SOTD: Saturday 31 August - Friday 06 September 2024.

31 August

Wickham 1912 Magnum
Plisson synthetic
Rex Ambassador (6/3)
Treet Platinum
Village Barber balm

855BA839-A1D8-4C09-9461-DEB3BC0A1BF2.jpeg
That was a first. I have never used the Ambassador set on 6 before. First pass on 6 (maximum), plenty of blade feel, very light touch and no damage, fortunately. I lost my bottle for the second pass and reset the razor to a more acceptable 3. But, it was not the closest shave ever, in fact I don’t think it was as close as yesterday and I really needed the Village Barber balm. Odd! Not the reward for the risk I expected.

Ikon B1 - this thing is a weapon and I don't have a licence. I will have to let go of this one

It's a God. They need time, patience, kid gloves and a prayer does help. The proprietary coated black is actually the mildest (!?) of the bunch with the stainless and polished version being born of evil. And if you think the B1 is a bad boy just don't go near the Tech. As someone said, 'a slashers tool'

B1's though, I just love everything about them

Saturday 31st August

AP1GczPypR9XncQpm7KlDnBHgFoy1jdZ_wfvJ12BXCFo8_xjL28laItrY2kMOvQh3CwbPgRbBlWeJe75yKV70aWfI74g3ZxXhRgcKyWUq2Bqu0eMTA4JY6U3-JneU6KS4kn8arewRUukJxBbuV9psi6zUxnVbw=w800

Captain Foxtrott Scapicchio Shaving Soap & Vie-Long American Style w/Haryali Synthetic 22mm
Gillette Sensor Excel & Gillette Sensor Excel (Vintage) Cartridge (7)#
Floid (Black) Aftershave

Back
Top Bottom