SOTD: Saturday 22 June - Friday 28 June 2024.

Tech June-kies

Thursday 27th June

AP1GczNRKDDFWYHt26sR3r5ArUrUrsEvHDQCoFzXixLQa_HzyJ4OSJwKi871Ild0U5HTMYOTV4duO-FPO_GOYqw_SimHZPiwsgp29yMH4wlWtPcdD1tdjIr0l6wWFaI_-6z-CE_RPUgvAeUnPiM-p5lm885qbA=w800

Palmolive Shaving Stick (Grated) & Proraso (Omega) Pure Bristle
Gillette Tech (1960s) Stamped & Gillette Nacet Stainless (1)
Brut Alaska Aftershave

Joy! After three days with a Rubie in this razor, switching in a fresh Nacet is just bliss. I guess I'm not a Rubie guy ... last one in the tuck, so I can pop an X next to that one. Nacets, however continue to sit in my top 10 ... no, 5.

The case has a disgusting smell of burnt plastic, paint, and some kind of chemical. Apparently, this is what Bakelite smells like.
However, it’s an excellent case if you don’t sniff it... but the smell remains on your fingers

View attachment 122156
Have you washed the case? Mild soap and water only, with warm tap water, don't boil it!

Last night's shave.
Took a lot more effort to get a good close shave this time but that's because I was using a Chinese blade that had already been used for one full shave.
I wanted to see if I got irritation after doing a lot of passes using this razor. I'm happy to say it was negligible.

Rating: 3.5 / 5

Razor: (BORROWED) West Coast Shaving American Liberty
Blade: Colorlamb Super Platinum
Brush: Men Rock Unknown. Probably synthetic
Lather: Stirling Sweet Stuff
Additional Care:
Acqua Di Parma Colonia Club
Proraso Pre and post Balm

SOTD 28-June
1000030071.jpg
Brush: Generic - Hateful Thing
Soap: Mastro Miche
Razor: Stoll Jr 3D Print
Blade: GEM PTFE

Today's theme is Frugal Friday, use the most inexpensive gear in your arsenal. Just to show how much money we all save by starting wet shaving.

There are a number of caveats in here, if you use a vintage then you need to work out the price nowadays adjusting for inflation. If you use a dupe, then the price of the original applies (with edps and such) etc etc

My only regret for today though is that damn Brush, it is a hateful thing. It's pokey, can't hold lather for it's life and is just generally unpleasant. I should have sacrificed an extra couple of quid and gone for an omega!

Not to worry, the cheapest thing here by far is the 3D razor (ignoring the blade), this one I had printed by a friend. I worked out that the roll was roughly £15.99 for a 1kg, the razor weighs around 18g, so it works out to around 29p, pretty good I think!

For the photo treasure hunt, I'm not proud of this one, and I won't be for the next couple either. But today's is aimed at Money, I took the shot with the sum total of the shave coming in at £13.56, then I forgot the damn EDP, so I'm missing £10. I was lucky to have the original amount around the house, who uses cash nowadays!

Happy shaves all, I'm going to bask in the glory of all the money I've saved with starting wet shaving ahem...don't look in the cupboard, drawers, or boxes there's nothing to see there!

Cheers

Marc

Friday 28 June

Thought I would finish the week with another flat head razor. The Razorine Flat Boy. It is easier to use than their de shavette style flat razors. All of this flat head type are however a pain to get the blade in place. I nicked a finger today putting the blade in. That said the razor is effective and bbs was delivered in 2 passes and pick ups with no loss of blood apart from my finger.
I’ve been disappointed with Truefitt & Hill Apsley soap. It doesn’t seem to have any weight and quickly dissipates. Maybe I’m using too much water.

Have a fine day fellas!

IMG_0681.jpeg

Catie’s Bubbles LPV
HSC Erskine 150
Mongoose B2 Hempel titanium handle
Kai titan mild #8
Myersol Agua di Balsamica

A solid shave after a shower, the soap I rarely use although it performs well enough it starts to irritate my face if applied for a second pass, therefore I only do a careful one pass followed by an aftershave.

28/06/24
Pre - Dove Original Cream Bar
Brush - Semogue SOC TAJ Boar
Soap - Vintage Brit Ingrams
Razor - ATT X1 Slant
Blade - Kai Captain Protouch MG
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Proraso Green
A/S - Proraso Green
Wk  26 (6).jpg
I really like the concept of the X1 slant from ATT, pity they wont be made anymore.
The Protouch was comfortable today, although i do think the X1 suits unguarded blades better.
Enjoy your day all.

Back
Top Bottom