SOTD: Saturday 20 January - Friday 26 January 2024.

Monday 22nd January

ABLVV84cFx5QK4PuMAjQjh3ue7GWE0huw96QKI4IbFzgnbpRmd-f_Hyre_w5eO58EQLcrnEifgaryBgOq-mU06un0amVrQiSRCaHHp125ADwE2i02Fm-O_h1rpMOeBflXi4QDDbs1Zb1fmC1pDiqflT5cCdDlg=w800

Captain Fawcett Scapicchio & Omega 11137 Pure Bristle
Muhle Rocca Birch & Personna Platinum Chrome (1)
Pinaud Clubman Virgin Island Bay Rum

First proper go with Seaman Sink's Scapicchio (no, I just can't bring myself to write something as proposterous as Captain Fawcett a second time < copied and pasted! Haha!) and very happy to say it performed just as expected @Satanfriendly ... I kinda knew what I was in for given how close it is to the latest formula T&H which I like very much.

I think folks expecting a run of the mill Bay Rum would be disappointed, given that this is probably more faithful than most renditions which are way more clove than bay, generally. It's restrained, as a scent, and quite befitting of a British triple-milled soap. Yeah, I like it!

SOTD Mon 22 Jan 2024

Bit windy again tonight, shave!AA3D45B6-8D18-4196-8EAA-8014AE8294DB.jpeg
Prep - shower, Imperial Leather face wash
Bowl - glass
Cream - Palmolive Classic (finished it at last, although it transpired that only a cashew nut sized dollop remained, so I added half a scoop of Body Shop Maca Root and Aloe)
Brush - DS Cosmetic T4 synthetic
Razor - Wilkinson Sword TTO (with the cold and damp this weekend my hands are not performing too well so figured a one piece razor might be sensible)
Blade - Shark SS (2)
Post - lather remains face wash, cold rinse, alum block
Splash - Sierran Breeze ASL
Balm - Nivea Replenishing ASB
Fragrance - Milano Nuit EDT

Refreshment - cup of tea (Farrer’s Afternoon Blend)

Blending the Palmolive with the Maca Root worked really well and made for a really nice shave and left the old visage smooth and nice feeling and smelling! A bit of sting while using the alum but I put that down to a combination of me and the Wilko pressing too hard.

895AA721-A62C-4693-8CFE-BD7DAE8104BB.jpeg
I’m sure I can smell sausages.
Yes I’m making sausage and eggs for tea.
Oh goody, I just love a sausage!
No, this is human tea, you have had yours, dog food, remember?
Oh does that mean I won’t even get a small, tiny morsel of sausage?
Well, seeing as you have been so good over the weekend, maybe some will find it’s way into your bowl.
Oh, thank you wonderful human!
Don’t overdo it!

Funnily enough I tried this head again (both sides, the open and closed combs) and had the same opinion.
It was worth getting it for the handle though.

I used to have a bottle of Myrsol Blue and really liked it. Difficult to find now though. Reminds me of Floid Blue
I’m actually thinking of having a weekend in Barcelona just to replenish the supplies lol
Well the wife doesn’t know that’s the reason

And another nice pair this evening
The things Mrs Satanfriendly has to do to help out with my SOTD's. It was very kind of her to loan me her stockings on this occasion. Whatever next?

So these shaves arrive on you screens pixilated in such manner that you can actually read them and themed, 'When two tribes go to shave'. So themed after that lesser known 80's band Frankie goes to Huyton. 'Frankie says, catch the No.56 bus'

Sunday

20240121_194901.jpg

Rappahannock razor - Stainless Mongoose
The blade of Bad River - Schick Proline
Buena Vista brush - AP Shaving brass 30mm Cashmere
Sioux soap - Savonniere du Moulin
Moisturising Mohicans - Simple moisturiser
Puyallup perfume - Abbate Y Mantia Krokos splash

'Honestly love, you can wear any of my clothes'
'Thank you'

I keep meaning to PIF this particular brush as it just doesn't get the face time it deserves. And then once in a blue moon out the cupboard it comes and what I 'keep meaning to do' goes to the back of the list. A real face masher and a real face smasher if you get it wrong. A real lather monster. Brilliant, and just the brush to beat my Donkey with.

The Mongoose? What is there to say what I haven't said before. A God.

A piece of wonderful shavingmanship from team 'shift my bristles' last night.

Some Japanese ladies? Of course...well at least one of them is

Monday

20240122_132803.jpg

Tribal razor - Ikon B1
A clan of blades - Polsilver Lodz
Band of brushes - Hive-2
Soapy Sorority - Floris Elite
A Balmy bunch - Collegen
Scented syndicate - Floris Elite

4186-111769072.jpg

'So that is what a solidity is'

As close as one could get in the most wonderful manner. And I smell even better than I feel.

Off to bed then. Shave wasted. Zzzzzzzz

But not before you've had your final dose of some ladies from the land of the rising sun. Not being Bridlington...

Razor = Edward Jacob :sick:
Blade = Gillette Nacet ( 2 )
Brush = Zenith 24mm Barberpole Boar
Soap = Signature Capra Derventio
Splash = Myrsol Blue
Balm = Baxter Of California.

View attachment 116000Another shave Another Hit & Miss.
As i bought this razor a few months ago i decided to give it a go even after the not so nice feedback.
we were all told the handle was ok but the head was shite to coin a phrase lol.
Anyway i’m a self harmer so thought let’s give it a go.
I went with the wonderful Goats Milk base from Signature another wonderful soap,
and it was the saving grace from what could have been a dreadful shave if i allowed it.
i use the razor with delicate ease.
Hardly touching it at all,
i couldn’t be any lighter if i tried.
I won’t be using this head again however the shave actually wasn’t that bad,
i did enjoy it probably because of the soap but still with the lightest of strokes the shave turned out ok.
The soap as i say is tremendous and paired paired with the Myrsol & Baxter’s it was a lovely warming feel.
Just the right amount of Peppermint in the soap & just the right amount of menthol in the balm made it.
Until tomorrow lads stay safe from these dreadful storms
Thank you. Best Regards Brian

SOTD: 23rd January 2024.

g.jpg

Shaving Recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Imperial Leather Lavender & Wild Iris Body Wash.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face & head.
Cien PURE Fragrance Free Sensitive Bar Soap.
Brush: Anbbas 24mm Synthetic.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl: Tesco's Ceramic 'Cosmo' Side Bowl.
Lather: Eco Warrior Bergamot & lime Shaving Bar. (Old Recipe)
Razor: Parker 55SL Semi-Slant. (Face) - Statum Platinum Chrome. (D1)
Razor: Parker InjRzr. (Head/Dome) (Setting 4) - Personna Injector PTFE. (D4)

Cold water Face & Head wash with brush squeezing's,/ Cold Water Face & Head Rinse./ Alum Rub./Cold Water Face & Head Rinse./Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With Care+Witch Hazel/Yelken Turkish Lemon Eau De Cologne./Cien Men Sensitive ASB.

Greetings

Early morning face & head shave.

First time bowl lathering the The Eco Warrior soap bar which provided a wonderful slick protective lather in a short space of time I normally rub the bar directly into my stubble like a shave stick, then build up a lather with a damp, not wet brush adding water to the tips of the brush to get the lather to the consistency that I prefer. The shaving bar creates a more creamier lather using a synthetic brush, than it does using a boar brush.

Another comfortable face & head shave with no errors to report.

Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Cien Men Sensitive ASB.

My face is feeling cool smooth, & smelling divine. ;)

Keep safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Tuesday 23 January
Just got hold of a LEAF Thorn after reading @LeeMaz recent glowing report. I have had a Twig for a while but but it is too mild for me so gets little use and it will be moved on. It would make a great head or body shaver though I guess.
The Thorn impressed me as a very fine razor indeed. Not too aggressive but still needs a light touch for best results and it can bite if care isn’t taken. However, it easily delivered a close to bbs finish in one pass. A little bit of pick up and job done. Definitely a keeper Lee!

Have an enjoyable day fellas!

IMG_0471.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom