SOTD: Saturday 29 June - Friday 5 July 2024.

Tech June-kies

Sunday 30th June

AP1GczNmEFevFxWfhGOodwYFaPIXGHDCkHcRGv9G25mR6Vg7xPIBDbbxp266mZ4MvlyMR7_UPZ9Mq5lo6cGtKLt2Da7qV1cOwjP9WGBMbebDHNdzpJDwt4J8DRHwfDlKgOOfggTR76M3krq8qAKu46MfjtL8LQ=w800

Cuticura Mildly Medicated (Vintage) Shaving Soap & Omega 10005 Pure Bristle
Gillette Open Comb Tech (1960s) Stamped & Gillette Nacet Stainless (4)
Brut Splash-On Lotion

... and that concludes Tech Junkies for this year.

For prosperity, this has been the gang!

AP1GczOmEaar8uTCah5q6MCWGdBAkYSMNTyJ0bRe33dGzpVjHHwO9dVUQydx-93MRJz9G6r50Oq-mgwG-aIjMGnExv9BKsjmRo_xlk-NzX57pXNN74v2oS7BE93lpqfQhGBtkaqu-RVSXnuWPzQgWsAsH9NtxA=w1200

20240630_194050.jpg

My Shave today consisted of...
Prep Proraso preshave balm.
Brush Phoenix Accoutrements Cyclotrode X
Soap Chiseled face cryogen.
Bowl Captains choice Obsidian Copper.
Razors Leaf & El Fantasma Double Slant.
Blade Feather Pro (3)
Aftershave Jape edt.

The time I spent with both the Merkur 37c and the 39c slant paid off dividends, as I had a sublime shave with the glow in the dark El Fantasma.
I won't lie. I originally thought it was a novelty item as it reminded me of something from my local joke shop, but trust me, this razor is blooming great, especially with a Feather blade
I got an amazing Shave a real eat my words moment and this bad boy is definitely more aggressive than the Merkur slants especially when going agt.
I look and smell fabulous woohoo. Enjoy the night, everyone.

SOTN (Head & Face)

Face - Aylsworth Apex SS+, Nacet
Head - Alpha/ShaveDad Outlaw Evo Alu, Dorco Titan
Murphy & McNeil BDLM - soap & splash
Alpha Outlaw brush - G5D knot
Thayer's Coconut
Nivea Pro Sensitive Ultra Calming Balm

Few shaves in now on the Alpha & ShaveDad collaboration Outlaw Evo Alu razor and it doesn't disappoint, tonight though I scratched the itch I'd had for a few days - using it to head shave and it did not disappoint...nice work Mr Tinter, nice work indeed.

1000012083.jpg

Mon 1st July

Aleppo soap - Shave pre wash
Alpha Classic G4 26mm
Vitos Super Red
Alpha Claymore Evolution V2
Feather Pro ( 5 )
Tuff Red A/S Lotion

My first Shave of this Shaving week, which really was a continuation of my Travel Shaves as somehow my best Claymore Evo has crept into my away bag. Well it is nice to use in unfamiliar bathroom settings. Both Razors do deliver good Shaves of a similar nature as they are fitted with the same blade.

IMG_0376.jpeg

Travel Kit - Claymore Evolution V2, Mondial Tabac Verde, RR Syn brush ?

IMG_2024-06-29-201007.jpeg

SOTD: 01/07/2024

Razor: Above The Tie SE1
Blade: Schick Proline P-30 SE, 5th use
Brush: Simpson Trafalgar T3
Bowl: Kikier Ceramic Bowl
Preshave: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements The Cube 2.0 Scentless Soap
Soap: Saponificio Varesino 70th Anniversary Puck
Aftershave: Saponificio Varesino 70th Anniversary Aftershave
Additional Care: Osma Alum
Additional Care: Cold Water

Enjoy your day!

SOTD 01-July
1000030199.jpg
Brush: Zenith MOAR Boar
Soap: Stirling Iced Coffee
Razor: Atelier Durdan Vestige
Blade: GEM PTFE

First shave after the games, no theme to aim for, no daft challenges to complete....I'd forgotten what it was just to shave!

So for today, being a Monday morning, I needed a kick up the arse so I opted for the Stirling Iced Coffee. I would have liked it a bit more on the bitter side, but it was decent and there was a fair hit of menthol. Eased myself down with the Noxcema, as before a completely inoffensive scent with a bit of cooling and then the Beau de Jour dupe to finish off with a chilled lavender vibe. I wasn't sure how the scents would work together, but remarkably it was very nice.

Now I just have to keep that relaxing Lavender in mind and try not to lose my shit with people at work...I suspect I will fail!

Have a cracking day all!

Cheers

Marc

Back
Top Bottom