SOTD: Saturday 23 - Friday 29 September 2023.

26 September

TOBS St. James
Simpson Duke 3
Mühle R101
Feather Hi-Stainless (2)
Signature Soaps Hibernia splash

9870606C-DBD3-4224-806B-6C37E30A4813.jpeg
Swapped yesterday’s blade into the R101 and I had a very good shave this morning. Plentiful luxurious lather from the Taylor’s and a squeaky close, two pass shave. Closer, but, not anywhere near as comfortable and safe as yesterday’s shave with the DE89.

20230926_133221.jpg

Preshave - Wright's Traditional Soap
Razor - R41 Twist
Blade - Big Ben
Brush - Highlander TSR LE 2023 - Walnut & Boar
Lather - Nivea Liquid Shaving Cream
Splash - Witch Hazel & Proraso Red

20230926_133330.jpg

First use of the LE brush. Very comfortable to hold (and a little different for me, I've never used such a large handle before). Really tactile and well finished. Thanks again @gile :)

Another cracking shave from the R41 and Big Ben blade.

Tue 26th September

Stirling Syn 26mm
La Toja stick- grated
Schick I1
Schick Platinum- Sweden ( 4 )

For the last month I have beeb favouring the use of AC/SE razors, but today decided to try an Injector. The shave was not bad but perhaps not quite as good as my recent ones with my RR Hawk V3.The best bit was the fact that once again I have not suffered any skin inflammation as a reaction to the soap used.

5F19ABD8-94F4-439E-A5D3-87EE3FD92D8E.jpeg

26/09/23
Pre - Droyt's Classic Glycerose Soap
Brush - Erasmic 26mm Shavers delight Tuxedo knot
Soap - La Toja stick
Razor - OneBlade Genesis
Blade - Modified GEM PTFE S/S
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Barts Balm Ben Lomond
A/S - Aramis Tuscany EDT20230926_182156.jpg
Last shave of our Menorcan jaunt, homeward bound tomorrow morning.
Enjoy your evening everyone.

Last edited:
Razor = Ikon B1 Oss
Blade = Timor ( 2 )
Brush = C&H Cigar V20 Fanchurian
Soap = Ariana & Evans Bhang
with matching splash.
Balm = Nivea Sensitive Daily
IMG_2513.jpegVery good shave tonight total 3 pass bbs although the dury’s out on this soap.
The wife liked the scent but i think it’s a bit hit or miss.
This is the second soap i own with cannabis & like the other i’m unsure if i actually like the scent,
infact i know i don’t like the scent but the other ingredients make it bearable.
I’m still unsure of this VR1 base either,
This is my second soap with this base and i feel it dissipates very easily, although it might be me but two different soaps & it’s happened twice which i find strange.
Anyway the star of the show was the Brush & a cracker at that, Again probably not a brush i would buy myself but the wife likes to surprise me.
To be fair i like it a lot & the V20 is very good although i’m hearing good things about the V21 when it arrives soon.
Ok lads i must dash
i’m off to Tenerife in the morning before heading back to Indonesia in a couple of weeks
Stay Safe Boys n Girls

20230926_192647.jpg

My Shave today consisted of...
Prep Proraso preshave balm
Brush Highlander Oak handled Manchurian badger LE 2023 brush.
Soap GFCC Original.
Razor Charcoal goods Stinger. Oooo yeah
Blade Derby Premium.
Aftershave Diesel.

I have been looking forward to trying out my Highlander LE 2023 brushes ever since placing my order.
It whipped up a cracking lather in seconds and felt very well balanced in my hand, I am really impressed with the grip as it felt glued to my palm with no fear of slipping whatsoever.
I am a big fan of the larger handle over the chubby style and this brush just oozes quality.
A smashing shave with my Stinger, I can't empathise enough just how good this razor shaves and looks amazing to boot, a true work of art.
So after using all these beautiful tools, I too now look like a grand masterpiece and should be on show somewhere sunny so the world can stand and admire me.
My wife is just so lucky and I am now off to tell her.
Have an amazing evening everyone and thank you @gile for your amazing brush.

942E2B0A-160F-46CB-BB07-7B03FCBBEDDD.JPG

Gillette Old
ShaveX Platinum (2)
Omega 49
LaToja Shave Stick
AV Ice Sport
Witch Hazel
Burt's Bees AS Balm
9.9/10

Shave number two with the Vertice ShaveX Platinum from India and it went well. I'm starting to lean toward this blade being a nice medium-tier blade. It handles everything I like to have handled in a shave. LaToja always provides a great lather, and today was no different. I ended up with a fairly easy BBS.

SOTN (Head & Face)

Face - Rockwell 6S (plate 5), Lord Super Chrome
Head - Leaf razor, Bodyshop Macca Root Shaving Cream, Treet Platinum saloon blades
MacDuffs Wild Rose Country (soap & splash)
Alpha Outlaw brush (G4 knot)
Yaqi collapsible silicone bowl
La Roche Posay B5 Balm

First outing for my new Yaqi collapsible bowl (think a slow dog feeder bowl but with concentric circular ridges on the bottom like a Captains Choice bowl). Picked it up partly for travelling as we're away in November and I'd ideally prefer not to take full size tubs, but also to see what it's like for loading the brush with softer soaps - I usually prefer face lathering and fancied a quick and easy way to load the likes of MacDuffs or DG. Anyway I'm happy to say that it worked very well for the latter reason I picked it up, and for that price...an absolute steal.

1000006614.jpg

Tuesday 26th September

ADCreHcionjsD02XDkzbj-kcbV5LS_zrZIV45lA4DWTKZLUSxlNFvHs-YdaqEqcMtmOk3Ld9eHOSIXprL0e09YPdSy6556Hms8GFlrLahUs58RanG0Q9RikrU8XTYnkK6oQRVzrEgyW0_-wLy9xsH8VUv_ezpg=w800

Gillette Labs Quick Rinse Shaving Foam
Gillette Trac-II Twinjector & Schick Injector-II (2)
Brut Passion Aftershave

Back
Top Bottom