SOTD: Saturday 22 July - Friday 28 July 2023.

Tue 25 Last Day on the Beach...made a friend
Soap & Aftershave Stirling Executive Man
Brush Yaqi 24mm Purple Haze Mew Brown
Razor RazoRock GC.84-P
Blade Flying Eagle Platinum 1st Use
Beautiful creamy slick lather & smelling wonderful together with the matching splash.
The razor paired with this Platinum blade was good but the Eagle Stainless is a tad better. 3 smooth passes for a bbs-dfs finish...
20230725_104234.jpg

SOTD: 25th July 2023.

3.jpg

Shaving Recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ Asda Sea Salt & Fennel Extract Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face & head.
Pears with Mint Extracts Transparent Bar Soap.
Cold wet flannel to my face & head.
Brush: Omega 10077.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl: Home Bargains Stainless Steel Side Bowl.
Lather: Erasmic Shaving Soap Bowl.
Razor: Parker24C. - Personna Comfort Coated. (D3)
Razor: Parker InjRzr. (Head/Dome) (Settings) 4-wtg. 4-xtg/atg.+pick-ups. - Personna Injector PTFE. (D6)

Cold water Face & Head wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Cold Water Face & Head Rinse./Alum Rub./Cold Water Rinse/Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.3 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Denim Original ASL./Nivea Men Fresh Moisturising Gel.

Greetings,

Early morning face & head shave,

A wonderful performance from both the Parker InjRzr & Parker24C..The 24C is such a smooth efficient razor.

A enjoyable 2 pass + pick ups close comfortable face & head shave with no errors to report. Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Nivea Men Fresh Moisturising Gel.

My face is feeling smooth & smelling divine. ;)

Keep safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen. :cool:

Today I didn't shave and so my SOTD takes the theme, 'I didn't shave'

But I will include a pretty picture of a shave from last week which I never did a write up for. I assume it must have been good though

View attachment 109231

No shaving implements were exercised this evening.

'Is that it? Fuck that then I'll have a cup of tea instead'

Sounds weak but the reason I didn't shave today was I somehow managed to get a wasp inside my mouth while out cycling. Yes, I managed to remove the little bastard, but not before it took revenge on my inner lip. A bit of an 'Ouch!' moment. Can't wait to tell the missus it also happened to get inside my Y-Fronts.

But not to say you will escape some Japanese girly torture because you won't. The last for this week from those RADICALS and being as our summer appears to have pissed off you may as well imagine you are on the beach with these ladies. Well I will

Painful Chris! Maybe you need to wear something like this next time you go out on your bike :ROFLMAO:

IMG_8047.jpeg

SOTD 20230725.
LMsnTEt.jpg

Noxzema "Classic" pre-shave cream.
Semogue SOC.
TFS "Abysso" shaving soap.
Vintage 7 O'Clock NEW / Stork Ti "Falcon" handle.
Treet 7 Days Platinum (2).
Clubman Pinaud "Clubman" ASL.

Tuesday 25 July
Schick injector adjustable, from around 1969/70 and often given away free with Schick injector blades. The old bristle brush comes from a Schick cartridge shave set and still works fine. The star for me however is the Extro Positano shave cream, super creamy with a long lasting heady and unique scent, one of the best shave creams that I have used so far. The after shave splash is equally wonderful and also a favourite.
There was a Schick blade still in the razor from a little while back, but I thought I’d see how it performed. Set on 5 it was fine and still pretty sharp so only two passes and pick ups completed a dfs finish with no irritation or weepers.
Enjoy the day fellas!

IMG_0192.jpeg

25/07/23
Pre - Droyt's Classic Glycerose Soap
Brush - Simpson Duke 2 Best Badger - #2
Soap - Signature Soap Britannia
Razor - Karve Stainless C - SB
Blade - Bic Astor (Ελ.)
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Proraso Green
A/S - Proraso Green
Wk 30 (4).jpg
Another cracker, The Astor blade running to 7 shaves and still smooth, it has been retired to the blade bin.
Today i used my second Duke 2 (the replacement for the handle i chipped but cannot bring myself to bin) to whip up the Signature Britannia, the Signature soaps work brilliantly for me, just so easy to whip up a great lather.
I finished the shave with the Proraso Green balm and splash (held in my 2nd repurposed siege cannon bottle).
Nice that.
Stay safe and enjoy your day all.

SOTD 25-July
20230724_121135.jpg
Brush: C&H 'Braizier' Gealousy SHD
Soap: NO 'Tis The Season
Razor: WR2 1.25
Blade: Wizamet

Well today's theme was 'Christmas in July', so out comes NO 'Tis The Season, and to carry the theme it features the most hated elf in this house, 3 years I've had to try and find different hiding places for this thing!

Anyway, the challenge for the day was to 'Use a non-dominant hand. It doesn't have to be your own.'. Well I did it at least, rather than use my non-dominant hand I asked the Mrs, and remarkably she obliged, perhaps she wanted to do me in, but there was bugger all chance of me giving her a straight of course. We only managed one pass, 20 minutes this thing took, and I had to reapply on the neck by the time we got there. But you know what, the finish was...shite. The poor woman's hands were shaking, then we were laughing, there was no way this was going to be effective. To be fair though she's put up with these shenanigans so I really can't complain.

So in summary, the only time I'll let the Mrs shave me again is when I'm in a coma, but she's a legend.

Hope everyone has a better shave and a grand day.

Cheers

Marc

25/07/23
Pre - Droyt's Classic Glycerose Soap
Brush - Simpson Duke 2 Best Badger - #2
Soap - Signature Soap Britannia
Razor - Karve Stainless C - SB
Blade - Bic Astor (Ελ.)
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Proraso Green
A/S - Proraso Green
View attachment 109247
Another cracker, The Astor blade running to 7 shaves and still smooth, it has been retired to the blade bin.
Today i used my second Duke 2 (the replacement for the handle i chipped but cannot bring myself to bin) to whip up the Signature Britannia, the Signature soaps work brilliantly for me, just so easy to whip up a great lather.
I finished the shave with the Proraso Green balm and splash (held in my 2nd repurposed siege cannon bottle).
Nice that.
Stay safe and enjoy your day all.
Thanks Tony. Regards Brian

Back
Top Bottom