SOTD: Saturday 7 - Friday 13 September 2024.

SOTD 20240911
Prep: Razorock pre barba
Bowl: Symmetrical Pottery
Brush: The Varlet Orion
Soap: Santa Maria Novella Tabacco Toscano
Razor: Smart Helix Apollo
Blade: Gillette Nacet
AS: Santa Maria Novella Tabacco Toscano

SOTD_20240911.jpg

Best Regards
Marco

1000010694.jpg

My Shave today consisted of...
Prep 3P Pre shavecream.
Brush Highlander LE2023 Boar.
Soap Stirling Black Ice.
Razor Blackland Dart.
Blade Feather (2).
Aftershave Stirling Black Ice splash.

The Feather in the Dart was exceptionally good, the razor is a joy to use.
As was my lovely Highlander brush.
Enjoy the evening all.

Johnny Bravo Do The Monkey With Me GIF

Razor: Gillette Executive D3 1958 ( setting 4 )
Brush: Yaqi Robin 24mm 2 band
Blade: Perma ( going for 6th shave on this blade, i may need to abort, trying to find the sweet spot for me ) Update, 4 and done on these blades, tonights shave left some stubble, 4 shaves, im happy with that )
Soap: Erasmic ( not used in over a decade , albeit, this is a new bowl )
After: Sticking with the Old Spice Fresh Limes

Executive, Robin, Erasmic, Perma..jpg

Last edited:
Didn't think about putting a single blade in. Is there any sign of blade movement due to less blade thickness?

No, there isn't - it clamps down just fine. The edge is right up to the blade stops as well. I was interested to try it out but I do think I prefer the twin blade. Useful to know if you run out of twin blades.

SOTD: 12th September 2024.

12.jpg

Shaving Recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Bulldog Peppermint & Eucalyptus Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cien PURE Fragrance Free Sensitive Bar Soap.
Brush: Omega 48 Pro.
Face Lather.
Lather: Derby Shaving Soap Bowl.
Blade: Euromax Platinum Single Edge. (D1)
Razor: Yaqi Katana.

Cold Water Face Rinse./Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, /Alum Rub./Cold Water Rinse./Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.5 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With Care+Witch Hazel./ Gummy Traditional Turkish tobacco Cologne. /Arko Fresh ASB.

Greetings,

Early morning shave,

It's Been a while since I last added the Yaqi Katana, and forgot how efficient this single edge is. The assertive Katana is one of the very few razors that I found my shaving angle with after the first 5-7 seconds feeling totally comfortable shaving with it throughout my maiden shave.

The Euromax Platinum Single Edge blade matched together perfectly making a smooth efficient duo.

A efficient close comfortable 2 pass + pick ups silky smooth shave with no errors to report.

Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Arko Fresh ASB.

My face is feeling cool smooth & smelling divine. ;)

Keep safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Last edited:
Signature soaps Condate
Razorock 400
Alpha spirit
Schick proline
Dendi pure aftershave
1000037074.jpg

Almost two weeks of shaving with alpha spirit cemented it's place in the den. Excellent shaver, mild feeling and efficient shaving. It's light and nimble around the face and the balance is spot on.
Signature soaps as always never failed to deliver.

SOTD 12-Sep-24
1000037284.jpg
Brush: C&H 'Bone Lilly' V23
Soap: A&E The Novelist
Razor: Frederick Reynolds Swayback

Lovely chilled shave, think I'm going to have to give this a quick refresh on the finisher but still gave an acceptable finish.

Looks like I might have overestimated the remaining shaves in the soap, think this might actually die a death tomorrow.

Happy shaves all!

Cheers

Marc

Thursday 12 September

Today a lather catcher by Ever Ready, same Gem blade I’ve used all week and a rather tatty but usable old badger brush. The Eucris by Geo Trumper whips up nicely and a couple of passes plus tidy ups did the bbs job.
Now, the term lather catcher implies that during the shave the lather collects within the razor head in order to be washed out in quantity. However, I’ve observed that this didnt happen with any of the razors I’ve used this week. Maybe the soap used 100 years ago was much more prone to foam and less creamy than todays soaps? Who knows, anyway, whatever, it’s good to be able to still use these old boys after 100 years.
Have a great day fellas!

IMG_0777.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom