SOTD: Saturday 31 August - Friday 06 September 2024.

20240905_172537~2.jpg

My Shave today consisted of...
Prep 3P Pre shavecream.
Brush Shave Factory Omega Boar.
Soap Soap Commander Vision.
Bowl Captains choice Obsidian Copper.
Razors Leaf & Blackland Dart.
Blade Polsilver (2).
Post shave 3P cream
Aftershave St johns Bay Rum cooooorrr.

A warm day today makes a change as my day off usually brings rain.

I whipped up a real creamy lather using a sample sent from @semajohn.
Ice Cream Snow GIF by Instacart

I put in half the sample but it was way too much so next time I will use a third, it creates a lovely cushion on the face but the scent for me is very subtle, I like mine to be power houses.
If you like subtle and class then this is a soap you should try.

The Dart once again just shined.
it burns rainbow brite GIF

Giving me a fantastic two pass shave, each shave delivers and I'm even baby smooth in the bottom corners of my mouth and under the bottom lip.

The Dart and I are great friends.
new girl fist bump GIF

A quick finish off with the Bay rum and blimey I become the human torch for 10 mins waiting for the flames to abate whilst smiling like a Cheshire cat.
Happy Cheshire Cat GIF

Enjoy the evening folkes.

Johnny Bravo Do The Monkey With Me GIF

SOTD Thu 5 Sep 2024

Is it Thursday already, shave
E3700215-38FD-4324-AD04-3CF802288A83.jpeg
DSCosmetic green bowl
Erasmic shaving soap
Omega 10065 boar brush (green)
Merkur 34C razor
Gillette Nacet blade
Homemade splash (witch hazel and essential oils)
Forest Fresh ASL
Nivea Sensitive PSB
‘Rennie’ the ever present rubber duck

Horrible weather today, but great shave! Tried the Erasmic soap again, not half bad, not great but better than ok, much prefer this croap (made in UK) to the sloppy cream (made in China) which I can never get to lather properly (don’t have that problem with the Nivea Sensitive Pro cream which has similar consistency!) New Omega brush arrived today, messed about with it most of the afternoon. Wash, soak, rub dry, wash again, soak again etc, finally got fed up with this and just used it! Very nice, smelled a bit ‘funky piggy’ to start but now smells more Erasmic with a touch of funk (not sure if this is better or not!) Nice little brush though, very like my 10049 but a bit more manoeuvrable. Excellent end result, very smooth and smelling nice.

04/09/24
Signature September
Pre - Sainsbury's Luxury Soap Fig and Jasmine
Brush - Vintage Culmak Plus - Mühle 23mm Classic Silvertip
Soap - Signature Soap Valentia
Razor - Gillette Slim Adjustable H3 "Travel set"
Blade - Vintage Perma-sharp Supreme
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Tonyschin's Lime E45 / Argan oil Balm
A/S - Aramis Tuscany EDT
View attachment 124829View attachment 124830
A break from SEptember for my Birthday shave with my Birthyear Slim (Well it has to be done really).
I do enjoy using this Travel Set and today was no exception, a crackin' shave today starting with a wonderful lather mixed up with the re-knotted Vintage Culmak and the Brilliant Signature soap. A great post shave finishing with a nice splash of Tuscany, a real special splash for both Mrs TC and myself.
We should have a good day out today ending with a nice restaurant meal.
Enjoy your day all.

4/9/24

42nd Birthday Shave

Soap - Valobra
Brush - Highlander TSR LE
Razor - Gillette BE Tech USA
Blade - Gillette New Chromium Edge (5)
AS - Brut Original

Like with the fine gent, Tony @Tony'schin I'm also celebrating my birthday today. A fantastic day so far, I ate some pasta for lunch. Everyone likes pasta right? Who doesn't like it? Monsters I tell you. Monsters. Sitting in their dark kitchens and dining rooms, munching on their cold crunchy turnips.

What else did I do today?

I also got one of those chocolate filled doughnuts from Lidl.

Pasta and a doughnut? Yeah, that's me, a life of decadence.

For my birthday shave, I used the stick of Valobra Paul @Blademonkey sent me, what a glorious lather. I've got quite a few bits and pieces of premium shaving soaps that I largely neglect, I'm going to be using them more now. With their tallow goodness, my chubby brown face will be as soft as one of the soft fluffy bread rolls you can buy in Lidl. and as smooth as erm, I'm trying to think of something smooth, maybe as smooth as as the outside of a Dime bar (smooth on the outside, crunchy on the inside).

Have a good day gents.

View attachment 124857
w4hzYp6.gif

SOTD 06-Sep-24
1000036940.jpg
Brush: Wald - 'Deep Sea' A1
Soap: Chicago Groomin Co. - AG 1889
Razor: Blackland - Sabre V2 L3
Blade: Personna - GEM PTFE

Nothing to bother comparing against, I've said what I think of this Sabre V2, and it's decent. This L3 is roughly my speed, which led to a comfortable and close finish.

I still haven't got around to the L1 but I suspect it's not going to be too my taste and I really want to try the konsul!

Happy Friday shaves all, have a good one all.

Cheers

Marc

A Thursday evening's shave which comes complete with the theme, 'A quick one in the back entry'

20240905_164836.jpg

Quick step - Timeless bronze
Be quick or be dead - Feather
Quick as flash - Highlander TSR LE 2023
The quick brown fox etc etc - Proraso soap
Quick sand - L'Occitane Cade balm
This alley okay? - Goutal Eau D'Hadrien

'5 minutes you said. And look where it has lead me?'

The more I use this bronze, the more it is growing on me. In due consideration that the only things which isually grow on me are bacteria cultures and fungi, this is quite some achievement.

In all honesty there is something about using the Timeless which really appeals to me. Mild is a definite, but not overly mild like an 89 or the AS-D2, more an efficient mild. My skin loves it and the results say it all. Probably my shaving purchase of the year. 3 months to my SPOTTY awards and we shall see how much of my blackened heart it manages to capture.

Another great shave resulting in Satanic happiness. The Goutal? Another great BST purchase.

I shall leave you some more of those tsushimamire and their brilliant Jaguar

Back
Top Bottom