SOTD: Saturday 31 August - Friday 06 September 2024.

PXL_20240906_095550469.PORTRAIT~4.jpg

this soap has lasted another week but only just. getting harder to load from now. surely just a few more shaves left.

PXL_20240906_095846654.PORTRAIT~3.jpg

lovely, close shave and just a tiny bit of aftershave sting. more of a nice feeling, warm, tingling that immediately faded. took a bit more care and attention during the shave but it's nice to use a more aggressive razor after a few R89 shaves.

06/09/24
Signature SEptember
Pre - Sainsbury's Luxury Soap Fig and Jasmine
Brush - Alpha Outlaw Titanium V1 Synth
Soap - Signature Soap Leodis
Razor - ES Claymore V1
Blade - Schick Proline PB 30
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Tonyschin's Lime E45 / Argan oil Balm
A/S - Mäurer & Wirtz 4711 Rose
Wk36 (6).jpg
A later shave than usual which meant more stubble for the Claymore to go at. Another very reliable, excellent lather from the Signature soaps is just what the chin needed as prep. The Scottish heavyweight was fitted with the Schick PB and away i went.
This razor/blade combo was very nice, I completed a full 3 pass shave and i am left with a glass smooth, comfortable finish.
A nice post shave setting me up for a curry night with the lads.
Enjoy your evening all.

4/9/24

42nd Birthday Shave

Soap - Valobra
Brush - Highlander TSR LE
Razor - Gillette BE Tech USA
Blade - Gillette New Chromium Edge (5)
AS - Brut Original

Like with the fine gent, Tony @Tony'schin I'm also celebrating my birthday today. A fantastic day so far, I ate some pasta for lunch. Everyone likes pasta right? Who doesn't like it? Monsters I tell you. Monsters. Sitting in their dark kitchens and dining rooms, munching on their cold crunchy turnips.

What else did I do today?

I also got one of those chocolate filled doughnuts from Lidl.

Pasta and a doughnut? Yeah, that's me, a life of decadence.

For my birthday shave, I used the stick of Valobra Paul @Blademonkey sent me, what a glorious lather. I've got quite a few bits and pieces of premium shaving soaps that I largely neglect, I'm going to be using them more now. With their tallow goodness, my chubby brown face will be as soft as one of the soft fluffy bread rolls you can buy in Lidl. and as smooth as erm, I'm trying to think of something smooth, maybe as smooth as as the outside of a Dime bar (smooth on the outside, crunchy on the inside).

Have a good day gents.

View attachment 124857
Belated happy birthday!

04/09/24
Signature September
Pre - Sainsbury's Luxury Soap Fig and Jasmine
Brush - Vintage Culmak Plus - Mühle 23mm Classic Silvertip
Soap - Signature Soap Valentia
Razor - Gillette Slim Adjustable H3 "Travel set"
Blade - Vintage Perma-sharp Supreme
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Tonyschin's Lime E45 / Argan oil Balm
A/S - Aramis Tuscany EDT
View attachment 124829View attachment 124830
A break from SEptember for my Birthday shave with my Birthyear Slim (Well it has to be done really).
I do enjoy using this Travel Set and today was no exception, a crackin' shave today starting with a wonderful lather mixed up with the re-knotted Vintage Culmak and the Brilliant Signature soap. A great post shave finishing with a nice splash of Tuscany, a real special splash for both Mrs TC and myself.
We should have a good day out today ending with a nice restaurant meal.
Enjoy your day all.
A belated Happy birthday!

SEptember

Friday 6th September

AP1GczNM3GobjDEO6QfjAOpRwPWEBF_W87Jg9dAwle-qdXyE5VA28xY7Ww5im1IIeTeEBJzs4mk6zqHDsX2DX_BOAhOGMN0fWg83BAvCRi1LADliKmbjyNZJYdv3Nnj66egy4RfM8R00nQYHD6g14Suvbq0Xpg=w800

Art of Shaving Sandalwood (Vintage) Shaving Soap & Muhle Classic Silvertip Fibre 23mm
Ever-Ready Streamline (1950s) & GEM by Personna Stainless (5)
Pashana Original Aftershave

... same again.

Fifth shave on the blade and I think it's at that perfect point of now super-smooth while still being super-sharp. 10/10

Have a great weekend, folks!

20240906_204736.jpg

My Shave today consisted of...
Prep 3P Pre shavecream.
Brush Cadman Cashmere.
Soap Executive Shaving Fresh Mint.
Razor Blackland Sabre V2 lvl2.
Blade Gem (3).
Post Executive Shaving Fresh Mint balm.

Stepping away from this razor a few days really did the trick.
I did a 3 pass shave and I am now left with a more than acceptable shave, pretty darn good really.
I am happy with that result and would rather get my technique right before trying to get a glass smooth finish.
It's a real shame Executive Shaving closed as I like the Shaving cream.
I am now a happy bunny and enjoy the night everyone.

Johnny Bravo Do The Monkey With Me GIF

Back
Top Bottom