SOTD: Saturday 21 - Friday 27 October 2023.

Monday 23rd October

ADCreHfOU4SEYLuqyajGXAOrUfJFOWkO2jez8syNiF6Zemz4mMi_9i20HWLwFaAYeNviGlnd4NAL26Sz6cl5nhnLf1z9kFG0e8uGM6G82eRqTuf7ItnVdCNWwgVi6lSolaclBK-_hLcQtCXCx-uFpB30rNdIZw=w800

Gillette Classic Shaving Cream & Kent Infinity+ Silvertex
Gillette G2 Plus & Gillette G2 Cartridge (1)
4711 Aftershave

After a (last) week with the G2 Plus cartridge, I'm regressing again to the basic G2 cartridge for this week ... so, sans Lubrastrip. I think the swing date was 1984 when the G2 Plus format was released, but there's no reason to think that this basic G2 cartridge wasn't made after 1984 because in use ... well, it makes no difference.

Both the G2 and the G2 Plus give a great shave. Tonight, really good, so must have followed my beard map near perfectly.

Super! Glad I've got a good stash of both of these types of cartridge - both infinitely better than the Schick Super II I was initially impressed with but ultimately disappointed which was in use prior to these Gillettes.

SOTD: 24th October 2023.

7.jpg

Shaving Recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ Nivea Men Power 24H Fresh Effect Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face & head.
Cien PURE Fragrance Free Sensitive Bar Soap.
Brush: Semogue 830.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl: Tesco's Ceramic 'Cosmo' Side Bowl.
Lather: Scottish Fine Classic Shaving Soap.
Razor: Parker 24C. (Face) - Gillette London Bridge. (D3)
Razor: Gillette Guard. (Head) (D3)

Cold water Face & Head wash with brush squeezing's,/ Cold Water Face & Head Rinse./ Alum Rub./Cold Water Face & Head Rinse./Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel/Nivea Men Replenishing PSB.Denim Original ASL.

Greetings,

(Face & Head shave)

Early morning Shave,

The Gillette London Bridge blade paired together with the Parker 24C wonderfully feeling Smooth sharp, and efficient.

A wonderful performance from the Semogue 830 boar.

My cold-water shaves are starting to feel very brisk now that Autumn has arrived. I actually like this season, love the different colours of the falling leaves.

A close comfortable face & head shave with no errors to report. Finishing the shave off with a generous splash of Denim Original ASL.

My face & precious swede are feeling smooth & smelling divine. ;)

Keep safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen. :cool:

Last edited:
SOTD: 24/10/2023

Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Kai Captain Titan Mild 20, 4th use
Brush: Simpson Trafalgar T3
Bowl: Kikier Ceramic Bowl
Preshave: Proraso Crema Pre Barba con Olio Di Sandalo Cream
Soap: Eufros Rosa-Oud (sample)
Aftershave: Myrsol Don Miguel 1919 Aftershave
Additional Care: Osma Alum
Additional Care: Cold Water

Nice day to you all!

Tue 24 Idiot Shave Day
Soap & Aftershave PAA Cavendish
Brush Yaqi 26mm Orange Black
Razor & Blade AC Razor + Feather Professional
My favorite soap & matching splash. Top quality lather and aromatic cigarish scent.
Was running late so chose this easy-peasy AC Razor, except...the blade was on the blunt side. HAH...meaning at the end of the shave nothing was removed...complete idiot! One of those mornings...at least I enjoyed the lather and splash!
20231024_125355.jpg

Tuesday 24 October
4th use of the Titan protouch MG and it still performs pretty much as new. For the past two days I mobilised my SS ATT 2016, vintage silver travel brush and Saponificio Varesino Felce Aromatica. This soap is one of the best I’ve used, creamy, lathers easily and absolutely no irritation on the skin, not even a mild one. Single main pass wtg, re apply soap and then pick up on missed areas around the chin plus a small amount of atg on the cheeks. Superb result, shaving nirvana? Mustn’t get carried away now but close and happy boy I am.
Have a great day fellas!

IMG_0350.jpeg

24/10/23
Pre - Pears Transparent Original
Brush - Semogue SOC BTS Boar
Soap - Proraso Wood & Spice
Razor - Blutt BR1 - 0.86
Blade - Kai DE Stainless
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Tonyschin's Floïd SE Infused Balm & Argan Oil
A/S - Floïd SE Mentolado Vigaroso
Wk43 (4).jpg
I think i have found a "Super-Blade" in this Kai, it has completed 7 super smooth shaves so far and shows no sign of dropping off, do i carry on with it or swap it out? I am not sure, yet.
Another cracker today.
Enjoy your day all.

Back
Top Bottom