SOTD: Saturday 20 July - Friday 26 July 2024.

SOTD Wed 24 Jul 2024

Oohh, Betty, shave9EB444B5-2553-40C3-8E9C-851435ECB946.jpeg
The Body Shop Maca Root and Aloe cream
Yaqi Cola synthetic brush
Muhle R89 Twist razor
Wizamet Super Iridium blade
Homemade splash (witch hazel and essential oils)
Forest Fresh ASL
Nivea Replenishing PSB

Brilliant shave, smooth, comfortable, great lather, superb razor and blade and good lotions and potions. All told, a very enjoyable and effective performance leaving my face feeling and smelling great!

Nice day today, so as we had nothing pressing to do, we took a drive down south to Northallerton, had lunch at Bettys, did a bit of shopping, had a mooch around the market then had a leisurely drive back home. To find it had rained, and we had left washing on the line! Some days can be a bit up and down!

SOTD: 25th July 2024.

thurs.jpg

Shaving Recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Cien Moisture Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Cien PURE Fragrance Free Sensitive Bar Soap.
Brush: Omega 10077.
Face Lather.
Lather: Erasmic Shaving Soap Bowl.
Blade: Feather Hi Stainless. (D2)
Razor: 1970's Gillette Aluminium Handle Tech S4. (ENG)

Cold Water Face Rinse./Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, /Alum Rub./Cold Water Rinse./Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.5 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With Care+Witch Hazel./ Brut Oceans ASL./Bulldog Original Moisturiser.

Greetings,

Early morning shave,

My focus this month with my Gillette & Wilkinson Sword razors has been a joy. The 1970's Gillette Aluminium Handle Tech S4 / Feather Hi Stainless blade is the best I've tried to date. A close comfortable shave to finish my shaving week off superbly.

Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Bulldog Original Moisturiser.

My face is feeling cool smooth & smelling divine.;)

Keep safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

SOTD 26-Jul
1000032107.jpg
Brush: C&H 'Bone Lilly' V23
Soap: A&E The Novelist
Razor: Friodur 472

Cracking shave this morning, still deciding on the razor for Austere August but I think I've settled on the 472. Going to refresh both this and the 17 at the weekend just to have one more runout before making my final decision.

Almost killed this tub as well, another couple should see it dead. Not that it matters seeing as I have another couple in the wings. Glad I bought a few of these sets a while back, though the new ultima base is good I much prefer the labels on these (weird thing to prefer but the ultima set is just a little dull) and there is absolutely nothing wrong with K2E.

Hope everyone has a grand day.

Cheers

Marc

Another great shave from the Fly Dear. I'm going through a Chinese blade phase at the moment and other than the brand named blades made in China (like London Bridge) I would say the Fly Dear is the best of the bunch

Rating: 4.5 / 5

Razor: Gillette Aristocrat (US 1940s)
Blade: Fly Dear Super Platinum
Brush: Men Rock Unknown. Probably synthetic
Pre-Shave: Argan oil soap
Lather: (SAMPLE) Zingari Master
Additional Care:
Wickham Parma Violet balm

Thu 27 Camp & Work Shave...
Soap & Aftershave Stirling Boat Drinks
Brush Yaqi 24mm Mojito
Razor Joseph Rodgers 5/8
I decided to camp instead of staying at a hotel while working on the road. It was very enjoyable 1st straight shave while at camp...with limited water etc. hahahaha. Nice enough lather, brush, and splash combination. The razor provided a satisfyingly smooth shave...
20240725_122602.jpg

25/07/24
Pre - Sainsbury's Luxury Soap Fig and Jasmine
Brush - Alpha Outlaw Ti V1
Soap - OSP Sandalwood
Razor - Supply Mirror Polished V2 - 2Dot
Blade - Personna Injector
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Proraso Red
A/S - OSP Sandalwood
Wk 30  (6).jpg
The Supply injector is a crackin' little razor, i remember i struggled with my 1st one and moved it on, i just did not seem to be able to get a decent shave from it, then one day when reading some old Schick injector instructions sheets the reason seemed to click, i had been using it from the safety bar, as with all injectors i needed to use a shallow angle and shave with the head flat to the face, i managed to pick up another and the shaves have been spot on since.
Enjoy your day all.

Thursday 25 July
Today, a new acquisition of a vintage razor. It’s a British made Clemak, Brit Pat. 532/08, Hoe type razor of the era, probably 100 years old. It looked a bit a bit sad when I got it quite cheaply off EBay but its silver plating cleaned up really well. The handle has a removable piece which after turning around and fitting to the handle thread end can be used to hone a blade. The razor now takes a modern GEM blade no problem.
Black Mountain Pizgah soap applied with a vintage badger provided a good layer of lather before the hoe /GEM combo executed a bbs finish in two passes and pick ups.
I love vintage razors, sustainable items to use for more years.
Have a fine day fellas!

IMG_0727.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom