SOTD: Saturday 7 - Friday 13 September 2024.

SOTD Thu 12 Sep 2024

What, another shave, shave
10DFBFDA-EA0C-4F94-A28C-9E65C9E0BB2B.jpeg
DSCosmetic green bowl
The Body Shop Maca Root and Aloe cream
Anbbas Amber tuxedo brush
Merkur 34C razor
Dorco ST301 blade
Homemade splash (witch hazel and essential oils)
Forest Fresh ASL
Nivea Sensitive PSB
‘Rennie’ the rubber duck (I know, I know, but until I come up with something else…)

Glorious shave tonight, close, smooth, comfortable, everything I look for in a shave. I really don’t know why I use anything else. The Merkur/Muhle type heads really suit my skin and I can get good shaves with the 38C and the R89 Twist and even the KCG, but the 34C is just so easy, even easier than the Gillette Tech for me. And for me the Maca Root cream is second only to Trumper’s and equal to Simpsons (in my little collection anyway). And I do like a tuxedo brush!
By the way, did I say ‘nostalgia’ the other day? Sorry, I meant ‘neuralgia’, because life can be a right pain in the neck sometimes!

Brush: Owners Club Boar Cherry
Razor: First Use of a newly aquired Flare Tip Edit ( not sure on this Razor, also a new Blade and Type as well , ill switch to a Perma and try the Razor again)
Soap: Wilkinson Bowl
Blade: First use of a Silver Star ( not sure, will need a few more shaves )
After: Sticking with the O.S. Lime

No matter how much i enjoy a Badger brush i do love the Owners Club Boars, a real workhorse of a brush for when you want to have a good go at your face.

Semogue Boar Cherry , Flare Tip, Silver Star.jpg

Last edited:
A few shaves to catch up on ** write some garbage about. And these three shaves arrive in pixilated format with the theme, 'Don't eat your pets'

This theme was brought to you by the United States election debate committee on behalf of the board of theming things.

** The term, 'catch up' has been deemed illegal. So apparently so has eating cats and dogs.....except in Springfield Ohio

Monday

20240909_143013.jpg

Dog meat - Occams Enoch
Cat kebab - Schick Proline
Tropical fish and chips - PAA Peregrino
Creamed Beaver - captain Fawcett's
Monkey moisturiser - L'Occitane Cade balm
Turtle head soup - Banana Republic Neroli Woods

'I love you Snoopy, and I promise not to eat you'

'Charlie, have you seen Snoopy around?'

An absolutely superb outing from the Enoch even if it did fall apart once. Phew, no collateral! Screw back together and finish the job, and finish it did. Peregrino and Fawcett's? Brilliant

Have some Japanese ladies to end this Monday shave on....

Tuesday

20240910_170717.jpg

Braised brass monkey - Timeless bronze
Shark blade soup - Feather
Budgie burger - Hive-2
Cream rabbit - Signature Londinium
Mickey mousse - Simple moisturiser
Donald ate my dog - Floris Limes

'That's correct. One minute I'm taking the dog for a walk and the next....?'

This razor is really getting a top vote from me. Good God it's even made a Feather last more than two shaves. Heaven in bronze. Timeless

Beaver salad? Too damn right

Wednesday (In abstract form)

20240911_190106.jpg

Hamsterburger - Razorock Hawk V3
Eat Springfield trouser snakes - Feather Professional
Burro burro - Yaqi Moka
Cock cream - Kent soap
Minnie mouseturiser - Pure
Parfait de parrot - Valentino Born in Roma

One fantastic bit of sink time with the Kent being at the forefront of it all and the Hawk being at the backside. My backside being covered with my shower towel and my forefront being hidden of its modesty by a piece of toilet paper.

And tonight we ate the Budgie with some seasonal vegetables and potatoes

I would have ended all this on another Japanese girly video but I obviously don't pay sufficient Smarties to the management to allow for further media titillation.

But, I love you all

Last edited:
81ml2KW.jpg

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Rudy Vey Shavemac Silvertip Badger
Soap: Mystic Water Pompelino & Fiori
Razor: Wolfman WR2
Blade: BIC Chrome Platinum (3)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel, Phoenix & Beau Albion After Shave Lotion
Scent: Christian Dior Eau Sauvage EdT

IMG_0588.jpeg
Fri 13 September
Italian American Shaving!

Pre - CeraVe soap & Proraso Blue
Razor - Gillette Slim 1966
Blade - Gillette Silver Blue (old type)
Brush - Zenith 26 unbleached boar
Soap - Cella Red
Post - Alum & Zingari Rambler

Wow - Loved the blade.
Also loved the smell of the Zingari Rambler but sadly even though this has witch hazel rather than alcohol, I still got a reaction under my neck. I have tried a range of aftershaves over the years and balms too but all bring out a reaction if they have any perfume. Thought I’d try with witch hazel but sadly same result. Weirdly - never had a reaction with any perfumed soaps.

So back to the boring hypoallergenic but faithful / trusted Boots No 7 balm

When I’ve got to 30 days (15 Sept) I will list the Zingari Rambler balm on BST - happy to swap for some unwanted soap or similar.

Have a great weekend all

PXL_20240912_212424400~5.jpg

7th cartridge shave in a row and my skin is getting a bit tired of it. one more cartridge shave tomorrow then I'll be home on Sunday and back to using a DE.

I had a pretty rushed shave this morning (taking an early train from Málaga to spend the day in Cordoba). rushing led to some irritation and a cut that bled a little. I can't blame the razor since I've been using the same ones all week. going to put it down to not enough prep, bad technique, taking long strokes with the razor, going too fast and my lather was off. it was lovely and thick but I guess it didn't have enough water and hadn't been worked enough so got pasty by the end of the first pass. the second and third passes were slicker but the damage had already been done.

it goes to show how much of a difference a good lather and technique make. you can get a great shave with most basic products or you can have a poor shave with the best gear.

13/09/24
Signature SEptember
Pre - Sainsbury's Luxury Soap Fig and Jasmine
Brush - Simpson Chubby 2 LE Faux Tortoise Synth
Soap - Signature Soap Valentia
Razor - Schick J1 1958-64
Blade - Personna Injector
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Tonyschin's Lime E45 / Argan oil Balm
A/S - Signature Soap Valentia
Wk37 (7).jpg
I managed to get to the Gym early this morning and was back before 7.30 so was able to use the bathroom for the last time before the workmen started.
I do enjoy using a Vintage injector razor, i find "most" of them very tame and very efficient. Today i completed 3 passes for a very safe, comfortable, BBS finish.
I ran out of my Lime balm yesterday so i made up another batch, it is very nice too.
Enjoy your day all.

Friday 13 September
Today I bring you two French hoes,…… ok stop smirking at the back guys!
Not lather catchers as such but designed for the steel wedge blade and so ably suited to the modern GEM blade.
They are pretty much identical in shape and size and assume that the model names reflect the finish being either stock brass or more fancy chrome.
Easy to use the brass version gave a no drama bbs in 2 passes.
Have a very enjoyable day fellas, stay safe on Friday 13th :eek: Me superstitious? Nah :oops:

IMG_9666.jpeg

1000002488.jpg
SOTD September 13. 2024.

Razor - Blackland Sabre polished. (3)
Blade - Personna Gem Stainless
Soap - Czech & Speake 88
Brush - Alpha Outlaw V1 Ti fitted with a 29mm Rhodium badger knot
Post - Thayer's Astringent

My first shave with the new Sabre and it was everything I had hoped it would be, an outstanding shave leaving me as smooth as smooth can be.
I've always liked the Gem blade and the new Sabre is a beautiful razor to have it in.

Until the next time, take care and enjoy your shaves! :)

Paul.

Last edited:
13 September

Wickham 1912 Magnum
Simpson Duke 3
Feather AS-D1
Feather Hi-Stainless
Proraso Sensitive balm
Creed Royal-Oud Millesime

94FF642F-D76F-40BE-A5A7-D2261CBC0898.jpeg
A very manly two pass shave this morning with the macho Magnum providing a top lather and the Feather combo a smooth face. A very pleasant start to Friday 13th.

98818E6D-31EB-4E97-A036-72B46246166A.jpeg

Simpson Duke 3 Super
Henson medium
Wizamet S.I. (3)
OSP Barbershop
Thayer’s cucumber witch hazel
Pitralon Classic a/s

First use of the Henson, and I found it to be ridiculously mild, practically zero blade. I can see how this razor is recommended as the perfect transition from carts. It actually has a feel that is quite similar to a cartridge. I will evaluate it with further use, but I can see this as a quick and mindless shave option.

Enjoy yours gents.

Back
Top Bottom