SOTD: Saturday 21 - Friday 27 September 2024.

Sotd 9.25.24
AdobePhotoshopExpress_2024-09-24_22-10-43-0500.jpeg
Razor Yaqi Torqx
Blade Razolution
Brush Arno Chubby ApShaveCo Independent knot
Soap Mitchell’s Wool Fat
Bowl The Goodfellas Smile

So this razor is mild to medium for me today. First pass at 3 was easy shaving with no worries about nicks. Second and clean up were at setting 5 again with no concerns or nicks. I was left with a very smooth shave that impressed with. Great razor and shave going to be a regular in rotation

SOTD: 26th September 2024.

4.jpg

Shaving Recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Bulldog Peppermint & Eucalyptus Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cien PURE Fragrance Free Sensitive Bar Soap.
Brush: Frank Shaving 22mm Synthetic.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl: Tesco's Ceramic 'Cosmo' Side Bowl.
Lather: Nivea Men Sensitive Pro Ultra-Calming Liquid Shaving Cream.
Blade: Treet Platinum. (D2)
Razor: Ming Shi 2000s Futur clone. (Settings) 3-wtg,4-atg,+pick ups.

Cold Water Face Rinse./Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's,/Alum Rub./Cold Water Rinse./Nivea Refreshing Toner./Nivea Men Replenishing PSB.

Greetings,

Early morning shave,

A wonderful shave from the efficient Ming Shi 2000S to finish my shaving week off on a high note.

Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Nivea Men Replenishing PSB.

My face is feeling cool smooth & smelling divine.;)

Keep safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Last night's bit of sink time themed, 'Sensible'

20240925_194001.jpg

A very sensible razor - Timeless bronze
A rather sensible blade - Feather
Brushing sensibly - Cadman 24mm Cash
Makes sense soap - MDC Rose
Sensible Moisturising - Collagen
Scent and sensibility - Guerlain Homme

'Is this the best the man can give? Roll on his next shave as this is so dull'

An absolutely cracking shave and this Timeless continues to astound. A sixth outing from the same Feather blade? and still think it will go at least another shave. Oooo la la. I have rarely ever got beyond 2 or 3 before the edge has gone. Is this razor blessed? Because I'm not

A great day yesterday as 3rd year in a row I have managed to stay clear of being pre-diabetic since receiving a warning shot from my doctor 4 years back. Also second year of maintaining 13st 7lbs. A 25% weight loss since I started on the NHS pre diabetes programme and a completely different story when I look back.

Throw in a good dentist check up, two new pairs of glasses and all in all a good day.

So have the usual ending and some Japanese girlies to brighten up your breakfast reading

26 September

Wickham 1912 Cashmere
Simpson Chubby 2
Rockwell 6S
Feather Hi-Stainless
Proraso Sensitive balm

87E842CD-2336-4276-805D-0CC8C2CCD44E.jpeg
A top draw two pass shave this morning. Must be something in the air, as my Feather blade had completed it’s third shave and feels more than up to a fourth. Excellent stuff.

Thursday 26th September
1000019775.jpg

Ever Ready Natural Angle HFT + GEM Stainless #2 + Yaqi Heavy Metal + Arran Lochranza + Brut Splash on + Aloe Vera Gel

The start of my own personal budget shave week where I shave cheapest while still maintaining an excellent shave. The star and the biggest money saving is the Gillette 7 O.Clock DE razor which currently sells on ebay UK for £4.99 with free postage. It has a light plastic handle and the head is a bit roughly plated which some retailers call "matt" but it's a Gillette Tech and shaves like a Tech which means efficient and smooth. I've paired it with a Dorco Titan DE blade - quite frankly the only difference I see between this blade and a Gillette Platinum Russian is the price.

Shower,
Pears transparent Amber soap - 2 pack 100g for £2.15 at Boots
3P shaving soap croap
Omega 10065 boar brush
Gillette 7 O'Clock DE razor
Dorco Titan DE blade - Amazon UK Prime £5.99 per 100
Hot rinse, cold rinse
Lea 0% alcohol lotion

Budget.jpg

Last night's bit of sink time themed, 'Sensible'

View attachment 125839

A very sensible razor - Timeless bronze
A rather sensible blade - Feather
Brushing sensibly - Cadman 24mm Cash
Makes sense soap - MDC Rose
Sensible Moisturising - Collagen
Scent and sensibility - Guerlain Homme

'Is this the best the man can give? Roll on his next shave as this is so dull'

An absolutely cracking shave and this Timeless continues to astound. A sixth outing from the same Feather blade? and still think it will go at least another shave. Oooo la la. I have rarely ever got beyond 2 or 3 before the edge has gone. Is this razor blessed? Because I'm not

A great day yesterday as 3rd year in a row I have managed to stay clear of being pre-diabetic since receiving a warning shot from my doctor 4 years back. Also second year of maintaining 13st 7lbs. A 25% weight loss since I started on the NHS pre diabetes programme and a completely different story when I look back.

Throw in a good dentist check up, two new pairs of glasses and all in all a good day.

So have the usual ending and some Japanese girlies to brighten up your breakfast reading

Well done Chris, nothing better than feeling fit and healthy (y), well except maybe a date with Puffy Shoes :ROFLMAO:

Back
Top Bottom