SOTD: Saturday 31 August - Friday 06 September 2024.

1000010372.jpg

My Shave today consisted of...
Prep 3P Pre shavecream.
Brush Cyclotrade X.
Soap Cowboy up.
Razor Blackland Sabre V2 lvl 4.
Blade Gem (5).
Post shave 3P cream
Aftershave St johns Bay Rum cooooorrr.

I opted for the lvl 4 plate because why the hell not? I have tried the others.
I didn't really enjoy it, I felt nipping either my skin or stubble catching somehow.
I can't really put my finger on what other than there were a few O's and removing the razor from my face.
Probably a technique issue but what I can say it all the levels have their own shaving experience and not just a gimmick.
I will go back to lvl 3 as it gave me the best shave out of them all.

Enjoy the night everyone.

Johnny Bravo Do The Monkey With Me GIF

It's a God. They need time, patience, kid gloves and a prayer does help. The proprietary coated black is actually the mildest (!?) of the bunch with the stainless and polished version being born of evil. And if you think the B1 is a bad boy just don't go near the Tech. As someone said, 'a slashers tool'

B1's though, I just love everything about them
I love mine it’s a pussy cat

It's a God. They need time, patience, kid gloves and a prayer does help. The proprietary coated black is actually the mildest (!?) of the bunch with the stainless and polished version being born of evil. And if you think the B1 is a bad boy just don't go near the Tech. As someone said, 'a slashers tool'

B1's though, I just love everything about them
I have an iKon Tek, which I use very carefully and with a steady hand.

hY69a5Z.jpg

SOTD: 1st September 2024.

6.jpg

Shaving Recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Bulldog Peppermint & Eucalyptus Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Cien PURE Fragrance Free Sensitive Bar Soap.
Brush: Omega 11137.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl: Tesco's Ceramic 'Cosmo' Side Bowl.
Lather: HWF (No.1)Lanolin Shaving Soap with Cedarwood & Patchouli.
Blade: Personna PTFE SS. (D1)
Razor: Gem Featherweight. Pre-1954.

Cold Water Face Rinse./Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, /Alum Rub./Cold Water Rinse./Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.5 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With Care+Witch Hazel./Pashana Original ASL/ Baylis & Harding Amber & Sandalwood ASB.

Greetings,

Relaxing Sunday Morning Shave.

A wonderful performance from the Gem Featherweight...The fresh Personna PTFE SS blade cut through my stubble with effortless ease.

A great shave to start September off on a high note.

Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Baylis & Harding Amber & Sandalwood ASB.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling divine.;)

Keep safe and enjoy your Sunday ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Sun 1st September

Aleppo soap-Shave pre wash
Cyril Salter- MS Ed2band
Cyril Salter Solid soap
Asylum Injector
Schick Proline ( 3 )
Pitralon Polar A/S Lotion

On the move today, but early enough for a leisurely Shave, rushing never works. After a quick Shower, hope to get a clear run via M25/Tunnel to visit son living North of The Thames. That should be OK but The North Circular can be fun.

IMG_0415.jpeg

01/09/24
Signature SEptember
Pre - Sainsbury's Luxury Soap Fig and Jasmine
Brush - Simpson Duke 3 Best Badger
Soap - Signature Soap Coria
Razor - Blackland Sabre V1 - L1 / Blackland Sabre V2 - L2
Blade - GEM PTFE S/S
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Tonyschin's Lime E45 / Argan oil Balm
A/S - Mäurer & Wirtz 4711 Rose
Wk36 (2).jpgWk36 (2a).jpg
During this years SEptember i will also give my Signature soaps a run out for the month.
The plan was to use the L1 Sabre, however, since the New Sabre turned up yesterday i thought i would do a quick side by side shave.
In the hand i like the feel of both razors, i do like the new handle on the V2, the V2 also feels lighter and has a bit more blade reveal.
So after a very nice face lather i was ready to go.
I started with the V1 on the LH side in a WTG pass, as i got to my cheeks i was thinking, "bloody hell this feels aggressive today" and checked the head?
Now then, i have to admit i was a bit of a plonker due to my eagerness to get started, i had concentrated on the set up of the V2 so had not fully nipped up the V1. Once that was sorted it was back to normal L1 service,
Onto the V2 on the RH side, from the off the new V2 has a bit more blade feel than the V1 although it is very manageable. The XTG pass both razors felt very similar reduced the stubble very well. There was not a lot left for the ATG pass and i felt again the new version was a touch more efficient than the old, it could also be familiarity with the old and angle finding with the new, both will get a few run outs this month.
Enjoy your day all.

Last edited:
Sunday 1 September
Meteorological start of Autumn, but as we know nature doesn’t work to a strict schedule so expect continuation of the warmer weather into October. No, of course I can’t predict the future but hey, my guess is as good as anybody’s.
I finally landed on the perfect combination for the OREN, 3 dot cap and Feather Pro Guard. Don’t try anything else, it’s simply the best.
RazoRock Stallion like a lot of their soaps tends to lather on the watery side but I find those often more comfortable than a thick creamy soap which can dry quickly.
BBs in two passes plus pick ups then a splash of Ralph’s Polo Sport and then ready for my :coffee: .
Have a wonderful day fellas!

IMG_0768.jpeg

House of Mammoth ‘Hygge’
HSC Erskine 150
Geo. Butler 5/8ths extra hollow ground
Bulldog moisturiser
Myrugia Agua de Colonia 1916

A slow leisurely shave on a gloomy overcast September morning, the result was a joy despite the gloom. A smooth face from the slick great performing citrus and oak moss soap and Great-Grand dad’s razor. How many of you shave with your Dad’s or Grand dad’s razors?

Sun 1st with Razor gifted by @Johnny Bravo much thanks! Words cannot express how grateful I feel...
Soap CBL Tonsorial Cigar Shop Hombre
Aftershave Clubman Cognac Neat
Brush Yaqi 24mm Cavern Lake
Razor P.L. Schmidt Elberfeld 1st Use
It's a nice, aromatic soap with a creamy & slick lather whipped up with an excellent brush. It matched well with the splash.
This razor, among the 2 just received, was tested to have an edge...passable ttt & hht. So, put it through my trusted diamond-pasted balsa, HBA & the roo leather combination, and the edge positively passed the ttt & hht feeling buttery smooth, crisp, and awesome! Thanks again, Mark!!
20240901_125826.jpg

Last edited:
SOTD 01-Sep-24
1000036372.jpg
Brush: Simpson - 'Chubby 2' SiLVERTiP
Razor: Blackland - Sabre V2 L4
Blade: Personna - GEM PTFE
Soap: Westman Shaving - Dark Man

Now I almost didn't buy this Sabre, the handle shape had put me off, but the refinements that Shane did following feedback certainly improves the looks and the feel of the razor in hand is good, so it obviously didn't impact it negatively. I'm a little concerned about the longevity of the magnet seating considering there's been a mention of magnets coming loose, but time will tell.

So on to the shave itself...

Opted for the L4 out the gates with a two pass, WTG/ATG, as standard. What struck me on the first pass is just how smooth it is, even on the L4. I could have stopped after the first pass with a couple of pickups but carried on.

The ATG pass wasn't quite as smooth, but very efficient. I must have had a bit of a hiccup with my angles though, as once I'd finished I had a couple of spots of claret showing. Didn't feel anything and it stopped with a quick dab of tissue so no great drama. Slap on the AS and surprisingly only a slight tingle. Considering this is a fresh blade and that I had clearly caught myself a little I was expecting a blazing inferno.

I'll give the L4 another couple of runs which will allow the blade to bed in, but initial impressions are good. It doesn't have the manoeverability of the Vestige (which I would liken more to the Vector), but it seems to be a little more so than the original Sabre L2, so it's no slouch. I suspect the L3 may be a daily for me, but we shall see when I get to it.

Hope everyone has a grand one.

Cheers

Marc

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom