SOTD: Saturday 31 August - Friday 06 September 2024.

SOTD: 31st August 2024.

5.jpg

Shaving Recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Bulldog Peppermint & Eucalyptus Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face & head.
Cien PURE Fragrance Free Sensitive Bar Soap.
Brush: Omega 10066.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl: Tesco's Ceramic 'Cosmo' Side Bowl.
Lather: Haslinger Aloe Vera Shaving Soap.
Blade:Treet Dura Sharp (Carbon) Yellow/Red pack. (D1)
Razor: 1940's Fat Handle Gillette Flat Bottom Tech. (ENG)

Cold Water Face & Head Rinse./Cold water face & Head wash with brush squeezing's,/Alum Rub./Cold Water Rinse./Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.5 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With Care+Witch Hazel./P&G Old Spice Hawkridge ASL./Creightons Sensitive PSB.

Greetings,

(Face & Head Shave)

Last Combined face & head shave of the month. Everything in my shave set up this morning paired together superbly.

My September focus I'll be using my Slant, SE & Adjustable razors.

Another close comfortable face & head shave with no errors to report.

Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Creightons Sensitive PSB.

My face & precious swede are feeling smooth and smelling divine.;)

Stay safe, and enjoy the start of the weekend ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Last edited:
31/08/24
Pre - Sainsbury's Luxury Soap Fig and Jasmine
Brush - Vintage Culmak Junior - 21mm Silvertip
Soap - Martin De Candre Fougère
Razor - Blutt BR1 - 0.86
Blade - Personna Med Prep
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Tonyschin's Lime E45 / Argan oil Balm
A/S - Mäurer & Wirtz 4711 Jasmine
Wk36 (1).jpg
A wonderful shave to finish MDC month, the Blutt ticks all the boxes on my razor "wants" list.
Here's looking forward to SEptember.
Enjoy your day all.
Phone just updated.
1000015932.jpg

Last edited:
Today's shave:

rdt240831.jpg

- Stirling Weekend In Malibu
- Shavemac/Proraso
- Edwin Jagger DE81 with ASP blade
- Isana Dark Ocean aftershave

:D

SOTD 31-Aug-24
31-Aug SOTD.jpg
Brush: Zenith - Unbleached Bristle 506U
Soap: House of Mammoth - Beloved
Razor: Henckels - Friodur 17

So ends Austere August, 31 days using the same hardware and software. To think of this as a challenge is quite funny considering there are millions that do it year on year. But with so many options in the den it is a tough one, it's like Netflix, so many options you spend too much time browsing! - not the best analogy but you get my drift.

This year I took a zenith unbleached from box to end, no break in allowed just straight to the mush. After a few days of lather hogging it eventually got into line and has gone from strength to strength!

The Friodur blades really do dispel the stigma around SS straights. If they're made well then can be excellent shavers and this 17 is no exception. Problem is this has just encouraged me further to try and get my hands on a 14.

The software was a good choice, HoM is excellent gear, I'm looking forward to a few heavier hitters in the coming weeks as I do find HoM to be a little subtle at times, still no regrets!

Now however I am free to flit between everything in the den and never use anything up, whilst stupidly adding to it as well...sigh.

Have a grand day all.

Cheers

Marc

Last edited:
PXL_20240831_093331890.PORTRAIT~2.jpg
pretty close to perfect aggression for me on this lord razor. lovely shave. smooth and comfortable and no irritation or alum or aftershave sting. really enjoyable all round. it's the first chilly morning in a while but still really sunny so nice weather to walk in.

I've been sticking with the same setup apart from the razor for a while now so getting to the end of this soap now. maybe another week or so left.

Back
Top Bottom