SOTD: Saturday 6 July - Friday 12 July 2024.

Happy Birthday Mike

QUOTE="Mike Smart, post: 950739, member: 11101"]
Razor = Blackland Blackbird Ti
Blade = Gillette Nacet Golden Shave ( 2 )
Brush = Chisel & Hound V15 Adventure Series
Cream = Geo F Trumper Spanish Leather
with matching Splash & Balm.
View attachment 122527Birthday Shave for me today & it had to be my favourite Spanish Leather,
My favourite cream by a country mile.
Everything about it is first class with the scent being up there with the best.
The Brush is also a favourite although doesn’t get enough outings.
The Razor is borrowed from @Blademonkey and what a brilliant razor.
I’m going to use it a fair bit this week before handing it back but i have to say it’s superb.
it reminds me of my Ikon B1 in terms of aggression but it’s on my limit as a daily shaver,
In fact it’s a tad more aggressive than the B1.
For a while now iv been thinking about getting the SS Blackbird but by all accounts it’s maybe a bit on the aggressive side for me but the Ti version is spot on.
A big thank you to Paul for having the trust to loan me this wonderful razor & a big thanks to @Boycie83 for posting it out.
Overall this shave was a 10/10 bbs .
Enjoy the rest of the week
[/QUOTE]

SOTD Wed 10 Jul 2024

This shave struck a chord!

Palmolive Classic shaving cream
Yaqi 20mm synthetic brush
Merkur 34c razor
Racer Platinum Class blade
Homemade splash (witch hazel and essential oils)
E45 Moisturiser
Jeff&Co Fierce EDT

Very nice shave tonight, the little Merkur never fails to please and the new brush was outstanding with Palmolive cream. Tried something new for me using EDT as aftershave but on top of moisturiser, worked well and left my face feeling and smelling very smooth and fragrant.

Anyone interested in the uke?…
…it’s a Kala longneck soprano.

Last edited:
Happy birthday Mike, I'm pleased the shave was to your satisfaction.

Paul.

Belated birthday wishes...

Last edited:

SOTD: 11th July 2024.

Shaving Recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Cien Moisture Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Cien PURE Fragrance Free Sensitive Bar Soap.
Brush: Fine 24mm Synthetic.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl: Tesco's Ceramic 'Cosmo' Side Bowl.
Lather: Arko Maximum Comfort Shaving Cream.
Blade: Feather Hi Stainless. (D2)
Razor: 1970's Gillette Aluminium Handle Tech S4. (ENG)

Cold Water Face Rinse./Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, /Alum Rub./Cold Water Rinse./Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.5 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With Care+Witch Hazel./Gillette Blue ASL./Cien Men Sensitive ASB.

Greetings,

Early morning shave,

Another superb shave from the 70's Tech/Feather Hi Stainless duo. I will carry on with the Feather blade in my next weeks SOTD set ups.

A comfortable 2 pass + pick ups silky smooth shave with no errors to report.

Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Cien Men Sensitive ASB.

My face is feeling cool smooth & smelling divine.

Keep safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen.

SOTD 11-Jul

Brush: Wald J4
Soap: ZM The Master
Razor: Friodur 17

All done and dusted with the Atelier No. 7 passaround on ATG. A lovely razor which gave a great finish with the 0.7 and 1.1 (preferred) gap. The 1.5 was a bit much for me, lost a lot of the smoothness with little to no gain in efficiency.

So back to my normal efforts, though I'm revisiting my Frio razors over the next few days. Just to be sure which one is going to take me the full length of Austere August. I suspect this one but we shall see.

Have a grand one all!

Cheers

Marc

And two shaves with the common theme, 'Dutch caps and other ways of trying to prevent things from scoring'

Tuesday

Contraceptive razor ( eeek) - Tatara Nodachi
'And I will cut your facking Jacobs off'
Vasectomy blade - Wizzamet Super Iridium
Coitus interbrushus - Cadman 24mm Tuxedo
French tickler - MDC Fougere
Condom cream - Collagen
Hope prayer and perfume - Dior Homme
https://giphy.com/Md9bGwdYA4eeCJ7eyC 'And Mrs Satanfriendly chose the best method by running away'

And who'd want my children anyway?

A European Shaving Championship winning shave and a great team effort. No dubious penalties and an aggressive spirit. It also happened to be a pretty damn fine shave in amongst all the usual waffly crap.

Have some happy girlies...

Wednesday

Withdrawal razor - Muhle R89
Firing blanks blade - Polsilver Lodz
Brushinium interuptus - AP 24mm Cashmere
Hard cream - Signature Londinium
Love lube - L'Occitane Cade balm
Don't go there in the first place - Floris Limes

https://giphy.com/3oKIP6EtqjZYHTRx6w
'I never did'

A winning team any day of the week. Back to the basics and a bunch of early shaving loves which still perform excellently. More than can be said for me...

https://giphy.com/xTiQytlSJBBm8oWCIg
But I can dream of non-existent summers and Japanese girlies on the beach

Last edited:
Third shave with this Silver Star and it was dying on its second pass. Did three shaves (almost) and apart from a smidgen of roughness it's a very nice blade. Thanks to @Sandalwoody for letting me revisit them.
Final pass courtesy of a Gillette Contour.

Been wanting to try Old Spice Lime for a long time and finally bit the bullet on a full (or nearly full) bottle. Not sealed/boxed but the bottle's in excellent condition. This is vintage so I believe made between 1966-1990.
There is an indistinct citrus smell on top of the traditional Old Spice scent. Wouldn't say if I'd never smelt it before and went in blind that it was lime. The sweet cinnamon smell of old spice really comes out and as the aftershave sinks into the skin/evaporates there's a familiar powderiness and additional sweetness.
I like it.

Rating: 4.5 / 5

Razor: Neo Lux Schrägschnitt
Blade: Lord Silver Star
Brush: Men Rock Unknown. Probably synthetic
Lather: Stirling Stirling Green
Aftershave: Old Spice Lime (vintage)