SOTD: Saturday 22 June - Friday 28 June 2024.

Mach3 (4)
Proraso green soap
Simpson special
Parera Varon Dandy lotion
Gillette moisturizer

View attachment 121991

9/10, BBS. Everything is great but it seems like 2,5 passes are too much for me. It feels like I overshave... IMO carts are created only for one quick pass, maybe a few extra clean-ups and that's it.
After several shaves with carts, I got bored a little. I miss my Fatip Slant and DE blades. My wish to see how many shaves I can get with Mach3 cart is stronger though.
I dumped my Mach 3 last month when I cut my top lip on the morning of my dental appointment and since I'm on Warfarin it was still bleeding when I sat in the dentist chair. I have noticed that the Mach 3 cart blades are now sharper than they used to be. That could be the root of your problem re. 2.5 passes.

I used the Mach 3 for tidying up after a DE shave and I changed to Gillette Guard (ebay) which works for me. I am testing the Penny Shaver from AP Shave Co but re. sharpness it's out of the frying pan and into the fire.

Thursday 27th June
General Steel - Schick Proline P #8 - Jayaruh 289 Timber Wolf - OSP Tallow Cream Trial - Brut Original AS - Aloe Vera Gel
1000018879.jpg

27 June

SV Felce Aromatica
Mühle Classic
Henson Al13
Feather Hi-Stainless
SV Felce Aromatica asl

624B6A23-C415-4FA0-A251-E69B202E3322.jpeg
I just love the scent of Felce Aromatica it isn’t very strong on the lather but the aftershave compliments and compensates. The Mühle brush created a great lather and the shave was an easy two passes to respectability. Superb.

27/06/24
Pre - Dove Original Cream Bar
Brush - Semogue Torga C5 Boar
Soap - Monsavon Bol à Raser
Razor - Colonial General V2
Blade - Kai Captain Protouch MG
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Barts Balm Ben Lomond & Cinnamon & Patchouli Lotion
A/S - Barbour "2016" EDT
Wk  26 (7).jpg
Ohh Yeah!
Everything worked just as it should.
Enjoy your day all.

20240627_125005.jpg

My Shave today consisted of...
Prep Proraso preshave balm.
Brush Yaqi Bali.
Soap Master soap creations Frosted Spearmint.
Razors Artist Feather Straight Razor & Merkur 34c.
Blade Feather Pro Super (10)
Aftershave Master soap creations Frosted Spearmint splash.

Another hot day and another cooling Menthol soap used.
This was my first run out with the Feather straight razor. I found it more forgiven than the vintage straight razors I have and didn't peel off any cheeks ha ha.
It cleaned up my neck sides and cheeks fine, I never have been any good at the lip and chin area.
The 34c polished up any left overs and did a great job.
Between the two I now look amazing.
Enjoy the day everyone.

June 27th :coffee:
  • Gillette New
  • Lord Cool (3rd shave)
  • Proraso Green
  • Proraso boar brush
  • Dandy lotion
2915.jpg

10/10
I received this new razor yesterday and today shaved with it. Like it a lot. Smooth and efficient. It's small (maybe even a little smaller than Piccolo) but no problem at all for me.
As far as I understood, it's New version that was produced in the late 30's - early 40's. It's not a popular model. It goes with Bakelite case but I hate how it smells :sick::sick:

SOTD: 27/06/2024

Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Feather ProGuard - 15, 8th use
Brush: Simpson Trafalgar T3
Bowl: Kikier Ceramic Bowl
Preshave: Proraso Wood & Spice Cream
Soap: Proraso Wood & Spice Cream
Balm: Proraso Wood & Spice Balm
Additional Care: Osma Alum
Additional Care: Cold Water
Fragrance: Prorazo Wood & Spice EdC

Have a fine day!

Razor - Rockwell SS R3
Blade - Gillette SharpEdge
Brush - Simpson’s Captain
Lather - Arko stick

My SOTD’s may become a little samey, as this lot works a treat. Lovely smooth two pass shave.

This is the third outing for the Gillette blade. I usually have a strict “three strikes and you’re out” policy with blades, but this one feels like it has more in it. I’ll think about that one.

But… back to my other razors next time… see if the Rockwell really is the one, or maybe my technique has improved. I always thought I preferred lighter razors, but maybe the mass of the Rockwell suits me better.

IMG_0177.jpeg

June 27th :coffee:
  • Gillette New
  • Lord Cool (3rd shave)
  • Proraso Green
  • Proraso boar brush
  • Dandy lotion
View attachment 122146

10/10
I received this new razor yesterday and today shaved with it. Like it a lot. Smooth and efficient. It's small (maybe even a little smaller than Piccolo) but no problem at all for me.
As far as I understood, it's New version that was produced in the late 30's - early 40's. It's not a popular model. It goes with Bakelite case but I hate how it smells :sick::sick:
Good man! But I don't understand the smell issue.

Back
Top Bottom