SOTD: Saturday 29 June - Friday 5 July 2024.

1 July

Extro Bergamotto di Calabria
Simpson Chubby 2
Merkur 39c
Feather Hi-Stainless
Floïd Mentolado Vigoroso

EB895F38-25B3-4796-8A6C-5BD78C8D0E85.jpeg
One nice and easy lather and two pass shave. So good. The Merkur slant is one of a few inexpensive but high performing razors. The latest incarnation of this razor is mild and very efficient with a sharp blade. No cause to be afraid at all.

01/07/24
Pre - Dove Original Cream Bar
Brush - AP Shave Co UBrush 24mm Silvertip Synth
Soap - OSP Dark Matter
Razor - Blackland Dart
Blade - Personna Med Prep
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Barts Balm Ben Kilbreck
A/S - Dior Sauvage
Wk 27  (3).jpg
It isn't so much a challenge to use the Dart, however, you must treat it with respect, for me the most assertive DE i have,
If the R41 belongs on a Butcher block the Dart belongs in a Surgeons tray, for me it is basically better all-round at doing the same job.
A very close shave today from 2 passes WTG then ATG with a little XTG touch up on the whirlpools and Adams apple.
The alum rub produced some fleeting indication of just how close it was.
All sorted with a nice post shave routine.
Enjoy your day all.

Razor - EJ89 3D Diamond
Blade - Personna Platinum
Brush - ES Medium Synthetic
Lather - Trumpers Spanish Leather

I transferred the Personna to the EJ and got an excellent two pass shave. As it was going so well I did an extra polish on the cheekal areas for a full DQS… I don’t call it a BBS, it’s a DQS… a Drag Queen Shave… you need it really smooth if you’re putting all that slap on (or so I’m told).

Also got to open the new bottle of CK Obsession… yay!

Time to relax and watch a bit of Wimbledon… no strawberries and cream, but I’ll settle for some strawberry jam on a scone, washed down with a nice cup of tea,

Cheers, chaps

IMG_0179.jpeg

PXL_20240701_172317858~3.jpg
I shouldn't have bought a box of 100 without having used some first but I don't think rapiras are a good match in a tech for me. first shave on this blade was nice enough but the second didn't get me close enough. I've been using sharper blades for the month so maybe a slight technique adjustment is needed. I'll try one more shave on it tomorrow and hope I don't regret it. maybe they're alright to use for one or two shaves or might be better suited in more aggressive razors so I'll give that a try too.

Monday 1st July

AP1GczP3_SHTxQwuwuyfgozXAgsOEPjI2Rdkj5jAx01f36bkg4kiU_1WuZgCzvQC2dEm7gubmB5Xw4ZZHwVGHpxWId0X1k4BRjC56k92KpkuzY7kfTqFb0vItqKtHpdhHdUktOBgOgut3ff_Z4INGbXMbPFWJA=w800

Dr Selby Shaving Bowl & DSC Professional w/Synbad Synthetic 26mm
Muhle Rocca w/Souplex Bakelite Handle & Treet Durasharp (1) Yellow Sleeve
Ach Brito Lavande Eau de Cologne (as Aftershave)

Silky smooth. Effortlessly sharp.

I hope your week started well, fellows!

SOTD: 2nd July 2024.

11.jpg

Shaving Recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Cien Moisture Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face & head.
Cien PURE Fragrance Free Sensitive Bar Soap.
Brush: Fine 24mm Synthetic.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl: Tesco's Ceramic 'Cosmo' Side Bowl.
Lather: Fine Fresh Vetiver Classic Shaving Soap.
Blade: Chinese Super Gillette Blue. (D1)
Razor: 1960's Gillette Slim Twist.

Cold Water Face & Head Rinse./Cold water face & Head wash with brush squeezing's,/Alum Rub./Cold Water Rinse./Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils, 5 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With Care+Witch Hazel./Blue Stratos ASL./Cien Men Sensitive ASB.

Greetings,

Early morning shave,

(Face & Head Shave.)

A relaxing combined face & head shave to start July of wonderfully.

Everything in my shave this morning paired together superbly.

Starting off the month off with the 1960's Gillette Slim Twist which was my first ever vintage Gillette DE razor passed on to me by a friend of the family when I first started out. Maiden combined face & head shave with the Gillette Slim. The Chinese Super Gillette Blue was a good match for the mild, yet efficient slim twist feeling comfortable smooth & efficient.

Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Creightons Sensitive PSB.

My face & precious swede are feeling smooth & smelling divine.;)

Keep safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom