SOTD : Saturday 5th May - Friday 11th May 2018.

@Digimonkey the razor head they sent me is what they are calling the Charcol razor but the one I got is chrome when i used it I also put it on a heavy handle the bulldog and it was good , I really like my highmountain brush its great iv only used it about 4 times so far and it feels super soft softer than my simpsons best badger brushes gald you like yours , I didn't buy the moka brush but I did order another synthetic haha I couldn't resist :D

@Digimonkey the razor head they sent me is what they are calling the Charcol razor but the one I got is chrome when i used it I also put it on a heavy handle the bulldog and it was good , I really like my highmountain brush its great iv only used it about 4 times so far and it feels super soft softer than my simpsons best badger brushes gald you like yours , I didn't buy the moka brush but I did order another synthetic haha I couldn't resist :D

I can't see anything on their site that resembles the head they sent me. I can only compare it to the Shavecraft 103 head I own. As said before it works for me - at the price - and now understanding how easy it is to order from them - I may well go for one of the double open combs. Thanks for the tip about the brush - as previously mentioned - it's unlike any knot I have used before. It's only going to get better. The 2 band Moka is even bigger! Yours - I.

5cc0774965ee59199390ea37095c7d35.jpg

Gartbnx....

SOTD: 6th May 2018.

22.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Hot shower:/ Nivea Men ~ Cool Kick Shower Gel.

Pre:

warm wet flannel to my face.

Wilkinsons Fruits ~ Rhubarb & Vanilla Body Butter.

Brush: omega 10049.

Face Lather.

Soap : Nivea Men ~ Shaving stick .

Blade: Gillette 7o'Clock ~ Sharp-Edge.(2)

Razor: Parker 65R.

Warm wet flannel/ cold wet flannel to rinse my face.

Alum Block./Cold Water Face Rinse./ Homemade Lime, Lemon+Peppermint Oil Witch Hazel Mixture./ Nivea Men ~ Body Shaving Anti-Irritation A/S Lotion.

Nivea Men ~ 2 Phase A/S Lotion.

Greetings,

A nice relaxing nivea~men shaving product themed sunday morning 3 pass + pick ups silky smooth shave with no errors to report.

Maiden shave with the nivea shave shave stick..the verdict?, in a nutshell it created a very good protective lather, but i have to be honest, it's performance was no better than my humble arko derby or palmolive classic shave stick, which cost a fraction of the price, don't get me wrong it's performance was very good indeed, maybe i was expecting something more elaborate?..would i purchase another one? no, for the simple fact i have anough shave sticks to last me for a while,a couple of years if the truth was known, however i will continue to add it to my soap rotation.

Since i ventured in to the wonderful world of traditional wet shaving i've added 8 parker razors to my shaving den, i find the 3 piece range are more efficient than the TTO range, that's not to say the TTO range don't perform better, both types will always be firm favourites of mine.
The 48r/gillette sharpedge duo, matched together superbly,the russian made gillette sharpedge, are my number '1 favourite blade', and a close second are the wonderful Indian made Gillette Wilkinson sword Saloon Pack, both blades have gave me consistantly irritation -free, silky smooth shaves every time i've shaved with them..Superb!

Finishing the shave off with a generous splash of nivea men~ 2 phase a/s lotion.

My face is irritation free & super smooth.;)

Enjoy your sunday, ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Last edited:
Sotd - Saturday - 5/5-18

View attachment 35325

Razor - Yaqi open comb on a Rockwell handle
blade - Gillette Nacet (1)
brush - Yaqi 24mm Aqua High mountain silvertip
soap - Wickham Citrus Musk
post - witch hazel
a/s - Myrsol Limon
balm - Bart's Bergamot and Vanilla
scent - Musgo Real Orange Amber cologne.

Result - nice - very nice

A knock at the door this morning - my two new Yaqi brushes! I must say that I'm impressed with dealing with the company. Ordered from China on the 28th of April - PayPal - arrived today - no hassle - tracked throughout. I need not have been anxious about the customs thing - the parcel I got today was sent on from a UK address. Feltham - wherever the f**k that may be. I guess they, Yaqi have a UK distribution point? The packaging was minimal - just cardboard - which is good. Two new badgers - first off the rank the Aqua High Mountain 24mm - it's a beautiful thing indeed. It's bigger than I expected for a 24mm knot - and that was before I got it wet. I was impatient enough to not bother with any prep on the knot - I soaked it and there was no 'dead wet dog by the fire' smell from it - if there had been I would have shampooed it - so just got stuck in. It's the first brush I own with the designation 'high mountain silvertip,' - I'm not a 100% sure what that means? Unfortunately there is no universal standard for the grading of badger hair. In my experience Simpsons best can be way better than others silvertip. Straight out the box I loved it - it was almost floppy but stopped short of that - a slight scritch to the knot perhaps - I think that will go with use but even if it doesn't that won't bother me. I like a bit of scritch. Face latherers will understand this. I've never used a brush quite like it - it lathered like a bas***d - the soap sitting high up in the knot - as it should. No lather hogging going on here. Didn't lose a hair. Fantastic for me - especially at £34.50 delivered. I'm impressed.
@AnthH - yes mate they did send me a free razor head - I don't know what you got but it was a open short comb sort of thing - why look a gift razor in the mouth I thought and used it. This head took me aback - it was superb. Certainly an assertive little fellow - but it gave me a wonderful shave - used with care. It's very light so I stuck it on a heavy handle - which worked for me. BBS in two passes - helped along the way with superior software. So - job done - a happy shaver - and I have another Yaqi brush - the two band Moka - to look forward to using. Yours - one and all - I.
Great write up as usual Iain. Interestingly, Feltham is the site of an infamous Young Offenders Institution in West London. Perhaps it has a particularly good prison workshop.

Sun 6th May

Omega 11137
Tabac soap
Schick Type F
Schick S/S single Japan [ 7 ]
Tabac A/S Lotion

I had a leisurely Sunday morning Shave , with what despite a few outings is becoming my favourite Injector.
Apart from looks and tactile feel it performs very well , and I am able to work against the grain in areas where I cannot go with other Razors.
Needless to say the Shave was not only good, but high in the "Face Stroking" category. Just wonder how long this blade will go before a change is needed , hope it performs like the Twin and then it may justify the expense.

IMG_0359.jpg

Last edited:
image.jpg ~SOTD~

prep ~ Shower, Valbora Tallow Soap
Razor ~ CR - General Brass
Blade ~ Feather Pro Super
Soap ~ Panama 1924 ~ Boellis
Brush ~ Omega Boar 011829
Post ~ Panama 1924 Aftershave Gel ~ Boellis
Scent ~ Panama 1924 edt ~ Boellis

A super shave, no better way to start a sunny Sunday.

Wishing you all a relaxing Sunday....P.

Last edited:
Pre: Warm water face wash
Brush: Omega 20102 Boar
Soap: Tabac
Razor: Tatara Masamune (Pass Around)
Blade: Polsilver Lodz
IMG_20180506_083502.jpg
This is a stunning razor and is nicely balanced.
The blade is held very securely and thanks to the clever design, blade exposure will always be even.
It's early days but I think this would be a bit mild as a daily driver as I had to go over the wiry grey hairs quite a few times.
Three passes and pick ups to get me where the 1924 got me in one and a half yesterday.
It is very nimble and a pleasure to use and did I say it was stunning?

For some reason this tune pops into my head every time I think of this razor:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom