SOTD: Saturday 27 July - Friday 2 August 2024.

29 July

Wickham 1912 Club Cola
Plisson synthetic
Edwin Jagger DE89
Feather Hi-Stainless
Floïd Mentolado Vigoroso

C3348576-810E-4593-BBCD-1036CBD506E8.jpeg
This Plisson brush is a favourite of mine, despite new and “better” synthetic fibres coming along, this brush always performs brilliantly. I had a mountain of beautiful lather with the Wickham soap. The EJ with a fresh Feather always performs brilliantly too and gave me a buttery smooth two pass shave. The menthol from the Floïd gave a welcome kick to finish. A great start to Monday.

Shower
3P Pre and post shave cream
TOBS Royal Forest
Zenith boar bristle, olive wood
Shave Classic injector razor imported via USA Amazon (£33 inc. shipping for the razor loaded with 1 blade and 1 pack of 7 schick blades)
Schick injector blades - yellow pack
Hor rinse, cold rinse
3P pre and post shave cream again

My first shave with this razor. Overall I wasn't expecting much because these blades in my Supply SE don't shave at all but I was pleasantly surprised with a quality shave. I would place this razor about 30% agression and very efficient. I got a weeper on my chin which is always a problem area but the weeper was cured with the cold rinse. I would say this razor is an L1 clone but don't quote me on that. I was done with two passes wtg and atg and got a BBS. This razor is reasonable for the price and has a few machine marks on the head. I tested installing a new blade and it worked first time although I estimate that it will have the same shortcomings as other injector razors in occasionally not pushing out the old blade with the new blade going behind it or demolishing the edge by scaping on the blade stops. YMMV.
Injector-photo.jpg

29/07/24
Pre - Sainsbury's Luxury Soap Fig and Jasmine
Brush - Razorock 400 Plissoft Syn
Soap - OSP Orange and Patchouli
Razor - Blutt BR1 - 0.86
Blade - Wizamet Super Iridium
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Barts Balm Ben Lomond - Cinnamon & Patchouli
A/S - OSP Orange and Patchouli
Wk 31 (3).jpg
The Blutt is a really wonderful razor for me. Today 3 passes have me BBS and comfortable.
Enjoy your day all.

Razor - Rockwell 6S R3
Blade - Tiger
Brush - Simpson M6
Lather - Wickham 1912 Cashmere

How impressed am I with Tiger blades? Very impressed. Very smooth… two passes and a polish, no cuts, no nicks, no weepers and no irritation. I’m tempted to try it in the Rockwell on plate R4.
The lather was a bit thin and fizzley-outy… but that may have been down to my cack-handed efforts at getting it out of the pesky little sample tub. The thin lather I got still worked ok, smelt divine and produced excellent results.

Nice to discover a brand new favourite something… to day it’s the Tiger blades.

IMG_0224.jpeg

Rating: 4 / 5

Razor: Neo Lux Schrägschnitt
Blade: Ri-Mei Platinum (Grey)
Brush: Men Rock Unknown. Probably synthetic
Lather: Signature Leodis
Aftershave: Wars Classic

Another good shave with another Chinese blade. Trying to use up this Wars aftershave. I really like it but it's part of my mission so it can be replaced with other great aftershaves.

Monday 29th July

AP1GczNMzO9uE9ycZmym6FnliVyE3HZdes11hVn2AwnK5RtXJOKwDWUR1LDqDKSMy8dS7MwN4xis7Y4-WTgpIf_LFV2OcD1OyAK18Z0zLDF-VISoozB8c4TRdLlfkcm2BO_TDc9F6ALqHYDtCs4GuQ5GE0S7vg=w800

EcoWarrior Shaving Bar (Original Formulation) & Omega 11137 Pure Bristle
Ever-Ready 1912 Woolworths Set & GEM by Personna Stainless/PTFE (1)
Denim (Vintage) Aftershave

Fresh GEM blade. One pass. Perfection.

Back
Top Bottom