SOTD: Saturday 24 - Friday 30 August 2024.

Tuesday 27th August

AP1GczNjQYRxZzXzp5BNdWIqN5oS_RF37jjgu6dyITxeH30HxZPIzhcAjo3dvzQRHgpv7moENEHWsRkgefyzSq4lGFp9_ghDKFgcf3iDnzgj7FbJFvWVF4ykJlHLwapMFXGmqNCqxHylNrC_lA2k982PCAzjZg=w800

Floris JF (Vintage Palmate) Shaving Bowl & Omega 11137 Pure Bristle
Muhle R89 Liscio & Personna Platinum Chrome (2)
Jade East (Vintage) Aftershave

... same again!

SOTD Wednesday 28 August

• Razor Gillette Slim Adjustable (5) J4
  • Blade Gillette Minora Stainless (10)
  • Pre-Shave Tricare Goats Milk
  • Brush Synthetic
  • Cream Gillette Pure
  • Post Shave Thayers Witch Hazel - Unscented
  • Aftershave Brut Splash
  • Balm Nivea – Sensitive Pro - Post Shave Balm

The Morning Shave.
The Gillette Minora Stainless blade was in my 1964 Gillette Slim Adjustable today.

Not much I can keep saying about the Gillette Minora, this blade won’t give up. Shave 10, and still super smooth with no tug or irritation.
I was interested to try the Gillette Pure shaving cream, I picked this up in a discount shop for $3.50 Aus.

The cream has almost no scent, very light floral. I didn’t need much however this cream does need a decent amount of water to create volume, and a couple of minutes whip in the bowl to create a full dense rich lather.

Not sure how this will perform for a face latherer. It is very soft probably suited to sensitive skin.
Overall, a good product, very affordable. If you like unscented creams this should be on your list.
59.jpg

PXL_20240828_091540641.PORTRAIT~2.jpg
not sure about this double open comb. I get the extra water it releases but I'm not sure it's actually a good thing to leave some lather behind. you can go over the same area again without relathering but I don't think that's a good thing really. it's easier to see where you've shaved enough by the fact all the lather was wiped off.

it's possibly too mild for me so I'm actually trying to limit how much I go over the same areas, not make it easier. the angle also isn't the easiest to get leading to adding pressure to get it to cut. the first shave on this blade in it gave me some irritation and nicks. today was more comfortable but not close enough.

I'll give it another few tries with different blades to see if I can get it to give me a close enough shave without irritation. the difference with more efficient razors is quite big and i'd much rather be using them so it'll probably get moved on eventually.

onto something efficient like an R41 tomorrow for a change.

View attachment 124494
not sure about this double open comb. I get the extra water it releases but I'm not sure it's actually a good thing to leave some lather behind. you can go over the same area again without relathering but I don't think that's a good thing really. it's easier to see where you've shaved enough by the fact all the lather was wiped off.

it's possibly too mild for me so I'm actually trying to limit how much I go over the same areas, not make it easier. the angle also isn't the easiest to get leading to adding pressure to get it to cut. the first shave on this blade in it gave me some irritation and nicks. today was more comfortable but not close enough.

I'll give it another few tries with different blades to see if I can get it to give me a close enough shave without irritation. the difference with more efficient razors is quite big and i'd much rather be using them so it'll probably get moved on eventually.

onto something efficient like an R41 tomorrow for a change.
Forgive my ignorance but what razor is that?

Forgive my ignorance but what razor is that?
it's an AliExpress head on a razorock bamboo handle.

the head is similar to the yaqi mellon

which is similar to the razorock self lubricating open comb

which is similar to the PAA double open comb

which is "based on the classic Self Lubricating Grand Razor"

Tuesday 27th August

Soap • Stirling Nag Champa
Brush • Yaqi 24mm Tuxedo Red Marble
Razor • Razorock Game Changer. 68-P
Blade • Wilkinson Sword- Brasil (2)
Post • Puig Quorum Aftershave

No photo . . .

Everything worded well, although this Game Changer. 68 doesn't quite hit the mark like the .84 variant. I can't be bothered spending out on another plate/razor.

28/08/24
Vintage Wednesday
Pre - Sainsbury's Luxury Soap Fig and Jasmine
Brush - Semogue SOC TAJ Boar
Soap - Maca Root / Palmolive stick Superlather
Razor - Osborne, Garrett & Co Ltd 1899 - 1923. The Kropp 6/8th #2
Blade - Tony'schin
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Proraso Red
A/S - Proraso Red
Wk 35 (5).jpg
Today i used the Kropp #2 for my Vintage shave, The Superlather soap is probably the easiest soap i have that a Boar brush can lather. I had a lot of lather held in the the brush from a nice scrubby face-lathering, easily enough for 3 passes, although, i only needed 2 passes. This razor worked well enough but did not feel as smooth as the #1 used on Sunday.
I decided to finish off with a Proraso post shave routine leaving me smooth and comfortable.
Enjoy your day all.

Last edited:
SOTD: 28/08/2024

Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Kai Captain Titan Mild 20, 12th use
Brush: Simpson Trafalgar T3
Bowl: Kikier Ceramic Bowl
Preshave: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements The Cube 2.0 Scentless Soap
Soap: The Goodfellas Smile Pino Alpestre Cream
Aftershave: The Goodfellas Smile Pino Alpestre Aftershave
Additional Care: Cold Water
Additional Care: Osma Alum

Have a nice day!

28 August

Speick Men cream
Edwin Jagger travel
Henson Al13 M
Feather Hi-Stainless
Speick Men Sensitiv balm

3B4286AF-7533-4D07-AAA3-510366EC9217.jpeg
An interesting and fun shave this morning. The EJ travel brush is an interesting knot in that it is quite unlike any of my other synthetics. The initial face lather was so rich that the light aluminium Henson did have problems removing all the lather in one pass. The second pass lather was perfect and any lack in efficiency of the razor on the first pass was made up in the second. A superb smooth result. Great stuff.

Back
Top Bottom