SOTD: Saturday 22 June - Friday 28 June 2024.

SOTD 28-June
View attachment 122162
Brush: Generic - Hateful Thing
Soap: Mastro Miche
Razor: Stoll Jr 3D Print
Blade: GEM PTFE

Today's theme is Frugal Friday, use the most inexpensive gear in your arsenal. Just to show how much money we all save by starting wet shaving.

There are a number of caveats in here, if you use a vintage then you need to work out the price nowadays adjusting for inflation. If you use a dupe, then the price of the original applies (with edps and such) etc etc

My only regret for today though is that damn Brush, it is a hateful thing. It's pokey, can't hold lather for it's life and is just generally unpleasant. I should have sacrificed an extra couple of quid and gone for an omega!

Not to worry, the cheapest thing here by far is the 3D razor (ignoring the blade), this one I had printed by a friend. I worked out that the roll was roughly £15.99 for a 1kg, the razor weighs around 18g, so it works out to around 29p, pretty good I think!

For the photo treasure hunt, I'm not proud of this one, and I won't be for the next couple either. But today's is aimed at Money, I took the shot with the sum total of the shave coming in at £13.56, then I forgot the damn EDP, so I'm missing £10. I was lucky to have the original amount around the house, who uses cash nowadays!

Happy shaves all, I'm going to bask in the glory of all the money I've saved with starting wet shaving ahem...don't look in the cupboard, drawers, or boxes there's nothing to see there!

Cheers

Marc
Great to see someone else using Roger's 3d design. It hardly needs rinsing between passes.

hAuV3Ke.jpg

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Zenith 3-band Manchurian Badger
Cream: Palmolive Rinfrescante
Razor: Wolfman WR2
Blade: Vintage NOS Schick Plus Platinum (1)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel, Proraso Green Aftershave Lotion
Scent: Czech & Speake Oxford & Cambridge EdC

A most refreshing shave.

And as my final entry for this past week of SOTD's I am proud to present you with a couple of shaves from the past two days, better known as up-catching. Similar to up-cycling but minus the pedals.

So I shall theme these shaves, 'Up-Shaving'. Similar to shaving, except, it is.

Wednesday

20240626_191452.jpg

Tool up - Lambda Athena
Sharpen up - Polsilver Lodz
Brush up - Cadman 24mm Tuxedo
Soap up - MDC Fougere
Soften up - Simple moisturiser
Up wind - Paco Rabanne pour homme

And in the words of Emily Lloyd

'Up my? Oooooooooo'

An upmarket razor doing its upgraded shaving act and an absolutely superb one at that. I keep thinking 'I should sell this razor'. Look at its wonderfully crafted wooden box, run its immaculately machined handle through my hand, admire its attention to detail and say 'Bollocks to that idea'. And then it shaves brilliantly. Heaven.

The MDC does that MDC thing and delivers superbly and then I end it all with a good splash of that Paco Rabanne.

I am a nice man in reality, but the Rabanne does its magical trick. I set fire to the next-door neighbours car, for the only reason being, I burnt their house down last week.

A Friday, and it just has to be those Puffyshoes

Thursday

20240627_183945.jpg

Up yours - Occams Enoch
Balls up - Schick Proline
Up Marine AFC - PAA Peregrino
Washing up - Penhaligons Bayolea
Makeup - Collagen
Fuck up - Paco Rabanne pour homme

'The Paco Rabanne made me do it folks'

A new blade for the Enoch and a far better performance than my previous outing. Still the fastest razor on planet shave. A slick Schick.

All topped off with the Paco Rabanne, just so I can do bad things, but in a pleasant manner. That is why Postman Pat waves at the crowd. Welcome to the neighbourhood

And welcome to the final entry from those Puffyshoes girls.....

And I do too

Back
Top Bottom