SOTD : Saturday 5th May - Friday 11th May 2018.

Sunday 6th May
Cadman Custom
OSP Bay Rum
Ever Ready 1924
Rocnel Handle
GEM SSC #7
Alum Wash
BigBoar's No4 Bay Rum
Lacura Body Moisturiser
y7DKT0O.jpg

The 1924 really lends itself to a longer modern handle. It just looks good, plus, as always produced a great audible shave.
A lovely shave and another lovely day to go with it.

SOTD - Sunday 06 May 2018

SOTD_20180506.jpg

• Safety Razor: Wolfman Razors - WR1 .67 OC WRH2 polished handle
  • Blade: Polsilver - Super Iridium
  • Shaving Brush: Maseto Shaving - Extra Dense 30mm Ebony (Silvertip Badger)
  • Shaving Bowl: Saponificio Varesino - Shaving Grail Bowl
  • Shaving Cream: Truefitt & Hill - Sandalwood
  • After-Shave: Black Ship Grooming Co. - Captain Scurvy

Prep:
Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: DR Harris H3 Best Badger
Soap: Wholly Kaw Monaco Royale
Razor: Schick Injector Type G
Blade: Schick
Scent: Penhaligon's Castile EdT

First shave with a Type G Injector, on loan from a friend. First impressions - super-maneuverable, mild, smooth, and good feedback. Superlative lather again from the Wholly Kaw soap - it really is a top tier performer. I was at DFS after three passes, but with the residual slickness of the soap, was able to buff away happily until BBS.
Finished with the underrated Penhaligon's Castile - a beautiful citrus opening with some nicely blended rose coming into the equation, and drying down to subtle woods and musk.

First time posting in SOTD.....

Pre: Shower, Bulldog Face Wash
Soap: Wickhams 1912 Club Cola sample
Razor: EJ89 Lined Handle
Blade: Astra Green (4)
AS : Old Spice

2 Pass, 1WTG, 1XTG, lovely club cola for a hot day - fantastic scent, and did an excellent job on the lubrication / glide front too. Wickhams are becoming a favourite.
On a side note, my neck definitely does not like being shaved S to N, was experimenting with an XTG from S to N to see if it was better..... found my answer, NO!!
A comfortable(ish) shave.

Another first for me, shaved 6 days in a row!! NEVER done that before due to irritation etc. However, this week has felt good. Some excellent advice from you guys, and some new products / routine has worked wonders for me. You guys were right, Old Spice (my first aftershave) seems to be a great one (for me anyway).

Have a great Sunday, and enjoy your Bank Holidays !

Dan

First time posting in SOTD.....

Pre: Shower, Bulldog Face Wash
Soap: Wickhams 1912 Club Cola sample
Razor: EJ89 Lined Handle
Blade: Astra Green (4)
AS : Old Spice

2 Pass, 1WTG, 1XTG, lovely club cola for a hot day - fantastic scent, and did an excellent job on the lubrication / glide front too. Wickhams are becoming a favourite.
On a side note, my neck definitely does not like being shaved S to N, was experimenting with an XTG from S to N to see if it was better..... found my answer, NO!!
A comfortable(ish) shave.

Another first for me, shaved 6 days in a row!! NEVER done that before due to irritation etc. However, this week has felt good. Some excellent advice from you guys, and some new products / routine has worked wonders for me. You guys were right, Old Spice (my first aftershave) seems to be a great one (for me anyway).

Have a great Sunday, and enjoy your Bank Holidays !

Dan
Congratulations on your first SOTD post, hope to see many more. :) P.

euVnfxAx_o.jpg

Yaqi Sagrada Familia
Schick Krona
Wizamet SI (1)
Mondial Antica Barberia Original Citrus
Nivea 2 Phase & Marks and Spencers Collezione Classic

A great shave for me today, I feel this razor is better with a sharper blade, it was ok with the Treet Durasharp and excellent with this Wizamet. That said I do prefer other razors so this one is in the crosshairs of my transfer list. I like it but I prefer the shave of my Gillette Rocket.

A mild citrus soap today, it is very nice and made for a better lather scraping some off to load from my bowl as opposed to loading straight out of the tub.

Back
Top Bottom