SOTD: Saturday 27 July - Friday 2 August 2024.

30/07/24
Pre - Sainsbury's Luxury Soap Fig and Jasmine
Brush - AP400B Slim Brass 22mm Silvertip Synth
Soap - Tabac
Razor - Lambda Athena
Blade - Wizamet Super Iridium
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Vintage Tabac Black
A/S - Tabac EDC
Wk 31 (4).jpg
The Wizamet Blade was superb in the Beautiful Athena. The razor just gliding over the skin.
A Very nice shave.
Enjoy your day all.

Tuesday 30th July

Soap • Stirling Mango Sunrise
Brush • PAA Doppler
Razor • Yaqi Romulus
Blade • Schick Proline (8)
Post • Pinaud Clubman Classic Vanilla

A well needed freshen up after a long hot day at work.
This was my first time using the Stirling soap, which was an Emporium purchase.
Chris, @Boycie83 expressly warned me that this Glacial soap contains a lot of menthol - well, he wasn't wrong. . . . Other Stirling Glacial soaps are positively warm by comparison!
Some 'warming' Clubman Classic Vanilla aftetshave helped to alleviate the frozen feeling.
I can't see me reaching for this soap on a regular basis, although it performs very well.
BST pending . . .

@Mike Smart was kind enough to lend me a PAA slant in Bakelite-style modern plastic: 'fakealite' .
Loaded with an excellent blade I got a BBS finish in four passes plus touch-ups. Only issue was a bit of heat on the fizzog after. That'll iron out as I get the hang of the razor blade combos.

Nearing the end of my Wars Classic so will need to decide on another aftershave to try to use up next...

IMG_20240730_212233.jpg

Rating: 4.5 / 5

Razor: (BORROWED) PAA Fakealite Slant
Blade: Wilkinson Sword English vintage - 1970s white with diagonal gold and brown corner stripe
Brush: Men Rock Unknown. Probably synthetic
Pre-Shave: Argan oil soap
Lather: Signature Leodis
Aftershave: Wars Classic

Last edited:
Tuesday 30th July

Soap • Stirling Mango Sunrise
Brush • PAA Doppler
Razor • Yaqi Romulus
Blade • Schick Proline (8)
Post • Pinaud Clubman Classic Vanilla

A well needed freshen up after a long hot day at work.
This was my first time using the Stirling soap, which was an Emporium purchase.
Chris, @Boycie83 expressly warned me that this Glacial soap contains a lot of menthol - well, he wasn't wrong. . . . Other Stirling Glacial soaps are positively warm by comparison!
Some 'warming' Clubman Classic Vanilla aftetshave helped to alleviate the frozen feeling.
I can't see me reaching for this soap on a regular basis, although it performs very well.
BST pending . . .
How do.you find it to lather? I hate my Stirling Menthol soaps as they don't compare to the non Menthol offerings when lathering.

Razor = Gillette Slim Twist 1970’s i think.
Blade = Schick Super Platinum ( 3 )
Brush = Highlander 24mm TSR Group Buy in Boar.
Soap = OSP Sandalwood
Splash =OSP Sandalwood
Balm = Simpson’s = Sandalwood

IMG_2205.jpegWell iv got another tub of this soap then it’s done.
Genuinely think it’s my all time favourite,
i’ll be a sad man when it’s done.
3 Passes of luxurious lather and a first class shave.
These Razors for me are superb,
i guess they weren’t flavour of the month when they came to market due to them being plastic but personally i would use one of these over the all the big hitters i really like them that much.
I’m sad enough to have them in different colours but luckily enough to get NOS stock.
Not for everyone i know but total dynamite for me.
i’m going to give this blade another run out,
in fact i think i’ll use it until its done.
Iv got one thing to say before i go
Thank Fug Love Island is Finished it does my box in and what makes it worse is the wife in tears
Please give me strength

Last edited:
Razor = Gillette Slim Twist 1970’s i think.
Blade = Schick Super Platinum ( 3 )
Brush = Highlander 24mm TSR Group Buy in Boar.
Soap = OSP Sandalwood
Splash =OSP Sandalwood
Balm = Simpson’s = Sandalwood

View attachment 123306Well iv got another tub of this soap then it’s done.
Genuinely think it’s my all time favourite,
i’ll be a sad man when it’s done.
3 Passes of luxurious lather and a first class shave.
These Razors for me are superb,
i guess they weren’t flavour of the month when they came to market due to them being plastic but personally i would use one of these over the all the big hitters i really like them that much.
I’m sad enough to have them in different colours but luckily enough to get NOS stock.
Not for everyone i know but total dynamite for me.
i’m going to give this blade another run out,
in fact i think i’ll use it until its done.
Iv got one thing to say before i go
Thank Fug Love Island is Finished it does my box in and what makes it worse is the wife in terms.
Please give me strength
I have a Birth year one and you are right it's an excellent shaver Mike.

@Mike Smart was kind enough to lend me a PAA slant in Bakelite-style modern plastic: 'fakealite' .
Loaded with an excellent blade I got a BBS finish in four passes plus touch-ups. Only issue was a bit of heat on the fizzog after. That'll iron out as I get the hang of the razor blade combos.

Nearing the end of my Wars Classic so will need to decide on another aftershave to try to use up next...

View attachment 123307

Blade: Wilkinson Sword English vintage - 1970s white with diagonal gold and brown corner stripe
Hope you like it mate there’s not many people that do

I don’t use mine enough mate
in fact i don’t use many vintages but that’s changing.
What is your birth year ??
was that the year you were born :rolleyes: :ROFLMAO:
hahahahah no truthfully im unsure when these were made i thought 70’s but i don’t know
Lol I was born in 1972 I have S2 that's my birth year second quarter.
I do have to warn you I only look 18, drop dead gorgeous and hung like the iceberg that sank the Titanic. It's probably why women throw themselves at my feet every day.

View attachment 123307

Give it a few shaves in and you will find it incredible, I own the Glow in the dark version.

Back
Top Bottom