SOTD: Saturday 22 July - Friday 28 July 2023.

98ae5e67-6e7b-4d0a-ac15-d362090859fa-jpg.1693264

Three straight rides on the Gillette Old with the Rhino blade have all been DFS/BBS quality. Not much to say about Proraso that hasn't been said already ... it works and it works well. I did end the shave with a spritz of Pino Silvestre to keep the 'green' theme going.

33yr Wedding Anniversary Shave
Nbc Pulling GIF by The Titan Games

Only kidding;)

28/07/23
Pre - Droyt's Classic Glycerose Soap
Brush - Simpson Duke 3 Best Badger
Soap - Signature Soap Hibernia
Razor - Feather WS-D2
Blade - Kai DE Stainless
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Tonyschin's Cedarwood Balm & Argan Oil
A/S - Mäurer & Wirtz 4711 Jasmine
View attachment 109354
A very comfortable, very close finish.
Hopefully the shave should last the day, taking Mrs TC out later to our favourite sea front Indian Restaurant.
Stay safe and enjoy your day all.
Congratulations Tony, July is the favourite wedding month obviously!

02D0B452-5E1C-4030-AF05-6949ED3340BF.jpeg

Simpson Duke 2 SiLVERTiP
Schick Krona
Polsilver Łódź (1)
Ach Brito Mogno
Thayer’s Lavender witch hazel
4711 a/s

Lovely slick lather from the Mogno, but I got a fair bit of irritation during the shave, which I attribute to the soap. I really enjoy the scent of this, but some fragrances irritate my skin. I’ll give it another go, but if it persists I will transfer this to the shower. It is a bar of soap after all.

Have a nice weekend chaps.

Belated Happy Anniversary wishes to @Electrif @Tony'schin & @pjgh.

I used two new items for my shave today. First off my Plisson synthetic brush. My benchmark for synthetics has always been Mühle STF. Is Plisson better? Time will tell. In any case, the Plisson did a great job.

Then there’s the new TTO razor I bought today for just under 5 euro (!) in a local discount store. Made in China of fully plated brass. Probably a rebranded Weishi but I guess I’ll never know. I just call it the China TTO. It’s a mild yet efficient razor of good quality even though it’s obviously a very ‘industrial’ piece of gear.

Plisson synthetic brush
China TTO razor
BIC Orange blade (1)
Palmolive shaving cream
De Vergulde Hand alum block

IMG_0589.jpeg

IMG_2250.jpeg
SOTD: 28/07/2023

Razor: Blackland Era
Blade: Astra SP, 1st use
Brush: Shedeleven Spalted Scottish Hawthorn AP Shave Co G5C 26mm Fan
Bowl: 3D Printed Bowl
Preshave: Bart’s Balms Lochnagar Oil
Soap: Seaforth! Sea Spiced Lime Puck
Balm: Seaforth! Spice Lime Aftershave Toner Lotion
Fragrance: Seaforth! Sea Spiced Lime Eau de Toilette

Having found and bought a level 5 plate recently, I couldn’t resist the urge to give it a run out as soon as I could. I’m glad I sourced one as it as the results were fantastic and so it looks like the Era lives to fight another day! It may be the highest setting they made but it’s not in the slightest bit aggressive, just smooth and of medium efficiency. It’s a great daily driver and will make for an excellent work day shaver! It was heading to the BST if this plate hadn’t been found but now it’s like getting a whole new razor unexpectedly!

It only takes me to announce, 'And for my final entry for this past week of SOTD's I am pleased to present my shave with the theme, 'contains odour removing technology'' (Beacuse it has just said so on the TV in the advert for Finish dish washing tablets)

20230728_193400.jpg

Odour removing razor - Yaqi Excalibur
Oh dear removing blade - Feather Professional
Odd or normal brush - AP Shaving 30mm brass
Ode oo arr soap - Abbate Y Mantia Krokos
Oh die feuchtigkeitscreme ist - Collegen
Oh dour scent of the evening - Abbate Y Mantia Krokos splash

'Coffee odour, coffee odour, coffee odour, coffee odour, tea?'

A rare night out for the blade on a stick and the often slated Yaqi Excalibur. Cheap, nasty, a blatant copy, made from recycled baked bean tins and probably some of the baked beans as well, but shit does it deliver. Or at least it does for me. Agile, accurate and a damn fine bit of razormanship which has no right to be brilliant, but it is. A bit like me in that sense. I have no right to be brilliant, and I'm not. Or in the words of my granddaughter Zuzu, 'Granddad, you're rubbish'. No wonder I had a recent breakdown. With a granddaughter like her who needs a psychiatrist?

A big brass oversized brush suitable for a big jar of soap and team lather duties covered in a jiffy. Or was that covered in jiff? Whatever it was, it was pretty damn good and the Krokos proved its rights as a God soap. We worship you, we give you thanks, we praise you for your gold lather.

A pretty smashing all round shave with wonderfully acceptable results and all ready for the weekend. Yorkshire bound for two weeks on Sunday and looking forward to digging in to the shaving cabinet at that side of the country. Mrs Satanfriendly is looking forward to digging a big hole for me in the country. How many times do I have to tell her 'You can't kill death'. She begs to differ

Have a great weekend you super shavateers and do I really have to tell you I love you all because you already know that.

It's Friday, it's finally the weekend and it can only be final I give you some puffyshoes to end on...

Goodbye to you all

Back
Top Bottom