SOTD: Saturday 31 August - Friday 06 September 2024.

04/09/24
Signature September
Pre - Sainsbury's Luxury Soap Fig and Jasmine
Brush - Vintage Culmak Plus - Mühle 23mm Classic Silvertip
Soap - Signature Soap Valentia
Razor - Gillette Slim Adjustable H3 "Travel set"
Blade - Vintage Perma-sharp Supreme
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Tonyschin's Lime E45 / Argan oil Balm
A/S - Aramis Tuscany EDT
View attachment 124829View attachment 124830
A break from SEptember for my Birthday shave with my Birthyear Slim (Well it has to be done really).
I do enjoy using this Travel Set and today was no exception, a crackin' shave today starting with a wonderful lather mixed up with the re-knotted Vintage Culmak and the Brilliant Signature soap. A great post shave finishing with a nice splash of Tuscany, a real special splash for both Mrs TC and myself.
We should have a good day out today ending with a nice restaurant meal.
Enjoy your day all.
Belated Birthday wishes
04/09/24
Signature September
Pre - Sainsbury's Luxury Soap Fig and Jasmine
Brush - Vintage Culmak Plus - Mühle 23mm Classic Silvertip
Soap - Signature Soap Valentia
Razor - Gillette Slim Adjustable H3 "Travel set"
Blade - Vintage Perma-sharp Supreme
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Tonyschin's Lime E45 / Argan oil Balm
A/S - Aramis Tuscany EDT
View attachment 124829View attachment 124830
A break from SEptember for my Birthday shave with my Birthyear Slim (Well it has to be done really).
I do enjoy using this Travel Set and today was no exception, a crackin' shave today starting with a wonderful lather mixed up with the re-knotted Vintage Culmak and the Brilliant Signature soap. A great post shave finishing with a nice splash of Tuscany, a real special splash for both Mrs TC and myself.
We should have a good day out today ending with a nice restaurant meal.
Enjoy your day all.
Belated birthday wishes @tony’schin

4/9/24

42nd Birthday Shave

Soap - Valobra
Brush - Highlander TSR LE
Razor - Gillette BE Tech USA
Blade - Gillette New Chromium Edge (5)
AS - Brut Original

Like with the fine gent, Tony @Tony'schin I'm also celebrating my birthday today. A fantastic day so far, I ate some pasta for lunch. Everyone likes pasta right? Who doesn't like it? Monsters I tell you. Monsters. Sitting in their dark kitchens and dining rooms, munching on their cold crunchy turnips.

What else did I do today?

I also got one of those chocolate filled doughnuts from Lidl.

Pasta and a doughnut? Yeah, that's me, a life of decadence.

For my birthday shave, I used the stick of Valobra Paul @Blademonkey sent me, what a glorious lather. I've got quite a few bits and pieces of premium shaving soaps that I largely neglect, I'm going to be using them more now. With their tallow goodness, my chubby brown face will be as soft as one of the soft fluffy bread rolls you can buy in Lidl. and as smooth as erm, I'm trying to think of something smooth, maybe as smooth as as the outside of a Dime bar (smooth on the outside, crunchy on the inside).

Have a good day gents.

View attachment 124857
@donnie_arko belated birthday wishes

SOTD Fri 6 Sep 2024

After Thursday, it’s Friday, shave
E24C6D29-D2D8-4834-A5B4-98D997917784.jpeg
DSCosmetic green bowl
Wilkinson Sword shaving soap
Omega 10065 boar brush
Merkur 34C razor
Gillette Nacet blade
Homemade splash (witch hazel and essential oils)
Forest Fresh ASL
Nivea Sensitive PSB
‘Rennie’ the still ever present rubber duck

I have found that if I use the little Merkur and stick to one pass and tidy ups, then I can shave every day - so occasionally I do, just because! Thought I’d try a hard soap with my new Omega and it all worked very well, not one of my favourite soaps but okay now and again. Nice shave, nice and smooth, nice smelling, all very nice! Bit ‘nice’ though!

It's a Friday. It's not 5 to 5 and it's certainly not cracker Jack. But it is that time of the week for me to say, as my final entry for this past week of SOTD's I am destined (by the lore of the board for theming things) to give you my shave themed, 'Ado Ado Ado and other great ABBA songs'.

So with any further adoing and more doing.....

Or was it 'I do I do I do? Those words which only need to be said once in witness of a registrar, and you are bollocked for the rest of your life.

'Whatever. Just bloody get on with it!'

20240906_181239.jpg

Gimme gimme gimme - Lambda Athena
The name of the blade - Polsilver Lodz
Dancing brush - AP Shave 24mm Cashmere
Lay all your soap on me - ADP Collezione
Mamma moisturiser - Oil of Ulay
Does your mother know (you steal her perfume) - Goutal Eau De Monsieur

'I'm learning how to blow from these well experienced ladies'

After praising the Timeless bronze so much of recent, I thought I'd have a shot with my other bronze (or whatever it is) in the Athena. Brilliant. That is it.

It is the last day of the week and it just has to be puffyshoes. Thank you for the music ...... if that is what you can call it.......

And yes I do

Love you all

And by the way it was 'I do, I do, I do, I do, I do'

You pillock

Pre - CeraVe soap & Proraso Blue
Razor - Fatip Originale Grande
Blade - Wizamet Iridium
Brush - Zenith Boar 505RC XSE 26mm
Soap - D R Harris Windsor

Some success with lather remaining for the second pass. Will update the relevant thread.

View attachment 124978
Forgot to mention that I was really impressed with the Wizamet Iridium Blade - very smooth and sharp - was perfect partner for the Fatip. Along with the DR Harris soap this was a great combo and an excellent shave.

Back
Top Bottom