrel
The South challenges Yorkshire - Kent soap
Make me beautiful challenge - Pure moisturiser (and failed)
I challenge you to a smell fight - Hermes terre d'hermes

'Aye lad, cum ere ya Suthan bastad. Yas nicked mi fuckin soap ya twat'

Kent. A Yorkshire soap nicked by someone down south and added something which made it better to me. Don't ask me why but I can't lather MWF to save my life. Shove it in a wooden box, call it Kent and cor blimey, lather heaven.

The ASD2. A razor which serves to confuse me. Appears to do naff all in the way of shaving, then throws up a very fine finish out of nowhere. Clever people these Japanese.

And their ladies also happen to be very fine as well....and some rather bizarre

Sunday

20240303_190504.jpg

A fighting chance - Tatara Nodachi
I theme that blade - Wizzamet Super Iridium
Brush away life's challenges - PAA Peregrino
A soapy theme - Proraso soap
Moisten my buttocks (and face) - Collegen
The smell challenge - Floris No.89

'Pacifist fighting. Where the aim is to miss your opponent in the most spectacular fashion'

Shaving. Where the aim is to remove as much facial fluff as possible in the most spectacular fashion. And then look in the mirror and say, 'What an ugly bastard I am but shit, do I smell good'. And I did

Japanese girly bands. To scream a lot in the name of entertainment. A sure fire winner. Especially if you are called 'Otoboke Beaver'

Boss

I love you all

Tuesday 5 March
Monday and Tuesday SOTDs gave me a chance to compare the Nodachi and Masamune heads, using the same blade. I also compared badger against synthetic. Both did the job well although synthetic is more gentle on the skin when applying a lather “with vigour“, as you do.
Result was the open comb was a tad more aggressive than the sb version, but both delivered superb bbs shaves, after a main pass followed by atg and then some pick ups.
Have a good day fellas!

IMG_0514.jpeg

IMG_5171.jpeg

Razor: Aylsworth Apex
Blade: GSB (1)
Brush: Aylsworth Altare G5C
Soap: Noble Otter Ace
Splash: Noble Otter Ace

Really enjoying this razor - medium aggressive and efficient. Noble Otter is top drawer but I wouldn’t have picked up this set without a sample from a fellow shaver. I don’t normally like darker scents but this is a beautifully balanced scent.

Wishing great shaves to all!

Last edited:
Well chaps, chapesses and dogs apparently, I have finally awoken to a new week of SOTD's and decided to put finger to phone and throw something together in some kind of manner. If only to provide evidence I remain a member of the shaven brethren.

To be honest, life has been overwhelming and I struggle through in many ways. Perhaps quite a bit of my issues have been self imposed which is probably an issue within itself.

Anyway, here they are. Two shaves from Saturday and Sunday as I gave it all a miss last night through to being an idle bastard.

I guess they need a theme and so it shall be, 'Thematically challenged'

Saturday

View attachment 117818

Mr Theme, I challenge you - Feather AS-D2
Fight fight fight! - Polsilver Lodz
Bring it on - Wee Whiskey Barrel
The South challenges Yorkshire - Kent soap
Make me beautiful challenge - Pure moisturiser (and failed)
I challenge you to a smell fight - Hermes terre d'hermes

'Aye lad, cum ere ya Suthan bastad. Yas nicked mi fuckin soap ya twat'

Kent. A Yorkshire soap nicked by someone down south and added something which made it better to me. Don't ask me why but I can't lather MWF to save my life. Shove it in a wooden box, call it Kent and cor blimey, lather heaven.

The ASD2. A razor which serves to confuse me. Appears to do naff all in the way of shaving, then throws up a very fine finish out of nowhere. Clever people these Japanese.

And their ladies also happen to be very fine as well....and some rather bizarre

Sunday

View attachment 117820

A fighting chance - Tatara Nodachi
I theme that blade - Wizzamet Super Iridium
Brush away life's challenges - PAA Peregrino
A soapy theme - Proraso soap
Moisten my buttocks (and face) - Collegen
The smell challenge - Floris No.89

'Pacifist fighting. Where the aim is to miss your opponent in the most spectacular fashion'

Shaving. Where the aim is to remove as much facial fluff as possible in the most spectacular fashion. And then look in the mirror and say, 'What an ugly bastard I am but shit, do I smell good'. And I did

Japanese girly bands. To scream a lot in the name of entertainment. A sure fire winner. Especially if you are called 'Otoboke Beaver'

Boss

I love you all
Who doesn’t like a bit of Fatty Arbuckle and Keystone Cops, not to mention the Japanese ladies.

Back
Top Bottom